Pictures: Seana Hughes

LITTLE OAKLEY and Enfield 1893 will meet again in a midweek replay after drawing 2-2 in this afternoon’s thrilling FA Vase tie at the Memorial Ground.

The sides faced each other in a first-round proper tie - the hosts' biggest-ever match - and Stephen Polley was the Acorns’ hero, scoring twice as his side came from behind at half-time to lead 2-1.

Enfield then grabbed a late equaliser to ensure a period of extra-time.

And with no further goals in the additional 30 minutes, it means a replay is needed at Harlow Town – where Enfield play their home games – on Tuesday evening.

Despite strong suggestions of a handball, the visitors took the lead midway through a scrappy first half thanks to Reece Barrett.

Polley equalised five minutes after the break following a mix-up between the goalkeeper and one of his defenders before cutting in from the left and firing an unstoppable effort into the far corner to put Oakley 2-1 ahead.

The Acorns looked like they could be going through until a late leveller for Enfield, when a ball in from the right was inadvertently put through his own net by Harry Windred.

There was high drama in extra time as Enfield hit the bar and then saw their follow-up attempt shovelled off the line by Jamie Dobkin.

The visitors then had huge appeals for a penalty – only for the referee to book their striker for diving.

Play switched straight to the other end and Oakley so nearly grabbed a late winner through Matt Williams.

Tuesday’s replay means a new date will have to be found for the Acorns’ scheduled First Division Knockout Cup tie at home to Holland FC.

Elsewhere, FC CLACTON also drew 2-2 in their Vase tie at Spartan South Midlands League division one side Buckingham Athletic.

It means they too face a midweek replay, at the Rush Green Bowl.

Adam Hampson gave the Seasiders the lead on 35 minutes - only for the hosts to equalise.

Buckingham were reduced to ten men a few minutes later before Jordan Brazitis scored to make it 2-1.

Buckingham’s goalkeeper was then sent off but the nine men equalised late on to make it 2-2.

Clacton’s Jordan Lartey saw red in extra time.

The replay will take place on Tuesday night and the winners of the first-round proper ties each receive £825.