Tiptree shop evacuated as precaution following smell of burning

Shop staff were evacuated as a precaution after a strong smell of smoke and burning in a store room.

But firefighters could not find any sign of fire when they reached the Original Factory Shop in Kelvedon Road, Tiptree, just before 11.30am today.

A fire service spokesman said the three crews inspected the premises to make sure it was safe.

The incident is believed to have been triggered by a lighting unit.


Comments are closed on this article.


About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree