BRIGHTLINGSEA REGENT were left frustrated after their home game against Potters Bar Town had to be abandoned due to a floodlight failure.

The visitors were leading through Joseph Boachie's 56th-minute goal before the lights went out at North Road.

Play was suspended after the hour mark in the Pitching In Isthmian League Premier clash when the lights went out on one side of the ground.

And despite the floodlights briefly coming back on, they failed again and the match was abandoned.

R's goalkeeper Louis Hawes had earlier pulled off a fantastic penalty save, early in the second half.

The R's had been hoping their new signings Zack Littlejohn, Andy George, Luke Skinner, Dominic Locke and Connor Barnby, all signed from White Ensign, would make an impact against Potters Bar but the lights went out.

In division north, MALDON AND TIPTREE were beaten 2-1 at home by Great Wakering Rovers.

Scott Kemp netted for the Jammers, who had Charlee Hughes sent off late on after picking up a second yellow card.

HEYBRIDGE SWIFTS fell to a 1-0 defeat at Brentwood Town, while managerless WITHAM TOWN drew 1-1 with Grays Athletic thanks to Adam Vyse's 90th-minute penalty.

BRAINTREE TOWN were comprehensively beaten 2-0 by a far superior Havant and Waterlooville side, in National League South.

Havant went ahead in 42nd minute when a cleverly worked move ended with a classy strike from Tommy Wright.

And although Braintree continued to battle against the odds in the second half, they conceded again in the 77th minute.

Wright put them out of their misery, pinching the ball off Marcus Johnson-Schuster and driving for goal before unleashing a shot that gave goalkeeper Billy Johnson little chance.

In the Errington Challenge Cup, STANWAY ROVERS beat LITTLE OAKLEY 4-2.

Danny Garrard scored twice for the Acorns.

FC CLACTON progressed in the Peter Butcher Memorial Trophy after first-half goals from Teddy Collis and Harry McDonald sealed a 2-1 win over White Ensign.

Two first-half goals saw HALSTEAD TOWN win 2-0 at Wormley Rovers and maintain their position in the Thurlow Nunn League first division south play-off places.

Calvin Poku headed in Blackwell's pinpoint cross in the third minute.

And Poku added a second for Halstead when he slotted home after being played in by Jordan Blackwell, after Mark Dallinger’s effort rebounded to him.

HOLLAND FC drew 2-2 at home with May and Baker while WIVENHOE TOWN won 2-1 at Burnham Ramblers, thanks to goals from debutant Joe Maybanks and Tyler Kemp.