ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)(a) THE A120 TRUNK ROAD (CROWN INTERCHANGE, COLCHESTER TO HORSLEY CROSS ROUNDABOUT) ESSEX (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2019Notice ID: MF0432106
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)(a) THE A120 TRUNK ROAD (CROWN INTERCHANGE, COLCHESTER TO HORSLEY CROSS ROUNDABOUT) ESSEX (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2019
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Highways England Company Limited (a) has made an Order on the A120 Trunk Road in the County of Essex to enable geotechnical surveys and investigation works, carriageway resurfacing and routine maintenance to be carried out in safety.
The works will take place overnight (8pm to 6am, Monday to Friday) and are expected to last for 4 weeks, starting on, or after, Monday 10 June 2019. The effect of the Order will be to close, in phases, the A120 -
- eastbound and westbound carriageways between the A12 at Crown Interchange, Colchester and Horsley Cross Roundabout -diverting westbound traffic via the A1232, A133, B1033 and B1035 and vice versa for eastbound traffic, or for southbound A12 traffic, via the A1232 and A133 to A12 J27,
- southbound entry slip road from Old Ipswich Road, Ardleigh (including the exit slip road from the southbound A12) leading to the A120/A1232 roundabout,
- eastbound entry slip road from theA120/A1232 roundabout,
- westbound exit slip to and westbound entry slip road from the A120/A1232 roundabout,
- eastbound exit slip road to the A133 at Hare Green, and
- westbound entry slip road from the A133 at Hare Green.
The temporary closures (which will not apply to emergency service or works vehicles) and diversion routes will be clearly indicated by traffic signs throughout the works. The Order will come into force on 10 June 2019 and may continue in force for a maximum duration of eighteen months or until the works detailed above have been completed, whichever is the earlier.
Mrs A V Middleton,
Highways England Company Limited. (a) Registered in England and Wales under company no. 9346363. Registered Office: Bridge House, Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4LZ.
General Enquiries relating to this notice may be made in writing to Michael Kilroy at Highways England Company Limited, Woodlands, Manton Lane, Bedford, MK41 7LW, by telephoning 0300 470 4893 or email to email@example.com