Dog rescued during house fire in Colchester

First published in News

A DOG was rescued following a blaze at a home in Colchester.

Three fire crews from Colchester and Tiptree were called to a home in Beechwood Close at about 12.25pm on Saturday.

A spokesman for Essex County Fire and Rescue Service said firefighters used breathing apparatus and one hose reel to tackle the fire.

“Crews arriving at the scene reported that the whole of the ground floor of the two bedroomed terraced property was heavily smoke logged,” he said.

“The occupants of the house had escaped before firefighters arrived but crews rescued a pet dog from the property.

“There are no reported casualties.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree