FAMILIES who booked tickets for a Michael Jackson tribute concert at Colchester United’s stadium say they have been met with a wall of silence over refunds... five months on.

Navi, one of the world’s top tributes to the king of pop, had been due to take to the stage at the Jobserve Community Stadium in April, before the coronavirus pandemic put a halt to live performances.

Richard Clarke, 41, an engineer technician for Virgin Media, had booked tickets to see the concert with his wife and son.

Five months after the concert was scheduled to go ahead, Mr Clarke is still waiting for a refund.

“It is understandable that the concert had to be postponed due to the pandemic,” he said.

“But to have not one person correspond with us just isn’t good enough.

“If you go on their events page there are so many comments of people having similar experiences.

“In one case I can even see that they have seen my message on social media, but still haven’t bothered replying back.

“I would at least like an explanation of the situation.

“We paid £60 for our tickets, though a friend of ours has paid a lot more than that."

“Where do you turn when you don’t hear anything back?

He added: “We are quite lucky at the moment as we’re still working, but there are people out there who have lost their jobs and need this kind of money back.”

Vikki Miles and her husband bought £25 worth of tickets for an England football match which was scheduled to go ahead in .

The pair also purchased tickets for the Michael Jackson tribute concert worth £30.

Vikki she had been “disgusted” by their fight to receive a refund and acknowledgement from the club.

She said: “My husband has emailed many times and called the office number throughout the past five months, with no answer or reply.

“It has put me off ever booking with them again.

“It is disgraceful service when all other companies manage to get in contact with their customers.”

In July the Gazette reported families were still waiting for refunds months after a Little Mix concert at the stadium was cancelled.

The Gazette approached Colchester United for comment, but did not receive a response at the time of going to press.