FRIENDS of a man stabbed outside a house party have appealed for his attackers to be found after they were arrested and released without charge.

Police stormed a house in Hall Cut, Brightlingsea, arresting the group after a man was attacked in an alleyway outside Nathan Jalaudin’s 19th birthday party.

The victim, a 24-year-old, had been at the party until the early hours of Monday, June 4, when he went outside alone.

The group were shocked when he staggered back into the house minutes later with a puncture wound.

Seven people from the party, aged between 16 and 21, were arrested the next morning after police forced entry into the property.

Yesterday, all seven suspects were released without charge.

The victim suffered head and neck injuries as well as a stab wound. He was taken to Colchester hospital and has since been allowed home.

Melissa Jalaudin, 20, and brother Nathan, whose mother rents the house, insist the victim is a friend and the real culprits are still at large.

Miss Jalaudin, a Colchester Institute drama student, said: “He was outside on his own and next thing we knew, he came back into the house covered in blood.

“We still have a blood mark on the wall where he leant against it, that I can’t get off.

“They still haven’t caught whoever did this and won’t have been looking for them after they arrested us.

“He told us the guys went past him to the kebab shop and then came back when the attack happened.”

The brother and sister said since their arrests they have been verbally abused and received threatening phone calls.

Miss Jalaudin said: “We are not bad people. We haven’t done anything wrong.

“We have had people call us names in the street and phone calls to our home.

“The police haven’t apologised. We just got letters saying we had been released.

“Brightlingsea is a small town. Rumours get around fast.”

Mr Jalaudin, a music technology student at Colchester Institute, said they were considering lodging a formal complaint.

He said: “When the police came at 2am we told them we were his mates and hadn’t done it. Then I woke up to police everywhere. They smashed in our gate and front window.

“I’m relieved it’s over, but people still stare at me like I’m a criminal.”

The family’s gate was destroyed by the forced entry and the siblings said they will be seeking compensation.

The seven arrested have been told mobile phones and clothes confiscated during the arrest will not be returned until August 8.

An Essex Police spokesman, said: “Detectives have to take all reasonable action to investigate allegations of crimes.

“We cannot comment on specific incidents, but there is a process for complaints if they wish to make one.”