AARON Condon netted twice as Brightlingsea Regent claimed a vital 3-2 win over fellow strugglers Burgess Hill Town at the Taydal Stadium this afternoon.

Condon's second-half brace, along with Josh Gould's first-half equaliser, helped the hosts come from behind to secure a crucial victory for his side and help them notch up their first home Bostik Premier League win of the season.

It was an important game for both struggling teams.

Just a point separated them near the foot of the Bostik Premier League going into the game, with Regent second from bottom and Burgess Hill just a place above them.

Regent made the brightest start of two teams who were low in confidence.

Matt Cripps’ near-post header from Ricky Griggs’ corner flashed inches wide of the far post after 18 minutes and Harvey Hodd’s 25-yard effort flew over for the hosts.

The hosts then had a penalty appeal turned down soon after when Pat Harding appeared to handle Condon’s attempted ball into the area.

But just as Regent looked like they might make a breakthrough, Burgess Hill went ahead against the run of play in the 33rd minute through striker Ben Pope, who finished clinically from close range after the hosts failed to clear their lines in the area.

But Regent responded positively and equalised three minutes later through defender Josh Gould, who fired in from a corner.

The goal was no more than Brightlingsea deserved and ensured they went in at the break level terms.

Burgess Hill almost regained their lead with the second half six minutes old when Aaron Smith-Joseph found space in the area but could only drive a low shot wide of the far post.

However, Brightlingsea went ahead for the first time in the game five minutes later through Condon, who finished smartly from close range after Hunt had driven towards goal and set him up.

And with eight minutes remaining, Condon sent an accurate side-foot finish past goalkeeper Josh James to extend their advantage, after Hunt had once again done well to pick him out with his direct running.

Burgess Hill pulled a goal back in stoppage-time thanks to Pope's second of the game to ensure a nervy last few minutes but Regent held out.