A WOMAN who warned doctors she was going to kill herself was found dead in the toilets of a mental health unit hours later, an inquest heard.

Dorota Kijowska, 36, was distraught after being told she was not going to be allowed to stay at The Lakes, off Turner Road, Colchester, where she had been receiving treatment for depression.

Despite informing doctors of her intentions, and her husband and sister phoning the unit with concerns, Mrs Kijowska, from Fordham, was found dead in a toilet cubicle.

An inquest yesterday heard Mrs Kijowska had made suicide attempts on March 7 and March 9, last year.

She became a voluntary patient at The Lakes, run by North Essex Partnership Foundation Trust, on March 10.

She remained at the unit until March 20 when she was allowed on weekend leave to see her family.

The court heard, on March 23, she returned but was not given her room back and instead was called in for a review.

Review nurse Paul Sykes told the inquest she had “made recordings of conversations she had with neighbours” while at home during the weekend.

She claimed they were playing loud music, keeping her children awake.

The inquest heard there had been long-running issues with her neighbours.

Mr Sykes told the coroner Mrs Kijowska became angry when she was told she would be going on home leave for another four days.

He said: “She said she would throw herself in front of a train or order prescription drugs from the internet.”

He told the coroner she also gave her mood as one out of ten and “felt like life was not worth living”.

Mr Sykes later saw her sitting on the floor near the ward exit doors.

Despite this, Mr Sykes understood she was due to be released on leave with some follow-up home care.

Coroner Caroline Beasley-Murray described the ward as having a “bed crisis” on the day with 22 patients for 18 rooms.

About two-and-a-half hours after the review, emergency alarms were activated.

Mrs Kijowska was found hanged and, despite attempts to resuscitate her, she was declared dead at the scene.

Police confirmed there were no suspicious circumstances.

The inquest continues.