JOE McCraken made an instant impact after his switch to Stanway Rovers as his brace helped fire his new side to a Thurlow Nunn League premier division win against Walsham le Willows.

Having left Wivenhoe Town to join Stanway in the week, McCraken made an impression on his debut as his double, added to an opener from Jordan Bennett, saw Rovers win 3-0 at the Hawthorns.

It meant Kem Izzet’s team have now taken seven points from their last three games and lifted themselves to 11th in the premier division table.

Another side who are flying high are BRANTHAM ATHLETIC and their 5-2 win against visiting Godmanchester Rovers was an eighth win in a row.

However, they had to come from behind to win as, despite Adam Bloss scoring for Athletic, two Godmanchester goals gave the visitors the lead at half-time.

That all changed after the break, though.

Bloss was on target again to pull Brantham level and a Ben Newson strike, one from Michael Brothers and a Craig Hughes penalty gave Athletic a 5-2 victory to take them fourth in the table.

There wasn’t such good news for WIVENHOE TOWN, though.

Despite Histon ending the game with ten men after their goalkeeper was dismissed, they won 3-1 to leave Harry Willoughby’s first goal for the Dragons as only a consolation.

The weekend’s other top-flight game involving local sides took place at West Street on Friday night and saw second-placed COGGESHALL TOWN secure a 3-0 home win against FC CLACTON.

Conor Hubble was on target twice for the Seedgrowers and Aaron Cosgrove added a third.

In division one, LITTLE OAKLEY ended a run of three back-to-back draws in the league with a win against Norwich United.

The Acorns had Lewis Wood on target and Harry Mann scoring a brace as they beat their Norfolk visitors 3-2 at the Memorial Ground.

There was a draw on the road for HALSTEAD TOWN.

The Humbugs had been held to a 1-1 draw by March Town United at home earlier in the season and there was nothing between them in the reverse fixture as they drew 2-2 this time.

Halstead had to come from behind twice, though, as Toby Allen gave the hosts the lead on both occasions with goals cancelled out by strikes from Karl Andrade and then Kane Gilbert.

There was no joy for HOLLAND FC, though, as they were beaten 3-1 at home by Kings Lynn Town Reserves.

The Linnets’ second-string went joint top with their win, but Holland missed a penalty in the second half.