New Business Advisor Post no. 1388
8:57am Friday 15th August 2014
Job Title: New Business Advisor
Responsible to: Newspaper Sales Manager - South Essex via the New Business Team Leader
Job Purpose :
- To increase the home delivered copies of the Echo via our Direct Delivery operation.
- To generate quality orders for the ‘in house’ direct delivery operation for the Echo.
- To make direct contact with homeowners in targeted areas, to sell a regular 5 nights a week home delivered copy of the Echo.
- To be responsible for tracking your orders/customers, developing customer loyalty.
- To be aware, at all times, of changes to the market place. i.e. New Housing Developments.
- To be a team player whilst still retaining the ability to operate individually.
- To achieve targets set against order generation and retention.
- To act as an ambassador for the Company in all your dealings with the public.
- To generate and achieve targets for new home delivered readers for the Echo.
- To ensure that orders generated are of acceptable quality and that the ‘offer’ is sold to the prospect in a professional manner.
- Time management is the key, as is your ability to work as part of a proactive team whose main purpose is to generate quality orders and provide first class on-going customer service for the Echo.
- Be available for call out at any time due to the promotion and distribution of the newspaper.
- To have a full understanding of all functions within the Newspaper Sales Department and to work closely with the Newspaper Sales Manager.
- To safeguard the condition or security of any of the company’s materials or assets with which you are entrusted.
- To carry out any other duties as directed by your immediate Manager.
- Attend all meetings as and when required.
- Attend all training courses as directed by your immediate Manager.
This job Description summarises the main aspects of the job, but it does not cover all the duties that the job holder may be required to perform. Therefore the Job Description is a minimum standard. It is not a statement of all that the job does or may entail. It is not intended to restrict the scope of the job but clearly to define its starting point.
Click here to download an Application Form
Click here to download the Diversity Monitoring Form
CV & career tools