THIS historic north Essex landmark has stood for more than 150 years.

Ramsey Windmill was originally built in Woodbridge, Suffolk, before being moved to Ramsey in 1842 by millwright Henry Collins.

It was working until the Second World War but left to deteriorate before being restored by then owner Michael Organ in 1974.

Our archived images show it in the 1970s and again in the 1980s when it had again fallen into disrepair.

The post mill has a three-storey roundhouse and four double Patent sails which have long been part of the village's rural landscape.

There are two pairs of millstones in the breast and a third pair in the tail.

In 2013 builder Lee Buchan and his family took over the Windmill and set about restoring it to a working mill once more.