BRAINTREE TOWN surrendered their unbeaten record in National League South after losing 3-1 at home to Bath City.

The Iron fell behind after 34 minutes when Cody Cooke netted from the spot, after a cross-field ball from the right wing hit Ezra Ikuuasi's arm in the area.

But Braintree equalised on 49 minutes when skipper Matt Johnson forced the ball home, from a Correy Davidson corner.

However, Cooke restored Bath's lead almost immediately from a controversial penalty awarded when a shot struck Kyran Clements, who had his hands down by his side.

And the visitors wrapped up their win with a minute remaining when Alex Fletcher netted, after a swift break.

Braintree boss Ryan Maxwell said. "I felt we should have at least got a draw out from the game.

"Even when 2-1 down we had two shots cleared off their goal line but that's how football goes and you have to accept it."

FC CLACTON bowed out of the FA Vase at the first qualifying round stage after a 5-2 defeat at Hoddesdon Town.

And LITTLE OAKLEY also went out of the competition, losing 3-0 at Long Melford.

HARWICH AND PARKESTON, playing their first game without Mike Wallace in charge following his decision to step down, lost 2-1 to Ipswich Wanderers at the Royal Oak.

HALSTEAD TOWN lost 2-1 to Potton United but HOLLAND FC secured a fine 2-1 victory at Brantham Athletic, to progress to the next round.

STANWAY ROVERS got back to winning ways in the Essex Senior League with a 3-0 win over Cockfosters.

Adie Cant put Stanway ahead just before half-time, before Sean Bartlett's brace completed the scoring.

WIVENHOE TOWN are second in Thurlow Nunn League first division south following a goal-less draw with leaders Burnham Ramblers.

It was a tightly contested game at Broad Lane, in which neither side could quite find the breakthrough.

In Pitching In Isthmian League division north, MALDON AND TIPTREE beat Grays Athletic 2-1 on Friday night.

Charlee Hughes scored twice for the Jammers, with Anointed Chukwu scoring the visitors' consolation at Park Drive.

HEYBRIDGE SWIFTS lost 2-1 at Bury Town, with the returning Andy Fennell scoring the Swifts' goal while WITHAM TOWN went down to 2-0 defeat at home to Romford.