A FAMILY were left devestated this morning after their dishwasher burst in to flames.

Fire crews from Halstead and Sible Hedingham were called to the house in Sparrow Close, Sible Hedingham at around 6.30am.

The call was made after family's son heard the smoke alarm before realising there was fire in the kitchen.

Crews arrived on the scene and were faced with a heavily smoke logged house.

They put out the fire quickly and cleared the house of smoke.

The fire was completely put out by 7am and caused damage to the family's kitchen as well as filling the house with smoke.

The family were then quickly and efficiently placed in to temporary accommodation by Braintree Council.