COLCHESTER Amateur Boxing Club experienced mixed results as their boxers travelled far and wise to represent the club.

Sam Ives and Kenny Burrows were both in action on the Eastgates ABC dinner show, in Bury St Edmunds.

Burrows took on Thetford Town BC's Declan Whyte and made a crisp start but failed to maintain the pace and determination in his work.

Despite having backed Whyte up with sustained combinations early in rounds one and two, Burrows' pace slowed dramatically in round three.

To prevent injury to the tired boxer, the referee decided to stop the contest in favour of the Thetford boxer.

Sam Ives competed against Oliver Smith of Patricks ABC, in Ipswich.

Ives threw and landed heavy combinations early but Smith proved to be quite durable, taking these shots and returning his own.

Ives continued to box using his jab and combinations and a sustained two-hand attack near the end of the opening round saw the referee issue a standing count to Smith.

When the action commenced, Ives was straight back to work throwing to head and body forcing the referee to stop the contest just before the bell to end the first round.

The Colchester ABC boxer was awarded the win by first-round Technical Knockout, his second in as many weeks.

Colchester ABC duo Louie Hudson and Morgan Bloomfield made the long journey to Newbury racecourse to compete on the Thames Valley ABC dinner show.

Hudson dug in deep against determined Synwell ABC's Jordan Iles but to no avail.

Hudson boxed at range against the awkward southpaw but had most success with his back-hand front hook combination. After allowing Iles to take the first round, Hudson battled hard in rounds two and three.

But despite some classy boxing and moments of real success, Iles' determined up-close work was enough to clinch a unanimous win.

Bloomfield also posted a poor first round against Aaron Duncan of Thames Valley ABC, in the second last bout of the evening at the racecourse.

Knowing he had to make up for this, the Colchester ABC boxer stepped up the pressure in round two.

He pushed Duncan back to the ropes with solid blows and working inside with combinations to head and body.

Boxing on the back-foot, Duncan landed the occasional swing or glancing blow but the more sustained work in rounds two and three came from Bloomfield.

After both boxers giving it their all until the final bell it seems clear that Bloomfield had done enough to secure the win.

But it seems with the home support behind him, the judges had preferred the back-foot boxing of Duncan and a unanimous win was awarded against the Colchester boxer.

Hudson will hope to make amends when he return to the ring on Friday (May 18), in Felixstowe.

Bloomfield is back in action on the Sudbury ABC show, on May 25, while Ives' next scheduled bout is in Southampton, on June 8.