I’m sleeping rough to highlight homelessness

I’m sleeping rough to highlight homelessness

I’m sleeping rough to highlight homelessness

First published in News

A MAN has left the comforts of his family home to experience life sleeping rough.

Chris Rayner, 47, of East Hill, Colchester, will live on the streets for seven days to raise awareness of homelessness.

The dad-of-two started his challenge on Saturday, armed with just a sleeping bag and some warm clothes.

Read the full story in Tuesday's Gazette.

Comments (23)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:56pm Tue 28 Jan 14

tizwaz says...

armed with just a sleeping bag and some warm clothes,warm clothes ?, is this 7 days & 7 nights by chance, ? or are you just by chance trotting off to your nice warm house, to wash & shave?,i was made homeless over 20yrs ago, i never had a home to go to, my sleeping bag was my home, my money was petance paid by back then PI from DHSS,to sore memory, to go on
armed with just a sleeping bag and some warm clothes,warm clothes ?, is this 7 days & 7 nights by chance, ? or are you just by chance trotting off to your nice warm house, to wash & shave?,i was made homeless over 20yrs ago, i never had a home to go to, my sleeping bag was my home, my money was petance paid by back then PI from DHSS,to sore memory, to go on tizwaz
  • Score: -22

9:44pm Tue 28 Jan 14

merlin666 says...

What a pathetic comment tizwaz. What are you doing to highlight and hopefully make a difference for the homeless in colchester?
What a pathetic comment tizwaz. What are you doing to highlight and hopefully make a difference for the homeless in colchester? merlin666
  • Score: 9

10:04pm Tue 28 Jan 14

Harry.Brown says...

YOU WANT IT DO IT FOR REAL MATE

when i left the forces it happened to me i thought your name was different that the one you posted your one of the twins are you not???

good idea nice heart but its more scary when you have got no real home to go to and you dont know when the next dole cheque or meal is coming.

i had three bin bags of belongings when i was stuffed.. i used to hang around with kevin o halloran he has been living on the streets for years...
no f****r will help him out all he does is his scratch cards and gets his cheese sarnies from the nuns in priory street...
YOU WANT IT DO IT FOR REAL MATE when i left the forces it happened to me i thought your name was different that the one you posted your one of the twins are you not??? good idea nice heart but its more scary when you have got no real home to go to and you dont know when the next dole cheque or meal is coming. i had three bin bags of belongings when i was stuffed.. i used to hang around with kevin o halloran he has been living on the streets for years... no f****r will help him out all he does is his scratch cards and gets his cheese sarnies from the nuns in priory street... Harry.Brown
  • Score: -9

10:30pm Tue 28 Jan 14

Charlienic says...

Good luck to you. Well done for highlighting a all too often forgotten problem in Colchester. Despie Mr Osborne's comments that we are all now officially well off there are still far too many people living rough on our streets.
Good luck to you. Well done for highlighting a all too often forgotten problem in Colchester. Despie Mr Osborne's comments that we are all now officially well off there are still far too many people living rough on our streets. Charlienic
  • Score: 8

9:13am Wed 29 Jan 14

romantic says...

tizwaz and Harry Brown - come on guys, give the man a break. This is somebody who is at least trying to highlight the problem. Let's be honest, most of the people in this town walk on by. Including myself, to a fair extent.

Yes, he has a house and at the end of the week, he can go back to it. I have never been homeless. I have slept on the streets some nights in the past, and those occasional nights gave me just the smallest insight into how cold it can be out there. For every person lying in a doorway in the High Street, there will be another one who is just trying to find a place where they will not be a target for the drunks. Kevin, who Harry Brown mentions, is an example of such a person. He has places to sleep which are hidden, because actually he more threatened than a threat. He has a network of people who help out in their own small ways.

Whatever your views on welfare cuts, it is a brutal reality that more people will find themselves on the streets in years to come. I don't know tizwaz and Harry Brown's circumstances now, but they have turned things around sufficiently to be accessing the Internet. Both of you are therefore proof that situations can improve. Maybe you should go and speak to this guy and give him more insight into what being on the streets is really like, rather than dismissing his actions as being somehow fake.
tizwaz and Harry Brown - come on guys, give the man a break. This is somebody who is at least trying to highlight the problem. Let's be honest, most of the people in this town walk on by. Including myself, to a fair extent. Yes, he has a house and at the end of the week, he can go back to it. I have never been homeless. I have slept on the streets some nights in the past, and those occasional nights gave me just the smallest insight into how cold it can be out there. For every person lying in a doorway in the High Street, there will be another one who is just trying to find a place where they will not be a target for the drunks. Kevin, who Harry Brown mentions, is an example of such a person. He has places to sleep which are hidden, because actually he more threatened than a threat. He has a network of people who help out in their own small ways. Whatever your views on welfare cuts, it is a brutal reality that more people will find themselves on the streets in years to come. I don't know tizwaz and Harry Brown's circumstances now, but they have turned things around sufficiently to be accessing the Internet. Both of you are therefore proof that situations can improve. Maybe you should go and speak to this guy and give him more insight into what being on the streets is really like, rather than dismissing his actions as being somehow fake. romantic
  • Score: 16

10:17am Wed 29 Jan 14

Catchedicam says...

romantic wrote:
tizwaz and Harry Brown - come on guys, give the man a break. This is somebody who is at least trying to highlight the problem. Let's be honest, most of the people in this town walk on by. Including myself, to a fair extent.

Yes, he has a house and at the end of the week, he can go back to it. I have never been homeless. I have slept on the streets some nights in the past, and those occasional nights gave me just the smallest insight into how cold it can be out there. For every person lying in a doorway in the High Street, there will be another one who is just trying to find a place where they will not be a target for the drunks. Kevin, who Harry Brown mentions, is an example of such a person. He has places to sleep which are hidden, because actually he more threatened than a threat. He has a network of people who help out in their own small ways.

Whatever your views on welfare cuts, it is a brutal reality that more people will find themselves on the streets in years to come. I don't know tizwaz and Harry Brown's circumstances now, but they have turned things around sufficiently to be accessing the Internet. Both of you are therefore proof that situations can improve. Maybe you should go and speak to this guy and give him more insight into what being on the streets is really like, rather than dismissing his actions as being somehow fake.
This is a great idea, most people think that homeless people are there because they are drug addicts, or alcoholics, so the homeless are a threat. most people don't see the real life issues of readjustment to civilian life, many rough sleepers are ex forces, or mental health issues that make holding down a job or a fixed home possible. Anything that raises this issue, and helps people to understand the human story behind the public view can only help. So yes Harry Brown and Tizwaz go and talk to him, speak out, tell those that don't know and don't understand your stories. Make people realise that most rough sleepers are there through no fault of their own, especially important in this time when even the sick and physically disabled are being pilloried for their circumstance.
[quote][p][bold]romantic[/bold] wrote: tizwaz and Harry Brown - come on guys, give the man a break. This is somebody who is at least trying to highlight the problem. Let's be honest, most of the people in this town walk on by. Including myself, to a fair extent. Yes, he has a house and at the end of the week, he can go back to it. I have never been homeless. I have slept on the streets some nights in the past, and those occasional nights gave me just the smallest insight into how cold it can be out there. For every person lying in a doorway in the High Street, there will be another one who is just trying to find a place where they will not be a target for the drunks. Kevin, who Harry Brown mentions, is an example of such a person. He has places to sleep which are hidden, because actually he more threatened than a threat. He has a network of people who help out in their own small ways. Whatever your views on welfare cuts, it is a brutal reality that more people will find themselves on the streets in years to come. I don't know tizwaz and Harry Brown's circumstances now, but they have turned things around sufficiently to be accessing the Internet. Both of you are therefore proof that situations can improve. Maybe you should go and speak to this guy and give him more insight into what being on the streets is really like, rather than dismissing his actions as being somehow fake.[/p][/quote]This is a great idea, most people think that homeless people are there because they are drug addicts, or alcoholics, so the homeless are a threat. most people don't see the real life issues of readjustment to civilian life, many rough sleepers are ex forces, or mental health issues that make holding down a job or a fixed home possible. Anything that raises this issue, and helps people to understand the human story behind the public view can only help. So yes Harry Brown and Tizwaz go and talk to him, speak out, tell those that don't know and don't understand your stories. Make people realise that most rough sleepers are there through no fault of their own, especially important in this time when even the sick and physically disabled are being pilloried for their circumstance. Catchedicam
  • Score: 8

12:34pm Wed 29 Jan 14

Harry.Brown says...

romantic wrote:
tizwaz and Harry Brown - come on guys, give the man a break. This is somebody who is at least trying to highlight the problem. Let's be honest, most of the people in this town walk on by. Including myself, to a fair extent.

Yes, he has a house and at the end of the week, he can go back to it. I have never been homeless. I have slept on the streets some nights in the past, and those occasional nights gave me just the smallest insight into how cold it can be out there. For every person lying in a doorway in the High Street, there will be another one who is just trying to find a place where they will not be a target for the drunks. Kevin, who Harry Brown mentions, is an example of such a person. He has places to sleep which are hidden, because actually he more threatened than a threat. He has a network of people who help out in their own small ways.

Whatever your views on welfare cuts, it is a brutal reality that more people will find themselves on the streets in years to come. I don't know tizwaz and Harry Brown's circumstances now, but they have turned things around sufficiently to be accessing the Internet. Both of you are therefore proof that situations can improve. Maybe you should go and speak to this guy and give him more insight into what being on the streets is really like, rather than dismissing his actions as being somehow fake.
when i came out of the forces i lost my lump sum in a business venture in three years and ended up on my arse.
i cant tell you how i got back on my feet it involved some unsavoury and desperate actions.
i had to get quite nasty as not a lot of people gave a f**k about me.
kevin and i are mates we go way back.
you lot dont know nothing about kev i know him and his mum and i know where he comes from so if you know better than me i would put up or sh*t up?
i see kev about once a fortnight i dont give him cash cos he blows it scratch cards. I give him food and new shoes from cheap stores because he looses stuff all the time.
i know why kev cant live in houses? I once gav him my back garden shed in the town centre all kitted out, where i used to live back in the 90's...but the ali ba ba council where going to charge me extra poll tax for an additional dwelling in use in the property.
some grey rinser old **** came round in a cheap old M&S suit and a clip board and started giving me a hard time with this and that laws and regs.
if you know kev which you lot dont then you would know better than to jump on the ol goody 2 shoes brigade...as for erroll and chris they are mates of mine that i go back with 30 years.
i dont need that crap either, they know what i think!
[quote][p][bold]romantic[/bold] wrote: tizwaz and Harry Brown - come on guys, give the man a break. This is somebody who is at least trying to highlight the problem. Let's be honest, most of the people in this town walk on by. Including myself, to a fair extent. Yes, he has a house and at the end of the week, he can go back to it. I have never been homeless. I have slept on the streets some nights in the past, and those occasional nights gave me just the smallest insight into how cold it can be out there. For every person lying in a doorway in the High Street, there will be another one who is just trying to find a place where they will not be a target for the drunks. Kevin, who Harry Brown mentions, is an example of such a person. He has places to sleep which are hidden, because actually he more threatened than a threat. He has a network of people who help out in their own small ways. Whatever your views on welfare cuts, it is a brutal reality that more people will find themselves on the streets in years to come. I don't know tizwaz and Harry Brown's circumstances now, but they have turned things around sufficiently to be accessing the Internet. Both of you are therefore proof that situations can improve. Maybe you should go and speak to this guy and give him more insight into what being on the streets is really like, rather than dismissing his actions as being somehow fake.[/p][/quote]when i came out of the forces i lost my lump sum in a business venture in three years and ended up on my arse. i cant tell you how i got back on my feet it involved some unsavoury and desperate actions. i had to get quite nasty as not a lot of people gave a f**k about me. kevin and i are mates we go way back. you lot dont know nothing about kev i know him and his mum and i know where he comes from so if you know better than me i would put up or sh*t up? i see kev about once a fortnight i dont give him cash cos he blows it scratch cards. I give him food and new shoes from cheap stores because he looses stuff all the time. i know why kev cant live in houses? I once gav him my back garden shed in the town centre all kitted out, where i used to live back in the 90's...but the ali ba ba council where going to charge me extra poll tax for an additional dwelling in use in the property. some grey rinser old **** came round in a cheap old M&S suit and a clip board and started giving me a hard time with this and that laws and regs. if you know kev which you lot dont then you would know better than to jump on the ol goody 2 shoes brigade...as for erroll and chris they are mates of mine that i go back with 30 years. i dont need that crap either, they know what i think! Harry.Brown
  • Score: -6

5:50pm Wed 29 Jan 14

tizwaz says...

merlin666 wrote:
What a pathetic comment tizwaz. What are you doing to highlight and hopefully make a difference for the homeless in colchester?
my comment was far from pathetic ,two words for you
[quote][p][bold]merlin666[/bold] wrote: What a pathetic comment tizwaz. What are you doing to highlight and hopefully make a difference for the homeless in colchester?[/p][/quote]my comment was far from pathetic ,two words for you tizwaz
  • Score: -11

6:04pm Wed 29 Jan 14

tizwaz says...

Harry.Brown wrote:
YOU WANT IT DO IT FOR REAL MATE

when i left the forces it happened to me i thought your name was different that the one you posted your one of the twins are you not???

good idea nice heart but its more scary when you have got no real home to go to and you dont know when the next dole cheque or meal is coming.

i had three bin bags of belongings when i was stuffed.. i used to hang around with kevin o halloran he has been living on the streets for years...
no f****r will help him out all he does is his scratch cards and gets his cheese sarnies from the nuns in priory street...
the nuns in priory street...i use to go there, sarnies & a mug of tea.
The only place for homeless in my day was men`s homeless shelter.they did`nt do anything for female`s
[quote][p][bold]Harry.Brown[/bold] wrote: YOU WANT IT DO IT FOR REAL MATE when i left the forces it happened to me i thought your name was different that the one you posted your one of the twins are you not??? good idea nice heart but its more scary when you have got no real home to go to and you dont know when the next dole cheque or meal is coming. i had three bin bags of belongings when i was stuffed.. i used to hang around with kevin o halloran he has been living on the streets for years... no f****r will help him out all he does is his scratch cards and gets his cheese sarnies from the nuns in priory street...[/p][/quote]the nuns in priory street...i use to go there, sarnies & a mug of tea. The only place for homeless in my day was men`s homeless shelter.they did`nt do anything for female`s tizwaz
  • Score: -1

7:57pm Wed 29 Jan 14

merlin666 says...

I believe thst Chris is doing this in the hope of gaining not only awareness of the difficulties the homeless face daily but to eventually with funding be able to offer a service to the homeless that is most wanted and needed by the homeless of Colchester.
I believe thst Chris is doing this in the hope of gaining not only awareness of the difficulties the homeless face daily but to eventually with funding be able to offer a service to the homeless that is most wanted and needed by the homeless of Colchester. merlin666
  • Score: 7

8:26pm Wed 29 Jan 14

UndergroundOverground says...

tizwaz wrote:
merlin666 wrote:
What a pathetic comment tizwaz. What are you doing to highlight and hopefully make a difference for the homeless in colchester?
my comment was far from pathetic ,two words for you
Would those 2 words be chip and shoulder?

Odd that 2 people who have seemingly been homeless would be so quick to condemn the actions of a man who is trying to highlight the plight of homeless people.
[quote][p][bold]tizwaz[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]merlin666[/bold] wrote: What a pathetic comment tizwaz. What are you doing to highlight and hopefully make a difference for the homeless in colchester?[/p][/quote]my comment was far from pathetic ,two words for you[/p][/quote]Would those 2 words be chip and shoulder? Odd that 2 people who have seemingly been homeless would be so quick to condemn the actions of a man who is trying to highlight the plight of homeless people. UndergroundOverground
  • Score: 16

7:40pm Thu 30 Jan 14

Suffolkcommuter says...

tizwaz wrote:
armed with just a sleeping bag and some warm clothes,warm clothes ?, is this 7 days & 7 nights by chance, ? or are you just by chance trotting off to your nice warm house, to wash & shave?,i was made homeless over 20yrs ago, i never had a home to go to, my sleeping bag was my home, my money was petance paid by back then PI from DHSS,to sore memory, to go on
silly post
[quote][p][bold]tizwaz[/bold] wrote: armed with just a sleeping bag and some warm clothes,warm clothes ?, is this 7 days & 7 nights by chance, ? or are you just by chance trotting off to your nice warm house, to wash & shave?,i was made homeless over 20yrs ago, i never had a home to go to, my sleeping bag was my home, my money was petance paid by back then PI from DHSS,to sore memory, to go on[/p][/quote]silly post Suffolkcommuter
  • Score: 0

12:32am Fri 31 Jan 14

purpleorange says...

Google Christian Around Britain. an Ex force member walking the entire coastline and only sleeping rough. Has now raised thousands for H4H and made many people aware how easy it is for the people who fight for our country to end up homeless. He started in Blackpool aug 2012 and is now in Scotland. I had the honour of meeting such a great bloke when he got to Colchester in May last year.
Google Christian Around Britain. an Ex force member walking the entire coastline and only sleeping rough. Has now raised thousands for H4H and made many people aware how easy it is for the people who fight for our country to end up homeless. He started in Blackpool aug 2012 and is now in Scotland. I had the honour of meeting such a great bloke when he got to Colchester in May last year. purpleorange
  • Score: 3

1:19am Fri 31 Jan 14

Mind your own business says...

Well I hope he's not going to act like a homeless person i.e. get drunk **** on a shop door and all over him self shout abuse at passers by and masturbate at schoolgirls.
Well I hope he's not going to act like a homeless person i.e. get drunk **** on a shop door and all over him self shout abuse at passers by and masturbate at schoolgirls. Mind your own business
  • Score: -2

12:05pm Fri 31 Jan 14

charlies angel says...

Chris whatever your reasons for doing this I for one say well done. I remember you from school but that was many moons ago now and we have both overcome many of the hurdles that life has thrown at us. Good luck I hope gazette do a follow up report on how you get on. Being homeless doesn't always mean drink and drugs are involved..........
Chris whatever your reasons for doing this I for one say well done. I remember you from school but that was many moons ago now and we have both overcome many of the hurdles that life has thrown at us. Good luck I hope gazette do a follow up report on how you get on. Being homeless doesn't always mean drink and drugs are involved.......... charlies angel
  • Score: 3

12:16pm Fri 31 Jan 14

stevedawson says...

Well at least he'll know what hes talking about.vote ukip.
Well at least he'll know what hes talking about.vote ukip. stevedawson
  • Score: -1

5:49am Sat 1 Feb 14

the mighty wah says...

Harry.Brown wrote:
romantic wrote:
tizwaz and Harry Brown - come on guys, give the man a break. This is somebody who is at least trying to highlight the problem. Let's be honest, most of the people in this town walk on by. Including myself, to a fair extent.

Yes, he has a house and at the end of the week, he can go back to it. I have never been homeless. I have slept on the streets some nights in the past, and those occasional nights gave me just the smallest insight into how cold it can be out there. For every person lying in a doorway in the High Street, there will be another one who is just trying to find a place where they will not be a target for the drunks. Kevin, who Harry Brown mentions, is an example of such a person. He has places to sleep which are hidden, because actually he more threatened than a threat. He has a network of people who help out in their own small ways.

Whatever your views on welfare cuts, it is a brutal reality that more people will find themselves on the streets in years to come. I don't know tizwaz and Harry Brown's circumstances now, but they have turned things around sufficiently to be accessing the Internet. Both of you are therefore proof that situations can improve. Maybe you should go and speak to this guy and give him more insight into what being on the streets is really like, rather than dismissing his actions as being somehow fake.
when i came out of the forces i lost my lump sum in a business venture in three years and ended up on my arse.
i cant tell you how i got back on my feet it involved some unsavoury and desperate actions.
i had to get quite nasty as not a lot of people gave a f**k about me.
kevin and i are mates we go way back.
you lot dont know nothing about kev i know him and his mum and i know where he comes from so if you know better than me i would put up or sh*t up?
i see kev about once a fortnight i dont give him cash cos he blows it scratch cards. I give him food and new shoes from cheap stores because he looses stuff all the time.
i know why kev cant live in houses? I once gav him my back garden shed in the town centre all kitted out, where i used to live back in the 90's...but the ali ba ba council where going to charge me extra poll tax for an additional dwelling in use in the property.
some grey rinser old **** came round in a cheap old M&S suit and a clip board and started giving me a hard time with this and that laws and regs.
if you know kev which you lot dont then you would know better than to jump on the ol goody 2 shoes brigade...as for erroll and chris they are mates of mine that i go back with 30 years.
i dont need that crap either, they know what i think!
If they are mates of yours then surely you'd get the formers name right? Errol ffs?
[quote][p][bold]Harry.Brown[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]romantic[/bold] wrote: tizwaz and Harry Brown - come on guys, give the man a break. This is somebody who is at least trying to highlight the problem. Let's be honest, most of the people in this town walk on by. Including myself, to a fair extent. Yes, he has a house and at the end of the week, he can go back to it. I have never been homeless. I have slept on the streets some nights in the past, and those occasional nights gave me just the smallest insight into how cold it can be out there. For every person lying in a doorway in the High Street, there will be another one who is just trying to find a place where they will not be a target for the drunks. Kevin, who Harry Brown mentions, is an example of such a person. He has places to sleep which are hidden, because actually he more threatened than a threat. He has a network of people who help out in their own small ways. Whatever your views on welfare cuts, it is a brutal reality that more people will find themselves on the streets in years to come. I don't know tizwaz and Harry Brown's circumstances now, but they have turned things around sufficiently to be accessing the Internet. Both of you are therefore proof that situations can improve. Maybe you should go and speak to this guy and give him more insight into what being on the streets is really like, rather than dismissing his actions as being somehow fake.[/p][/quote]when i came out of the forces i lost my lump sum in a business venture in three years and ended up on my arse. i cant tell you how i got back on my feet it involved some unsavoury and desperate actions. i had to get quite nasty as not a lot of people gave a f**k about me. kevin and i are mates we go way back. you lot dont know nothing about kev i know him and his mum and i know where he comes from so if you know better than me i would put up or sh*t up? i see kev about once a fortnight i dont give him cash cos he blows it scratch cards. I give him food and new shoes from cheap stores because he looses stuff all the time. i know why kev cant live in houses? I once gav him my back garden shed in the town centre all kitted out, where i used to live back in the 90's...but the ali ba ba council where going to charge me extra poll tax for an additional dwelling in use in the property. some grey rinser old **** came round in a cheap old M&S suit and a clip board and started giving me a hard time with this and that laws and regs. if you know kev which you lot dont then you would know better than to jump on the ol goody 2 shoes brigade...as for erroll and chris they are mates of mine that i go back with 30 years. i dont need that crap either, they know what i think![/p][/quote]If they are mates of yours then surely you'd get the formers name right? Errol ffs? the mighty wah
  • Score: 1

1:44pm Sat 1 Feb 14

Harry-Brown says...

the mighty wah wrote:
Harry.Brown wrote:
romantic wrote:
tizwaz and Harry Brown - come on guys, give the man a break. This is somebody who is at least trying to highlight the problem. Let's be honest, most of the people in this town walk on by. Including myself, to a fair extent.

Yes, he has a house and at the end of the week, he can go back to it. I have never been homeless. I have slept on the streets some nights in the past, and those occasional nights gave me just the smallest insight into how cold it can be out there. For every person lying in a doorway in the High Street, there will be another one who is just trying to find a place where they will not be a target for the drunks. Kevin, who Harry Brown mentions, is an example of such a person. He has places to sleep which are hidden, because actually he more threatened than a threat. He has a network of people who help out in their own small ways.

Whatever your views on welfare cuts, it is a brutal reality that more people will find themselves on the streets in years to come. I don't know tizwaz and Harry Brown's circumstances now, but they have turned things around sufficiently to be accessing the Internet. Both of you are therefore proof that situations can improve. Maybe you should go and speak to this guy and give him more insight into what being on the streets is really like, rather than dismissing his actions as being somehow fake.
when i came out of the forces i lost my lump sum in a business venture in three years and ended up on my arse.
i cant tell you how i got back on my feet it involved some unsavoury and desperate actions.
i had to get quite nasty as not a lot of people gave a f**k about me.
kevin and i are mates we go way back.
you lot dont know nothing about kev i know him and his mum and i know where he comes from so if you know better than me i would put up or sh*t up?
i see kev about once a fortnight i dont give him cash cos he blows it scratch cards. I give him food and new shoes from cheap stores because he looses stuff all the time.
i know why kev cant live in houses? I once gav him my back garden shed in the town centre all kitted out, where i used to live back in the 90's...but the ali ba ba council where going to charge me extra poll tax for an additional dwelling in use in the property.
some grey rinser old **** came round in a cheap old M&S suit and a clip board and started giving me a hard time with this and that laws and regs.
if you know kev which you lot dont then you would know better than to jump on the ol goody 2 shoes brigade...as for erroll and chris they are mates of mine that i go back with 30 years.
i dont need that crap either, they know what i think!
If they are mates of yours then surely you'd get the formers name right? Errol ffs?
one L just about sums you up
ffs?
is that all you've got to say sad one
you've found your niche in life congrats
one L
oh wow you post over one L
i think i have seen it all now.
[quote][p][bold]the mighty wah[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Harry.Brown[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]romantic[/bold] wrote: tizwaz and Harry Brown - come on guys, give the man a break. This is somebody who is at least trying to highlight the problem. Let's be honest, most of the people in this town walk on by. Including myself, to a fair extent. Yes, he has a house and at the end of the week, he can go back to it. I have never been homeless. I have slept on the streets some nights in the past, and those occasional nights gave me just the smallest insight into how cold it can be out there. For every person lying in a doorway in the High Street, there will be another one who is just trying to find a place where they will not be a target for the drunks. Kevin, who Harry Brown mentions, is an example of such a person. He has places to sleep which are hidden, because actually he more threatened than a threat. He has a network of people who help out in their own small ways. Whatever your views on welfare cuts, it is a brutal reality that more people will find themselves on the streets in years to come. I don't know tizwaz and Harry Brown's circumstances now, but they have turned things around sufficiently to be accessing the Internet. Both of you are therefore proof that situations can improve. Maybe you should go and speak to this guy and give him more insight into what being on the streets is really like, rather than dismissing his actions as being somehow fake.[/p][/quote]when i came out of the forces i lost my lump sum in a business venture in three years and ended up on my arse. i cant tell you how i got back on my feet it involved some unsavoury and desperate actions. i had to get quite nasty as not a lot of people gave a f**k about me. kevin and i are mates we go way back. you lot dont know nothing about kev i know him and his mum and i know where he comes from so if you know better than me i would put up or sh*t up? i see kev about once a fortnight i dont give him cash cos he blows it scratch cards. I give him food and new shoes from cheap stores because he looses stuff all the time. i know why kev cant live in houses? I once gav him my back garden shed in the town centre all kitted out, where i used to live back in the 90's...but the ali ba ba council where going to charge me extra poll tax for an additional dwelling in use in the property. some grey rinser old **** came round in a cheap old M&S suit and a clip board and started giving me a hard time with this and that laws and regs. if you know kev which you lot dont then you would know better than to jump on the ol goody 2 shoes brigade...as for erroll and chris they are mates of mine that i go back with 30 years. i dont need that crap either, they know what i think![/p][/quote]If they are mates of yours then surely you'd get the formers name right? Errol ffs?[/p][/quote]one L just about sums you up ffs? is that all you've got to say sad one you've found your niche in life congrats one L oh wow you post over one L i think i have seen it all now. Harry-Brown
  • Score: -4

6:15pm Sat 1 Feb 14

the mighty wah says...

Harry-Brown wrote:
the mighty wah wrote:
Harry.Brown wrote:
romantic wrote:
tizwaz and Harry Brown - come on guys, give the man a break. This is somebody who is at least trying to highlight the problem. Let's be honest, most of the people in this town walk on by. Including myself, to a fair extent.

Yes, he has a house and at the end of the week, he can go back to it. I have never been homeless. I have slept on the streets some nights in the past, and those occasional nights gave me just the smallest insight into how cold it can be out there. For every person lying in a doorway in the High Street, there will be another one who is just trying to find a place where they will not be a target for the drunks. Kevin, who Harry Brown mentions, is an example of such a person. He has places to sleep which are hidden, because actually he more threatened than a threat. He has a network of people who help out in their own small ways.

Whatever your views on welfare cuts, it is a brutal reality that more people will find themselves on the streets in years to come. I don't know tizwaz and Harry Brown's circumstances now, but they have turned things around sufficiently to be accessing the Internet. Both of you are therefore proof that situations can improve. Maybe you should go and speak to this guy and give him more insight into what being on the streets is really like, rather than dismissing his actions as being somehow fake.
when i came out of the forces i lost my lump sum in a business venture in three years and ended up on my arse.
i cant tell you how i got back on my feet it involved some unsavoury and desperate actions.
i had to get quite nasty as not a lot of people gave a f**k about me.
kevin and i are mates we go way back.
you lot dont know nothing about kev i know him and his mum and i know where he comes from so if you know better than me i would put up or sh*t up?
i see kev about once a fortnight i dont give him cash cos he blows it scratch cards. I give him food and new shoes from cheap stores because he looses stuff all the time.
i know why kev cant live in houses? I once gav him my back garden shed in the town centre all kitted out, where i used to live back in the 90's...but the ali ba ba council where going to charge me extra poll tax for an additional dwelling in use in the property.
some grey rinser old **** came round in a cheap old M&S suit and a clip board and started giving me a hard time with this and that laws and regs.
if you know kev which you lot dont then you would know better than to jump on the ol goody 2 shoes brigade...as for erroll and chris they are mates of mine that i go back with 30 years.
i dont need that crap either, they know what i think!
If they are mates of yours then surely you'd get the formers name right? Errol ffs?
one L just about sums you up
ffs?
is that all you've got to say sad one
you've found your niche in life congrats
one L
oh wow you post over one L
i think i have seen it all now.
Your mates name is Aaron, not Erroll/Errol. LOL LOL LOL
[quote][p][bold]Harry-Brown[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the mighty wah[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Harry.Brown[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]romantic[/bold] wrote: tizwaz and Harry Brown - come on guys, give the man a break. This is somebody who is at least trying to highlight the problem. Let's be honest, most of the people in this town walk on by. Including myself, to a fair extent. Yes, he has a house and at the end of the week, he can go back to it. I have never been homeless. I have slept on the streets some nights in the past, and those occasional nights gave me just the smallest insight into how cold it can be out there. For every person lying in a doorway in the High Street, there will be another one who is just trying to find a place where they will not be a target for the drunks. Kevin, who Harry Brown mentions, is an example of such a person. He has places to sleep which are hidden, because actually he more threatened than a threat. He has a network of people who help out in their own small ways. Whatever your views on welfare cuts, it is a brutal reality that more people will find themselves on the streets in years to come. I don't know tizwaz and Harry Brown's circumstances now, but they have turned things around sufficiently to be accessing the Internet. Both of you are therefore proof that situations can improve. Maybe you should go and speak to this guy and give him more insight into what being on the streets is really like, rather than dismissing his actions as being somehow fake.[/p][/quote]when i came out of the forces i lost my lump sum in a business venture in three years and ended up on my arse. i cant tell you how i got back on my feet it involved some unsavoury and desperate actions. i had to get quite nasty as not a lot of people gave a f**k about me. kevin and i are mates we go way back. you lot dont know nothing about kev i know him and his mum and i know where he comes from so if you know better than me i would put up or sh*t up? i see kev about once a fortnight i dont give him cash cos he blows it scratch cards. I give him food and new shoes from cheap stores because he looses stuff all the time. i know why kev cant live in houses? I once gav him my back garden shed in the town centre all kitted out, where i used to live back in the 90's...but the ali ba ba council where going to charge me extra poll tax for an additional dwelling in use in the property. some grey rinser old **** came round in a cheap old M&S suit and a clip board and started giving me a hard time with this and that laws and regs. if you know kev which you lot dont then you would know better than to jump on the ol goody 2 shoes brigade...as for erroll and chris they are mates of mine that i go back with 30 years. i dont need that crap either, they know what i think![/p][/quote]If they are mates of yours then surely you'd get the formers name right? Errol ffs?[/p][/quote]one L just about sums you up ffs? is that all you've got to say sad one you've found your niche in life congrats one L oh wow you post over one L i think i have seen it all now.[/p][/quote]Your mates name is Aaron, not Erroll/Errol. LOL LOL LOL the mighty wah
  • Score: -1

8:53pm Sat 1 Feb 14

ONELOVEWEWILLSURVIVE says...

Actually, it's Erone, but let's not forget this is about homelessness, not two brothers you all knew 30 odd years ago!!!
Actually, it's Erone, but let's not forget this is about homelessness, not two brothers you all knew 30 odd years ago!!! ONELOVEWEWILLSURVIVE
  • Score: 2

9:33am Sun 2 Feb 14

Harry-Brown says...

the mighty wah wrote:
Harry-Brown wrote:
the mighty wah wrote:
Harry.Brown wrote:
romantic wrote:
tizwaz and Harry Brown - come on guys, give the man a break. This is somebody who is at least trying to highlight the problem. Let's be honest, most of the people in this town walk on by. Including myself, to a fair extent.

Yes, he has a house and at the end of the week, he can go back to it. I have never been homeless. I have slept on the streets some nights in the past, and those occasional nights gave me just the smallest insight into how cold it can be out there. For every person lying in a doorway in the High Street, there will be another one who is just trying to find a place where they will not be a target for the drunks. Kevin, who Harry Brown mentions, is an example of such a person. He has places to sleep which are hidden, because actually he more threatened than a threat. He has a network of people who help out in their own small ways.

Whatever your views on welfare cuts, it is a brutal reality that more people will find themselves on the streets in years to come. I don't know tizwaz and Harry Brown's circumstances now, but they have turned things around sufficiently to be accessing the Internet. Both of you are therefore proof that situations can improve. Maybe you should go and speak to this guy and give him more insight into what being on the streets is really like, rather than dismissing his actions as being somehow fake.
when i came out of the forces i lost my lump sum in a business venture in three years and ended up on my arse.
i cant tell you how i got back on my feet it involved some unsavoury and desperate actions.
i had to get quite nasty as not a lot of people gave a f**k about me.
kevin and i are mates we go way back.
you lot dont know nothing about kev i know him and his mum and i know where he comes from so if you know better than me i would put up or sh*t up?
i see kev about once a fortnight i dont give him cash cos he blows it scratch cards. I give him food and new shoes from cheap stores because he looses stuff all the time.
i know why kev cant live in houses? I once gav him my back garden shed in the town centre all kitted out, where i used to live back in the 90's...but the ali ba ba council where going to charge me extra poll tax for an additional dwelling in use in the property.
some grey rinser old **** came round in a cheap old M&S suit and a clip board and started giving me a hard time with this and that laws and regs.
if you know kev which you lot dont then you would know better than to jump on the ol goody 2 shoes brigade...as for erroll and chris they are mates of mine that i go back with 30 years.
i dont need that crap either, they know what i think!
If they are mates of yours then surely you'd get the formers name right? Errol ffs?
one L just about sums you up
ffs?
is that all you've got to say sad one
you've found your niche in life congrats
one L
oh wow you post over one L
i think i have seen it all now.
Your mates name is Aaron, not Erroll/Errol. LOL LOL LOL
excuse me Richard Cranium Dick
Who said is name was Aaron?
I may be a bit senile and mutton now but in knew these boys when they were teenagers doing Break dance & Body Popping Comps.
The Mighty Whah throw back 80's band they were crap? I presume you are going to tell me your Pete Wylie next?They came to Essex Uni in the 80's and they were not Mighty, i can assure you, that band had more name changes Ivana Trump:
As for the homeless ive been putting my money on the table on and off for 30 odd years not living in a throw back world of scouse punk?
Errol sounds a lot more than Aaron you dope, I am sure you have had enough mate?
Sorry to Chris about this but Whah is an 82 to 86 Whole In The Wall Brigade?
[quote][p][bold]the mighty wah[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Harry-Brown[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the mighty wah[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Harry.Brown[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]romantic[/bold] wrote: tizwaz and Harry Brown - come on guys, give the man a break. This is somebody who is at least trying to highlight the problem. Let's be honest, most of the people in this town walk on by. Including myself, to a fair extent. Yes, he has a house and at the end of the week, he can go back to it. I have never been homeless. I have slept on the streets some nights in the past, and those occasional nights gave me just the smallest insight into how cold it can be out there. For every person lying in a doorway in the High Street, there will be another one who is just trying to find a place where they will not be a target for the drunks. Kevin, who Harry Brown mentions, is an example of such a person. He has places to sleep which are hidden, because actually he more threatened than a threat. He has a network of people who help out in their own small ways. Whatever your views on welfare cuts, it is a brutal reality that more people will find themselves on the streets in years to come. I don't know tizwaz and Harry Brown's circumstances now, but they have turned things around sufficiently to be accessing the Internet. Both of you are therefore proof that situations can improve. Maybe you should go and speak to this guy and give him more insight into what being on the streets is really like, rather than dismissing his actions as being somehow fake.[/p][/quote]when i came out of the forces i lost my lump sum in a business venture in three years and ended up on my arse. i cant tell you how i got back on my feet it involved some unsavoury and desperate actions. i had to get quite nasty as not a lot of people gave a f**k about me. kevin and i are mates we go way back. you lot dont know nothing about kev i know him and his mum and i know where he comes from so if you know better than me i would put up or sh*t up? i see kev about once a fortnight i dont give him cash cos he blows it scratch cards. I give him food and new shoes from cheap stores because he looses stuff all the time. i know why kev cant live in houses? I once gav him my back garden shed in the town centre all kitted out, where i used to live back in the 90's...but the ali ba ba council where going to charge me extra poll tax for an additional dwelling in use in the property. some grey rinser old **** came round in a cheap old M&S suit and a clip board and started giving me a hard time with this and that laws and regs. if you know kev which you lot dont then you would know better than to jump on the ol goody 2 shoes brigade...as for erroll and chris they are mates of mine that i go back with 30 years. i dont need that crap either, they know what i think![/p][/quote]If they are mates of yours then surely you'd get the formers name right? Errol ffs?[/p][/quote]one L just about sums you up ffs? is that all you've got to say sad one you've found your niche in life congrats one L oh wow you post over one L i think i have seen it all now.[/p][/quote]Your mates name is Aaron, not Erroll/Errol. LOL LOL LOL[/p][/quote]excuse me Richard Cranium Dick Who said is name was Aaron? I may be a bit senile and mutton now but in knew these boys when they were teenagers doing Break dance & Body Popping Comps. The Mighty Whah throw back 80's band they were crap? I presume you are going to tell me your Pete Wylie next?They came to Essex Uni in the 80's and they were not Mighty, i can assure you, that band had more name changes Ivana Trump: As for the homeless ive been putting my money on the table on and off for 30 odd years not living in a throw back world of scouse punk? Errol sounds a lot more than Aaron you dope, I am sure you have had enough mate? Sorry to Chris about this but Whah is an 82 to 86 Whole In The Wall Brigade? Harry-Brown
  • Score: 0

9:58am Sun 2 Feb 14

the mighty wah says...

Harry-Brown wrote:
the mighty wah wrote:
Harry-Brown wrote:
the mighty wah wrote:
Harry.Brown wrote:
romantic wrote:
tizwaz and Harry Brown - come on guys, give the man a break. This is somebody who is at least trying to highlight the problem. Let's be honest, most of the people in this town walk on by. Including myself, to a fair extent.

Yes, he has a house and at the end of the week, he can go back to it. I have never been homeless. I have slept on the streets some nights in the past, and those occasional nights gave me just the smallest insight into how cold it can be out there. For every person lying in a doorway in the High Street, there will be another one who is just trying to find a place where they will not be a target for the drunks. Kevin, who Harry Brown mentions, is an example of such a person. He has places to sleep which are hidden, because actually he more threatened than a threat. He has a network of people who help out in their own small ways.

Whatever your views on welfare cuts, it is a brutal reality that more people will find themselves on the streets in years to come. I don't know tizwaz and Harry Brown's circumstances now, but they have turned things around sufficiently to be accessing the Internet. Both of you are therefore proof that situations can improve. Maybe you should go and speak to this guy and give him more insight into what being on the streets is really like, rather than dismissing his actions as being somehow fake.
when i came out of the forces i lost my lump sum in a business venture in three years and ended up on my arse.
i cant tell you how i got back on my feet it involved some unsavoury and desperate actions.
i had to get quite nasty as not a lot of people gave a f**k about me.
kevin and i are mates we go way back.
you lot dont know nothing about kev i know him and his mum and i know where he comes from so if you know better than me i would put up or sh*t up?
i see kev about once a fortnight i dont give him cash cos he blows it scratch cards. I give him food and new shoes from cheap stores because he looses stuff all the time.
i know why kev cant live in houses? I once gav him my back garden shed in the town centre all kitted out, where i used to live back in the 90's...but the ali ba ba council where going to charge me extra poll tax for an additional dwelling in use in the property.
some grey rinser old **** came round in a cheap old M&S suit and a clip board and started giving me a hard time with this and that laws and regs.
if you know kev which you lot dont then you would know better than to jump on the ol goody 2 shoes brigade...as for erroll and chris they are mates of mine that i go back with 30 years.
i dont need that crap either, they know what i think!
If they are mates of yours then surely you'd get the formers name right? Errol ffs?
one L just about sums you up
ffs?
is that all you've got to say sad one
you've found your niche in life congrats
one L
oh wow you post over one L
i think i have seen it all now.
Your mates name is Aaron, not Erroll/Errol. LOL LOL LOL
excuse me Richard Cranium Dick
Who said is name was Aaron?
I may be a bit senile and mutton now but in knew these boys when they were teenagers doing Break dance & Body Popping Comps.
The Mighty Whah throw back 80's band they were crap? I presume you are going to tell me your Pete Wylie next?They came to Essex Uni in the 80's and they were not Mighty, i can assure you, that band had more name changes Ivana Trump:
As for the homeless ive been putting my money on the table on and off for 30 odd years not living in a throw back world of scouse punk?
Errol sounds a lot more than Aaron you dope, I am sure you have had enough mate?
Sorry to Chris about this but Whah is an 82 to 86 Whole In The Wall Brigade?
You claim they are mates of yours , you go back 30 years, and yet you can't get one of their names right!!! LOL!
[quote][p][bold]Harry-Brown[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the mighty wah[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Harry-Brown[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the mighty wah[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Harry.Brown[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]romantic[/bold] wrote: tizwaz and Harry Brown - come on guys, give the man a break. This is somebody who is at least trying to highlight the problem. Let's be honest, most of the people in this town walk on by. Including myself, to a fair extent. Yes, he has a house and at the end of the week, he can go back to it. I have never been homeless. I have slept on the streets some nights in the past, and those occasional nights gave me just the smallest insight into how cold it can be out there. For every person lying in a doorway in the High Street, there will be another one who is just trying to find a place where they will not be a target for the drunks. Kevin, who Harry Brown mentions, is an example of such a person. He has places to sleep which are hidden, because actually he more threatened than a threat. He has a network of people who help out in their own small ways. Whatever your views on welfare cuts, it is a brutal reality that more people will find themselves on the streets in years to come. I don't know tizwaz and Harry Brown's circumstances now, but they have turned things around sufficiently to be accessing the Internet. Both of you are therefore proof that situations can improve. Maybe you should go and speak to this guy and give him more insight into what being on the streets is really like, rather than dismissing his actions as being somehow fake.[/p][/quote]when i came out of the forces i lost my lump sum in a business venture in three years and ended up on my arse. i cant tell you how i got back on my feet it involved some unsavoury and desperate actions. i had to get quite nasty as not a lot of people gave a f**k about me. kevin and i are mates we go way back. you lot dont know nothing about kev i know him and his mum and i know where he comes from so if you know better than me i would put up or sh*t up? i see kev about once a fortnight i dont give him cash cos he blows it scratch cards. I give him food and new shoes from cheap stores because he looses stuff all the time. i know why kev cant live in houses? I once gav him my back garden shed in the town centre all kitted out, where i used to live back in the 90's...but the ali ba ba council where going to charge me extra poll tax for an additional dwelling in use in the property. some grey rinser old **** came round in a cheap old M&S suit and a clip board and started giving me a hard time with this and that laws and regs. if you know kev which you lot dont then you would know better than to jump on the ol goody 2 shoes brigade...as for erroll and chris they are mates of mine that i go back with 30 years. i dont need that crap either, they know what i think![/p][/quote]If they are mates of yours then surely you'd get the formers name right? Errol ffs?[/p][/quote]one L just about sums you up ffs? is that all you've got to say sad one you've found your niche in life congrats one L oh wow you post over one L i think i have seen it all now.[/p][/quote]Your mates name is Aaron, not Erroll/Errol. LOL LOL LOL[/p][/quote]excuse me Richard Cranium Dick Who said is name was Aaron? I may be a bit senile and mutton now but in knew these boys when they were teenagers doing Break dance & Body Popping Comps. The Mighty Whah throw back 80's band they were crap? I presume you are going to tell me your Pete Wylie next?They came to Essex Uni in the 80's and they were not Mighty, i can assure you, that band had more name changes Ivana Trump: As for the homeless ive been putting my money on the table on and off for 30 odd years not living in a throw back world of scouse punk? Errol sounds a lot more than Aaron you dope, I am sure you have had enough mate? Sorry to Chris about this but Whah is an 82 to 86 Whole In The Wall Brigade?[/p][/quote]You claim they are mates of yours , you go back 30 years, and yet you can't get one of their names right!!! LOL! the mighty wah
  • Score: 0

8:45am Fri 21 Feb 14

checkifstolen says...

ive been homeless for almost 14 years and what do the council say to me they would only help if i was pregnant a drinker or a drug user but because im able bodied im not entitled to local help so the users of colchester now know how to play the system blag a doctor he gives u help so chris thank you for highlighting the need real homeless people need and maybe i will be off the streets with help from people like you (i do work and dont claim benefits) but my goal in life is to have a proper place i can call home
ive been homeless for almost 14 years and what do the council say to me they would only help if i was pregnant a drinker or a drug user but because im able bodied im not entitled to local help so the users of colchester now know how to play the system blag a doctor he gives u help so chris thank you for highlighting the need real homeless people need and maybe i will be off the streets with help from people like you (i do work and dont claim benefits) but my goal in life is to have a proper place i can call home checkifstolen
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree