IPSWICH Town failed to make ground in the League One play-off race after Joe Nuttall's late goal gave Blackpool a 2-1 win.

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall fired the Tangerines into a 26th-minute lead, registering his second goal in as many matches, only for former Colchester United striker Freddie Sears to make it 1-1.

However, Nuttall headed in the winner in the third minute of added time, leaving heartbroken Town - still ninth in the table - five points off sixth-placed Oxford United.

The Blues are now preparing for two crunch home matches in quick succession, with Fleetwood Town and then Coventry City at Portman Road on Tuesday and Saturday respectively.

Elsewhere, Rotherham United missed the chance to move three points clear at the top of League One after drawing 1-1 at home to MK Dons.

Freddie Ladapo's 14th league goal of the season in the tenth minute put the Millers on course.

But they were denied following Rhys Healey's 22nd-minute equaliser for the Dons, who are without a win in 15 away matches in all competitions.

Fourth-placed Wycombe Wanderers failed to take advantage after losing 3-1 at Doncaster Rovers.

Niall Ennis struck on the stroke of half-time and, although Adebayo Akinfenwa levelled, their lead did not last long.

Kieran Sadlier found the net after 71 minutes and Jason McCarthy's late own goal left Rovers six points off the play-offs.

Oxford leapfrogged Peterborough United into sixth place with a late 2-1 triumph over relegation-doomed Southend United.

James Henry scored from the penalty spot in the 17th minute after Shrimpers goalkeeper Patrik Gunnarsson brought down Matt Taylor.

The visitors responded on the stroke of half-time when Lewis Gard struck - only for Taylor to pop up seven minutes from time to secure United a fourth consecutive league win.

Peterborough remained seventh after only drawing 1-1 at Burton Albion.

Mo Eisa ended a ten-game goal drought, netting his 16th of the season in the 52nd minute, but John Brayford levelled to extend Albion's unbeaten home run to eight matches.

Gillingham's 15-match unbeaten league run ended in dramatic fashion after Callum Reilly's last-gasp goal sealed AFC Wimbledon a 2-1 victory.

Regan Charles-Cook looked to have saved the Gills in the 87th minute, cancelling out Joe Pigott's effort early in the second half, but Reilly struck at the death to halt the hosts' play-off charge.

Daniel Udoh scored the winner in the 69th minute as Shrewsbury Town beat Bristol Rovers 1-0, while bottom-placed Bolton Wanderers ended a five-match losing streak by holding Accrington Stanley to a goalless draw.