Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting GAZETTE NEWS to 80360, or email
Royal oaks given to Colchester
4:35pm Tuesday 27th November 2012 in News
ROYAL oak trees have been given to the borough of Colchester.
Colchester Council has received the saplings from the Royal Estate after 12 open spaces were designated Queen Elizabeth II Fields.
The park’s department is now looking for schools to get involved and care for the saplings until they are big enough to plant.
The twelve designated spaces are in:
• Elmwood Avenue, Shrub End
• Gosbecks Archaeological Park
• Henrietta Close, Wivenhoe Cross
• Hilly Fields
• Irvine Road
• Magnolia Drive, Greenstead
• Mill Road Recreation Ground, Mile End
• Monkwick open space
• Salary Brook, Parsons Heath
• St John’s open space
• Tile House Farm, Great Horkesley
• Mile End Sports Ground
Comments are closed on this article.