Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting GAZETTE NEWS to 80360, or email
Ibehre backs U's to beat the drop
Jabo Ibehre has returned to Colchester United to help them in their battle to beat the dreaded drop.
But the U’s have denied they have accepted a bid from Charlton Athletic for Anthony Wordsworth.
Speculation has linked the Addicks with a swoop for Wordsworth but the Gazette understands that the U’s are yet to receive any firm bids for the midfielder.
However, Colchester have completed the signing of experienced striker Ibehre, who has left MK Dons to join the U’s until the end of the season.
Ibehre enjoyed a three-month loan spell at the Weston Homes Community Stadium earlier this season, scoring four times in 15 appearances.
And the 29-year-old said he has no qualms about re-signing for Joe Dunne’s side - despite their precarious position in League One.
Ibehre said: “I had no doubts about coming back.
“I believe we can get out of it - I wouldn’t have come back if I didn’t think that."
See Wednesday's Gazette for more on this story and all of the latest Colchester United news.
Comments are closed on this article.