FC CLACTON came from behind before being pegged back and drawing 2-2 in an exciting Thurlow Nunn League contest at Walsham-le-Willows.

The Seasiders fell behind after conceding a penalty in the premier division contest but turned the match on its head thanks to goals from Matt Eve and Adam Hampson.

Walsham then levelled in the latter stages to ensure a topsy-turvy contest finished all-square.

Elsewhere, the first division programme kicked-off on Friday night as WIVENHOE TOWN secured an excellent 3-0 victory at home to BRAINTREE TOWN RESERVES.

Markel Greenidge scored their first two before a third from Daniel Edwards.

All the goals came in the second half and it was the Dragons’ first league victory of the season. Braintree missed a second-half penalty.

Onto Saturday and there were more victories for HALSTEAD TOWN, LITTLE OAKLEY, HOLLAND FC and HARWICH AND PARKESTON.

Halstead climbed to the top of the table after a 1-0 victory at Frenford.

Joe Jones scored the only goal and the Humbugs also missed a penalty through Jordan Pavett.

The three points took Halstead to the summit, replacing previous leaders White Ensign, who lost 1-0 at home to in-form Oakley.

Matthew Geen scored the winning goal and the Acorns are now second in the table – two points and two places above Tendring neighbours Holland, who won 2-0 at home to Lopes Tavares.

Steve Eaton was their two-goal hero, scoring twice early on.

Harwich, in fifth, also continued their impressive form with a 2-1 victory at home to Benfleet.

Jordan Heath and Sean Gunn were on target and both sides were reduced to ten men, with Jake Kioussis seeing red for the Shrimpers.

BRIGHTLINGSEA REGENT RESERVES are still awaiting their opening victory after a 4-0 defeat at Fire United while COGGESHALL UNITED drew 2-2 at Hackney Wick.

Coggeshall return to action on Tuesday night with a trip to Halstead.

Meanwhile, Holland’s Essex Senior Cup at White Ensign has now been moved from Tuesday to Thursday.

STANWAY ROVERS did not have an Essex Senior League fixture on Saturday.

They had been due to visit Walthamstow but their opponents were in FA Cup action against Beaconsfield Town.