Maldon & Tiptree produced a second-half fightback to beat Bowers & Pitsea and move up to third in the Isthmian North table.

Manager Liam Bailey named an unchanged side for the clash at the Len Salmon Stadium, after the impressive dismantling of Wroxham at Park Drive.

But after an impeccably observed two minute silence for Armistice Day, the Jammers fell behind after just five minutes as Ben Williamson nodded home at the near post to put Bowers ahead.

The hosts nearly doubled their lead in the 10th minute, but Matt Price was denied by a great save from Luca Collins at his near post.

Maldon eventually stirred into life and Louie Remi showed great athleticism to keep a long pass in play, with his cross was cleared a corner that was hooked over by Jayden Randell.

More good goalkeeping by Collins denied Kai Redgrave and Price, while Louie Britton had chances to add to his goal tally, but he volleyed wide from a Remi cross and hit the outside of the post with a free-kick from the edge of the area with the final chance of the first half.

The second half was just five minutes old when Bowers hit the woodwork twice in a matter of moments, with Lissandro Cassandra smacking the underside of the bar and the rebound coming back off the post.

And the Jammers got back on terms with just over 20 minutes left to play as George Smith poked home a lovely cross from substitute Harry Phillips.

Barely a minute later and they were ahead with a goal made by the excellence of young midfielder Milton Oni.

His burst down the right created space which he took full advantage of as he cut infield and played the ball to Phillips. His pass was cut out, but fell for Terrell Egbri to smash the ball into the roof of the net for his first goal of the season to send the travelling fans wild.

Bowers were rocking and only some sensational goalkeeping from Hughes kept Maldon from running away with things as he denied Britton twice in a minute, saving with his trailing leg when the Maldon frontman was put through by Harrison Chatting and then again with his foot when put in by Egbri.

The hosts found the net with 10 minutes left, but their celebrations were cut short by an offside flag.

And Maldon took full advantage in the 86th minute as Phillips sealed the points, putting the finishing touch on a move that was borne out of the tenacity of Smith to win the back on the halfway line.

Smith carried the ball forward, beating three Bowers players before laying it off to Phillips to fire past Hughes to make it 3-1.

A late penalty from Williamson, after Lew Jaggs was penalised for a challenge in the box, set up a grandstand finish, but Maldon saw the game out to claim a fourth win in a row and sixth in seven games.

Maldon host Bury Town on Saturday, then visit Brightlingsea Regent for an Essex Senior Cup tie on Tuesday (November 21).