WIVENHOE TOWN suffered play-off anguish after losing 3-2 at Buckhurst Hill in their Thurlow Nunn League first division south play-off semi-final.

The Dragons twice levelled through Lewis Soraf and Joe Maybanks but a cruel deflection in the closing minutes put the home side in front and through.


Buckhurst Hill will now meet HALSTEAD TOWN in the play-off final for a place in the premier division after the Humbugs won 2-1 at Benfleet.

Goals from Calvin Poku and Jordan Palmer helped Halstead go through to the final.


BRAINTREE TOWN are on the verge of clinching their Vanarama National League South status after claiming a 1-1 draw at play-off chasing Oxford City.

Braintree took the lead eight minutes after half-time through Gio Crichlow, who headed in after keeper Dudzinski had fumbled Matt Johnson's long throw.

But four minutes into the seven minutes of added on time, referee Reubyn Ricardo awarded Oxford City a hotly-contested penalty, for a handball by Jay Porter.

Iaciofano netted the equaliser from the spot and Braintree's Luke Pennell received a second yellow card for over-protesting and was sent off.

BRIGHTLINGSEA REGENT completed their Pitching In Isthmian League Premier season with a 1-0 defeat at newly-crowned champions Worthing.


In division north, WITHAM TOWN will host Saffron Walden Town in a Step 4/5 Inter-Step play-off next Saturday after a dramatic 3-2 win at Romford.

Town trailed 2-1 with ten minutes to go despite Adam Cheniti's goal but then Josh Osude levelled to make it 2-2, two minutes later.

Witham were on the verge of being relegated but a dramatic 95th-minute winner from Osude gave them a crucial win and a lifeline to stay in the division.


MALDON AND TIPTREE finished with a 3-2 defeat at Grays Athletic.

Malachi Napa and Shomari Barnwell were on target for the Jammers in the reverse.


HEYBRIDGE SWIFTS finished with a 5-2 triumph over Bury Town.

Goals from Rhys Henry, Jack Adlington-Pile, Lance Akins, Manny N'Daw and club captain Joe Claridge on his final game for the Swifts sealed victory for Steve Tilson's side.

In the Essex Senior League, Charlie Collis was on target as FC CLACTON played out a 1-1 draw with Southend Manor in their final game of the season, at The Austin Arena.


STANWAY ROVERS lost 2-1 at Walthamstow while LITTLE OAKLEY finished with a 1-1 draw, thanks to Harry Mann's strike against Ilford.