ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)(a) THE A12 TRUNK ROAD (JUNCTION 27, SPRING LANE INTERCHANGE TO JUNCTION 29, CROWN INTERCHANGE) AND THE A120 TRUNK ROAD (CROWN INTERCHANGE) (ESSEX) (TEMPORARY RESTRICTION AND PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2020Notice ID: MF0562970
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)(a) THE A12 TRUNK ROAD (JUNCTION 27, SPRING LANE INTERCHANGE TO JUNCTION 29, CROWN INTERCHANGE) AND THE A120 TRUNK ROAD (CROWN INTERCHANGE) (ESSEX) (TEMPORARY RESTRICTION AND PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2020
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Highways England Company Limited(a) has made an Order on the A12 Trunk Road and the A120 Trunk Road in the County of Essex to enable carriageway resurfacing, vehicle safety barrier and sign post replacement, bridge inspections, technology and associated works to be carried out in safety. The works which will take place overnight (8pm-6am) are expected to last for approximately 2 weeks, starting on, or after, Monday 10 August 2020. The works will be carried out using a combination of full carriageway closures, lane closures and slip road closures, a temporary mandatory speed limit will be in force at times in the interest of safety.
The effect of the Order will be to –
1. Impose for 24 hours daily, a 50 miles per hour speed limit, in conjunction with lane closures, on the A12-
1.1 southbound –
• carriageway from a point 130 metres north of the exit slip road to Old Ipswich Road, Ardleigh to the entry slip road leading from the A133 Spring Lane Roundabout at Junction 27 Spring Lane Interchange,
• exit slip road at Junction 29 Crown Interchange, and
• road that links Old Ipswich Road, Ardleigh to the exit slip road at J29.
1.2 northbound –
• carriageway from the exit slip road at Junction 27 Spring Lane Interchange to the entry slip road at J 29, and • exit and entry slip roads at Junction 28 Severals Lane Interchange.
2. Close the –
2.1 A12 southbound –
• exit slip road at J 29, and
• link road that links Old Ipswich Road, Ardleigh to the exit slip road at J29, 2.2
A12 northbound –
• carriageway from the exit slip road at J 27 to the entry slip road at J 29, and
• exit and entry slip roads at J 28, and • road that links the A12 northbound carriageway to the A120 eastbound carriageway at Crown Interchange.
During the A12 southbound exit slip road closure at J29, traffic will be diverted to continue via the A12 southbound to exit at J28 and join the A12 northbound back to J29 and continue their journey. During the A12 northbound closure between J27 and J29 traffic will be diverted at A12 J27 then via the A133 and A1232 Ipswich Road to either join the A12 northbound at J29 or the A120 eastbound at Crown Interchange and continue their journey. All lay-bys adjacent to the lengths of closed carriageway described at 2 above will remain closed for 24 hours daily for the duration of the works. The temporary mandatory speed limit (which will not apply to emergency service or special force vehicles), closures (which will not apply to emergency service or works vehicles) and diversion route will be clearly indicated by traffic signs. The Order will come into force on 10 August 2020 and may continue in force until the works detailed above have been completed, or for a maximum duration of eighteen months, whichever is the earlier.
Mrs D Mainstone, Highways England Company Limited.
(a) Registered in England and Wales under company no. 9346363. Registered Office: Bridge House, Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4LZ. General Enquiries relating to this notice may be made in writing to Ajith Nair at Highways England Company Limited, Woodlands, Manton Lane, Bedford, MK41 7LW, by telephoning 0300 4704492 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org