HISTORY was made as FC CLACTON won 4-3 in a pulsating Thurlow Nunn League premier division clash at Saffron Walden Town.

Long-serving Kevin Coyle scored a first-half hat-trick - including two penalties - to become the club's all-time leading scorer, in their guise as FC Clacton.

His treble took his overall tally to 104 goals - edging him ahead of Aaron Condon, now of Brightlingsea Regent, on 103.

Clacton had to come from behind to secure their thrilling win, with defender Steve Downes grabbing their winner at Catons Lane.

The Seasiders now finish their season with three straight home matches.

COGGESHALL TOWN went into their game at Newmarket Town safe in the knowledge they had already secured promotion to the Bostik League.

However, they suffered a rare disappointment after going down 2-1.

Edilson Cruz scored the Seedgrowers' goal.

Second-placed Felixstowe and Walton trimmed the gap to just one point after a 6-0 thumping of Walsham-le-Willows.

And a night of high drama is now on the cards as Felixstowe and Coggeshall meet in a crunch match at the Goldstar Ground on Tuesday.

Coggeshall know a victory will see them crowned champions.

STANWAY ROVERS also celebrated a victory, winning 1-0 at Histon.

Moris Gelashvili scored the only goal for Kem Izzet's side.

WIVENHOE TOWN came a cropper at Godmanchester Rovers, losing 6-1.

Ben Gallifant notched their consolation from the penalty spot.

League Cup finalists BRANTHAM ATHLETIC finished their home campaign on a winning note, with a 3-1 victory against Gorleston.

All their goals came in the first half, with Sam Newson breaking the deadlock with a bullet header from Michael Brothers' cross.

Jack Smith added a quickfire double, first reacting quickly to slot home a loose ball.

He then added his second from 18 yards.

Gorleston pulled one back in the second half but by then the points were safe.

In division one, LITTLE OAKLEY made the trip to Framlingham Town.

Lewis Wood scored twice to give them a clear lead at the interval - but the hosts fought back for a share of the spoils.

Their equalising goal came from the last kick of the game.

HALSTEAD TOWN won 2-1 at high-flying Whitton United.

Chris Harris headed the Humbugs ahead and although the Suffolk side equalised from long range, Charlie Pleace's free-kick secured the points for Mark McLean's men.

Aaron Dyson scored twice as BRAINTREE TOWN RESERVES won 4-3 at Needham Market Reserves.

Lewis Stantiall was also on target, in addition to a tremendous free-kick from Regan Farley-Hearn.

HOLLAND FC drew 0-0 at home to Norwich CBS.