CASES to appear before magistrates in north Essex include allegations two men attempted to import guns into the UK.

Here is a round-up of some of the cases to come before the courts last week.

  • A MAN who made a threat over the phone with the police has been fined and ordered to carry out treatment for alcohol dependency.

Daniel Castle, 38, made the phone call to Essex Police on September 16, conveying a threat.

Appearing at Colchester Magistrates' Court on September 17, he admitted one count of sending a communication conveying a threatening message.

Castle, of Priory Street, Colchester, was ordered to complete a six-month alcohol treatment requirement and a 20-day rehabilitation activity requirement.

He was ordered to pay £380 in fines and court costs.

  • TWO men have appeared in court charged with illegally bringing guns into the UK.

Pawel Krakowczyk, 41, and Marek Kloskowicz, 30, both of unknown addresses, appeared at Colchester Magistrates’ Court on September 20.

The pair are both charged with two counts of being knowingly concerned in the fraudulent evasion of a prohibition on the importation of prohibited weapons.

They also face a charge of possessing ammunition for a firearm without a certificate and possession of a firearm, namely two semi-automatic pistols.

Krakowczyk is also charged with possessing or controlling a false identity document, namely two Polish identity documents.

The offences are alleged to have been committed in Harwich.

Both defendants were remanded in custody until a hearing at Chelmsford Crown Court on October 18.

  • A DRUG driver has been banned from the roads for a year and hit with a fine.

Chloe Wilkins, 27, drove a BMW 3 series in St Osyth on February 4 with benzoylecgonine, a cocaine metabolite, in her system.

She admitted drug driving at Colchester Magistrates’ Court on September 20.

Wilkins, of Chapman Place, Colchester, was found to have 106mcg of the metabolite per litre of blood. The legal limit is 50mcg per litre.

She was fined £200 and banned from driving for 12 months.

  • A MAN has been jailed after he admitted to carrying a knuckleduster in public.

Daniel Archer, 35, had denied carrying the weapon in Hawthorne Avenue, Colchester, but changed his plea to guilty at Colchester Magistrates' Court on September 20.

He admitted possession of an offensive weapon in a public place.

Archer, of Harwich Road, Colchester, was jailed for two weeks.

He must pay a victim surcharge of £128.