BRANTHAM ATHLETIC slowed the Felixstowe and Walton juggernaut by taking a point from the runaway Thurlow Nunn League leaders.

The Suffolk Seasiders went into Saturday’s premier division contest having won 21 of their 22 fixtures, with the most recent being an 8-0 demolition of Wivenhoe Town.

However, promotion-chasing Brantham showed their class by coming from behind and securing a hard-earned point at the Leisure Centre.

They had to do it the hard way after Josh Kerridge’s powerful strike into the top corner put Felixstowe ahead.

But Brantham, who remain fourth in the table, salvaged a share of the spoils through Ed Nobbs.

After his initial shot was saved, the ball ricocheted back off the full-back into the net.

Felixstowe nearly pinched a winner in the latter stages but Kerridge’s dipping long-range effort was tipped over by keeper Callum Robinson.

Joint-manager Michael Brothers then went agonisingly close to sealing a home victory – only to be denied by the bar.

The Imps will now hope for another strong performance when they make the short trip to FC Clacton on Tuesday night.

They will be without former Clacton striker Terry Rymer, who recently moved between the clubs, as he pulled up with a reoccurrence of a hamstring injury half an hour in.

Elsewhere at the top of the table, third-placed COGGESHALL TOWN flexed their muscles with a 6-0 thumping of Thetford Town.

Aaron Cosgrave plundered a hat-trick and he was joined on the scoresheet by Nnamdi Nwachuku, Ross Wall and Jack Curtis.

WIVENHOE TOWN have been having a tough time but the Dragons put up a great fight in their match at home to Godmanchester Rovers, before losing 4-2.

Eugene Yeboah robbed a defender of possession and found Robo Ominiaboahs, who stroked the ball into the net for a 1-0 lead.

Rovers then levelled from a follow-up, after their initial shot had been saved, and the visitors edged in front with a header that went in off the far post.

Wivenhoe fought back and Yeboah’s header reached Harry Willoughby, whose lobbed effort made it 2-2.

But Godmanchester grabbed their third after a slick passing move was finished off from close range and then added their fourth from distance.

STANWAY ROVERS returned to winning ways after securing an excellent 1-0 victory at Kirkley and Pakefield.

Jordan Barnett scored the only goal in the first half.

FC CLACTON suffered a rare defeat in their fixture at Fakenham Town.

The Seasiders had lost just once in a dozen league games heading into the match but came unstuck after conceding twice early in the second half.

Kyle Plumb scored twice as the Ghosts won 2-0.