Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting GAZETTE NEWS to 80360, or email
Ward - no more departures from U's
John Ward does not expect any more players to leave Colchester United this summer.
The U’s are still reeling following the departures of key duo Ben Williams and Magnus Okuonghae, last week.
The likes of Kayode Odejayi, Steven Gillespie and Lloyd James have also quit the Weston Homes Community Stadium, since the end of last season.
Anthony Wordsworth has been linked with several Championship clubs, over recent months.
However, the U’s have received no firm offers for their star midfielder.
And Colchester manager Ward has said it is unlikely that any more of his players will be moving on ahead of the big kick-off.
Ward said: “You can never say for definite but I don’t anticipate anyone else leaving.
“We’ve had no offers or anything else on the table for any of our players.
“I’m happy with that.
“I just want to add two more; I don’t want to be losing anyone.
“We’ve lost some good players and the likes of Ben and Magnus have both made massive decisions.
“But we have also got other good players to come through.
“Things evolve at a football club and we have young ones who might emerge out of the blue and quicker than we might have thought.”
See Tuesday's Gazette for more on this story and all of the latest Colchester United news, including pictures of the U's players at the club's new Florence Park venue.