A PERVERT previously jailed for having sex with an 13-year-old girl who later went on to collect indecent images could be sent back to prison after breaching terms set up to manage sex offenders.

Andrew Humm admitted having sex with the teenager in 2005 and was jailed for two-and-a-half years.

Following his release, he was convicted of possessing indecent images of children in 2014.

As part of his sentence, Humm was handed a sexual harm prevention order which limits his contact with youngsters and his internet use.

During a regular monitoring visit from police officers in July, Humm told a detective that Nanny Net – monitoring software used by the force to check internet use and prevent offenders deleting history – was no longer installed on his iPhone.

And while checking his phone, they found applications for a Capital One credit card which he had not declared.

Sex offenders are required to tell police about new cards within three days.

The 50-year-old admitted admitted breaching his sexual harm prevention order and failing to comply with his requirements of the sex offenders register at Colchester Magistrates' Court.

Lucy Miller, prosecuting said: "During the visit he made a comment that Nanny Net was not on his iPhone anymore because it had been lost during an update.

"The detective checked his iPhone and was unable to find Nanny Net but was able to use Safari - the regular internet browser.

"He also noted there was no internet history for the previous two days."

Humm, of Cook Crescent, Colchester, told the officer he had simply not used the device to search the web and said the draconian restrictions were there purely to try and trip him up.

Closer inspection of the phone showed two bank cards being registered which the police were unaware of.

Humm said he was unaware of regulations saying he must tell officers within days about any changes and thought it was only on an annual basis.

Magistrates declined jurisdiction of the case saying Humm posed a risk of serious sexual harm.

He will now be sentenced at Chelmsford Crown Court on April 10.