THESE vintage images show the changing face of Colchester town centre.

From pubs which have come and gone to High Street shops which have either disappeared or had a major facelift in the past three decades these photographs will jog a few memories.

The Drury Arms, which opened in 1914 as a hotel and was then renamed in the mid 1960s has since been transformed into a local supermarket.

it is seen here along with the Dragoon in Butt Road which is now the Ale House, having been closed for 18 months and then re-opened in 2011 after a major refurbishment, and the Dickens.

This was once a popular music venue but is among many pubs lost to the town.