THIS week we look back at photographs from the history of another historic Colchester company.

Colchester Lathe Company was first established in 1887 by John Ephrain Cohen, later winning a Gold Medal at the 1908 Franco-British Exhibition.

By 1968 it was building 150 lathes a week at its Colchester factory in Elmstead Road, winning the Queen’s Award to Industry, for its export achievement, in the same year.

It continues to trade as part of the 600 Group, having become Colchester-Harrison before it was sold once again.

But not from Colchester after the factory was closed in the early 1990s with the loss of a number of jobs.