NEW Colchester United signing Bryan Ifeanyi scored a hat-trick on his MALDON AND TIPTREE debut as they started their new Pitching In Isthmian League division north season in free-scoring style.

Former Leyton Orient youngster Ifeany, who signed for the U’s this week before joining their alliance club Maldon, hit three goals in his side’s 7-0 triumph at Romford.

Charlee Hughes, Scott Kemp, John Gilbert and Malachi Napa were also on target, for Wayne Brown’s side.

HEYBRIDGE SWIFTS were beaten 3-1 in their league opener at Dereham Town.

Robbie Linford gave the hosts a second-minute lead and Shaun Bammant doubled it before half-time.

Alex Teniola pulled a goal back from the penalty spot with 20 minutes remaining to give Swifts hope but Luke Johnson wrapped up the hosts’ win, eight minutes later.

WITHAM TOWN ran out 3-2 winners at Great Wakering Rovers.

Ben Search gave Witham a 32nd-minute lead and although Mitchell Gilbey levelled six minutes later, Chinedu Osadebe restored the visitors’ advantage just before half-time.

Osadebe then made it 3-1 just before the hour and although Martin Tuohy pulled another goal back for Rovers late on, Town held on for victory.

BRIGHTLINGSEA REGENT beat Merstham 2-0, in their premier division opener.

Jake Clowsley gave the R’s the lead midway through the second half, before Lewis Byrne-Hewitt wrapped up their win with three minutes remaining.

BRAINTREE TOWN played out a 1-1 draw in their National League South opener at home to Oxford City.

Alfie Payne’s opener for Iron was cancelled out by Dan Matsuzaka’s late equaliser, with the hosts having to play the final 25 minutes plus stoppage-time with ten men after Femi Akinwande was sent off for two bookable offences.

In the Essex Senior League, STANWAY ROVERS lost 2-0 at Enfield FC and FC CLACTON were beaten 1-0 at home by Hoddesdon Town.

LITTLE OAKLEY won 5-1 at Sawbridgeworth Town - Harry Mann, Danny Garrad, Lew Wood, Rory Harman and Luke Mayhew all netted for the Acorns.

In Thurlow Nunn League first division south, WIVENHOE TOWN lost 5-0 at Buckhurst Hill.

The Dragons fell behind early and then Mitch Arthur was sent off in the 20th minute.

Ben Gallifant was then injured so Wivenhoe played much of the game with defender Mike Fitzgibbon in goal.

Jordan Palmer scored twice in HALSTEAD TOWN’S 4-2 defeat at Park View while HARWICH AND PARKESTON drew 0-0 with Wormley Rovers.