ALAN Judge and Kayden Jackson notched two goals apiece as Ipswich Town swept to an impressive 4-1 victory against Burton Albion.

The Blues were in desperate need of a pick-me-up, after failing to win in their previous four League One outings.

Their poor form, which included three defeats, had seen them tumble from the top of the table and out of the play-off zone.

However, they breathed fresh life into their promotion push with a comprehensive victory against the Brewers.

They could have scored twice as many goals, possibly even double figures, and this timely tonic was just what the doctor ordered.

After nearly taking an early lead, Town were rocked on their heels after conceding in the sixth minute.

Their own chance, just before, came after Jackson broke clear down the left and squared for Will Keane.

The striker had the goal at his mercy but took a touch and was tackled in the nick of time.

Play switched to the other end and Keane was made to regret his missed opportunity even more when Ryan Edwards picked out Jamie Murphy.

The wide man cut in from left before coolly stroking – almost passing – the ball into the net past Tomas Holy.

Joe Powell tested the Town keeper again soon after, forcing him to tip over a speculative effort from 25 yards.

But Ipswich took over after that and fashioned three decent chances in quick succession – the third of which resulted in their deserved equaliser.

First, Judge collected Flynn Downes’ pass and confidently fired across goal – only to see his effort cannon back off the bar.

Jackson then nudged the ball past keeper Kieran O’Hara, after being slipped in by Keane, but miscued from an angle and fired high and wide.

A leveller looked on the cards and it duly arrived just before the half-hour mark.

Jackson delivered a low cross from the right; Judge met it at the near post and the Irishman’s close-range effort spun into the air before dropping into the net.

With their tails up, Town grabbed their second just before the break.

Jackson raced onto Holy’s clearance, controlled it and neatly lobbed the ball over the onrushing O’Hara.

Ipswich put the game to bed early in the second half.

Judge was the architect, making headway down the right before delivering a perfect cross that Jackson nodded beyond substitute keeper Ben Garratt.

It was a classy, cushioned finish, given the way he stooped before sending his effort spinning into the net.

Town’s fourth followed soon after the hour-mark when Keane pushed the ball forward to Jackson.

The striker hesitated before losing possession but Judge’s stabbed effort was only partially saved by Garratt and trickled over the line.

Ipswich had the bit between their teeth and substitute Teddy Bishop’s curling effort was tipped behind by the diving keeper.

Jackson was then denied what would have been his hat-trick goal after racing into a one-on-one position – only to be thwarted by Garratt.

The keeper was at it again soon after, saving at the near-post to deny former Colchester United striker Freddie Sears.

It was an excellent, much-needed result and Town can take enormous heart both from the result and their performance, which left them seventh in the table and a point outside the play-off places.