U's see off Shakers to get back on track

Gazette: On target - Anthony Wordsworth scored Colchester United's opening goal in their win over Bury this afternoon. On target - Anthony Wordsworth scored Colchester United's opening goal in their win over Bury this afternoon.

Colchester United got back to winning ways this afternoon with a 2-0 win over lowly Bury.

The U's had the better of the early stages and Ian Henderson forced keeper Trevor Carson to palm his shot away, just before the half hour.

But Bury enjoyed the better of the closing moments of the first half, with U's keeper John Sullivan denying Dominic Poleon and Tom Hopper missing a gilt-edged chance before the break.

Colchester went ahead in the 57th minute through skipper Anthony Wordsworth, who headed in Jabo Ibehre's pinpoint cross.

And the U's doubled their advantage less than four minutes later when Freddie Sears fired in, after Ibehre had cleverly dummied Henderson's low cross.

Ethan Ebanks-Landell's effort came back off the bar for Bury with 15 minutes to go but substitute Clinton Morrison almost scored a third for the U's near the end, as Colchester secured a welcome three points.

For a full match report, pictures and reaction to Colchester's game with Bury, see Monday's Gazette.

Comments (22)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

5:22pm Sat 17 Nov 12

angryman!!! says...

Much better and all important 3 points. Didn't look as dominant as the first of joe dunnes games but def improvement on recent games.
Also will swallow my pride and huge well done to Henderson who was superb. Coventry will be a tricky game but def winnable.
Much better and all important 3 points. Didn't look as dominant as the first of joe dunnes games but def improvement on recent games. Also will swallow my pride and huge well done to Henderson who was superb. Coventry will be a tricky game but def winnable. angryman!!!
  • Score: 0

8:26pm Sat 17 Nov 12

super waluigi says...

What a good performance from col u. Well done to all of the players and staff. In particular, it is nice to have a clean sheet. Magnus and co have increased their game.
I hope a few people have seen Wordsworth in a different light today. In my opinion he was the complete midfielder and anything but lazy.
What a good performance from col u. Well done to all of the players and staff. In particular, it is nice to have a clean sheet. Magnus and co have increased their game. I hope a few people have seen Wordsworth in a different light today. In my opinion he was the complete midfielder and anything but lazy. super waluigi
  • Score: 0

9:52pm Sat 17 Nov 12

We're not singing anymore!!! says...

I like to think I'm a fair person. I've criticised Henderson and Wordsworth a lot but today I have to give credit where it's due and they both played really well.It's amazing how different we look when they put that sort of effort in. More of it please guys.

I don't want to be negative as it was a well deserved and much needed 3 points and clean sheet but.Bury wasn't the greatest team we've played. The defence still looked edgy at times but I'm sure they will grow in confidence after this clean sheet.

Up the U's
I like to think I'm a fair person. I've criticised Henderson and Wordsworth a lot but today I have to give credit where it's due and they both played really well.It's amazing how different we look when they put that sort of effort in. More of it please guys. I don't want to be negative as it was a well deserved and much needed 3 points and clean sheet but.Bury wasn't the greatest team we've played. The defence still looked edgy at times but I'm sure they will grow in confidence after this clean sheet. Up the U's We're not singing anymore!!!
  • Score: 0

11:37pm Sat 17 Nov 12

angryman!!! says...

I have to agree bury didn't look good. But they were a team in the back if 3wins and a draw out of last 4. And fair play, I've already name checked Henderson but Wordsworth had a good game and battled hard well done.
Hopefully people of Colchester come out and start supporting a team that's won 4 out of its last 5 games
I have to agree bury didn't look good. But they were a team in the back if 3wins and a draw out of last 4. And fair play, I've already name checked Henderson but Wordsworth had a good game and battled hard well done. Hopefully people of Colchester come out and start supporting a team that's won 4 out of its last 5 games angryman!!!
  • Score: 0

11:29am Sun 18 Nov 12

Steve86 says...

super waluigi wrote:
What a good performance from col u. Well done to all of the players and staff. In particular, it is nice to have a clean sheet. Magnus and co have increased their game.
I hope a few people have seen Wordsworth in a different light today. In my opinion he was the complete midfielder and anything but lazy.
Tbh Wordsworth's goal was good, and he improved a lot, from recent performances. But I still don't understand why he's captain. Every now and then he has a good performance like that, but he's inconsistent, so now that he's had a good performance, he'll probably go to sleep for a few goals. I hope I'm wrong, but he's been like that for a few years now. Full credit to Hendo and Sears though, who were outstanding for the whole game. The defence looked strong too, with Eastmond and Bean in front of them that never stopped running. However, Morrison was shocking when he came on. Looking forward to Tuesday... Up the U's
[quote][p][bold]super waluigi[/bold] wrote: What a good performance from col u. Well done to all of the players and staff. In particular, it is nice to have a clean sheet. Magnus and co have increased their game. I hope a few people have seen Wordsworth in a different light today. In my opinion he was the complete midfielder and anything but lazy.[/p][/quote]Tbh Wordsworth's goal was good, and he improved a lot, from recent performances. But I still don't understand why he's captain. Every now and then he has a good performance like that, but he's inconsistent, so now that he's had a good performance, he'll probably go to sleep for a few goals. I hope I'm wrong, but he's been like that for a few years now. Full credit to Hendo and Sears though, who were outstanding for the whole game. The defence looked strong too, with Eastmond and Bean in front of them that never stopped running. However, Morrison was shocking when he came on. Looking forward to Tuesday... Up the U's Steve86
  • Score: 0

11:37am Sun 18 Nov 12

Steve86 says...

I meant "He'll probably go to sleep for a few games now"
I meant "He'll probably go to sleep for a few games now" Steve86
  • Score: 0

1:00pm Sun 18 Nov 12

super waluigi says...

Steve86 wrote:
super waluigi wrote:
What a good performance from col u. Well done to all of the players and staff. In particular, it is nice to have a clean sheet. Magnus and co have increased their game.
I hope a few people have seen Wordsworth in a different light today. In my opinion he was the complete midfielder and anything but lazy.
Tbh Wordsworth's goal was good, and he improved a lot, from recent performances. But I still don't understand why he's captain. Every now and then he has a good performance like that, but he's inconsistent, so now that he's had a good performance, he'll probably go to sleep for a few goals. I hope I'm wrong, but he's been like that for a few years now. Full credit to Hendo and Sears though, who were outstanding for the whole game. The defence looked strong too, with Eastmond and Bean in front of them that never stopped running. However, Morrison was shocking when he came on. Looking forward to Tuesday... Up the U's
Fair enough Steve. Lets not get carried away with the Wordsworth love. I myself don't have a Col U shirt with his name on the back. Neither do I have his poster above my bed!!!!
The difference between my view and yours is that I believe Wordsworth does in fact put the effort in, Week-in, Week-out, with the exception of a very few games. He might not be as good as all of the midfielders that he plays against, and will never live up to the unrealistic expectations of the col u fans on this forum, but calling him lazy, or even that he will go missing for large parts of the season is just plain insulting to him.
Like I said on the other thread to someone else, you don't have to agree with him being captain, but you do have to lump it. Like me, and the other guy, your opinion is regarded as pointless because we don't know what happens behind the scenes at col u. Joe Dunne does, and I am sure he appointed what he thinks is right.
[quote][p][bold]Steve86[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]super waluigi[/bold] wrote: What a good performance from col u. Well done to all of the players and staff. In particular, it is nice to have a clean sheet. Magnus and co have increased their game. I hope a few people have seen Wordsworth in a different light today. In my opinion he was the complete midfielder and anything but lazy.[/p][/quote]Tbh Wordsworth's goal was good, and he improved a lot, from recent performances. But I still don't understand why he's captain. Every now and then he has a good performance like that, but he's inconsistent, so now that he's had a good performance, he'll probably go to sleep for a few goals. I hope I'm wrong, but he's been like that for a few years now. Full credit to Hendo and Sears though, who were outstanding for the whole game. The defence looked strong too, with Eastmond and Bean in front of them that never stopped running. However, Morrison was shocking when he came on. Looking forward to Tuesday... Up the U's[/p][/quote]Fair enough Steve. Lets not get carried away with the Wordsworth love. I myself don't have a Col U shirt with his name on the back. Neither do I have his poster above my bed!!!! The difference between my view and yours is that I believe Wordsworth does in fact put the effort in, Week-in, Week-out, with the exception of a very few games. He might not be as good as all of the midfielders that he plays against, and will never live up to the unrealistic expectations of the col u fans on this forum, but calling him lazy, or even that he will go missing for large parts of the season is just plain insulting to him. Like I said on the other thread to someone else, you don't have to agree with him being captain, but you do have to lump it. Like me, and the other guy, your opinion is regarded as pointless because we don't know what happens behind the scenes at col u. Joe Dunne does, and I am sure he appointed what he thinks is right. super waluigi
  • Score: 0

1:03pm Sun 18 Nov 12

super waluigi says...

And on the note of being disrespectful, why would you even comment on Morrisons performance. The guy might have missed a chance or two, but he did try when he came on.

On the back of a clean sheet, and a two nil win, I speak for myself only when I say that your critism is very much uncalled for.
And on the note of being disrespectful, why would you even comment on Morrisons performance. The guy might have missed a chance or two, but he did try when he came on. On the back of a clean sheet, and a two nil win, I speak for myself only when I say that your critism is very much uncalled for. super waluigi
  • Score: 0

2:18pm Sun 18 Nov 12

crazy comments says...

Good to see Wordsworth get a goal yesterday and in the first five minutes of the game made three excellent passes. I have always said he has imense talent but lets himself down at times with his failure in chasing and winning a ball back. It was through Hendersons persistence that started the attack for the second goal. He lost the ball, chased back after it to win it back and then sent Ibere away down the wing.. Truly deserved man of the match and for retaining his place in the team. The trouble is we need ten players doing this and not just a few of them. I have watched Bournmouth a couple of times recently,since they re employed Eddie Howe as their manager. They now play exactly the same style of football like us, build up from the back, but their work ethic is far superior to ours. They chase,harras and close down very quickly with persistance from every player to win the ball and break into attack very quickly,the whole game,not just parts. Sorry Joe and other U's fans on here,sorry to spoil your Sunday, but we are still far to slow in our build up play and movement levels. Joe for me has done miracles in getting us out of that relegation zone and I have nothing but admiration for the guy. With a few players moved out and additions added next season I think Joe will then have a very hard team to beat. However when I see players like Morrison acting like a clown,in the warm ups and then coming on for the last ten minutes and playing like a carthorse, it makes me wanna p-ke. When he signed for us, I gave my views on this guy, and nothing has changed. I watch players during games very closely and the amount of times when we had a throw in not just Woody but a few others just stood rooted to one spot like a statue instead of moving around to receive the ball. Only my observation but overall things are far better now at the club, and it should be a very good game come Tuesday.
Good to see Wordsworth get a goal yesterday and in the first five minutes of the game made three excellent passes. I have always said he has imense talent but lets himself down at times with his failure in chasing and winning a ball back. It was through Hendersons persistence that started the attack for the second goal. He lost the ball, chased back after it to win it back and then sent Ibere away down the wing.. Truly deserved man of the match and for retaining his place in the team. The trouble is we need ten players doing this and not just a few of them. I have watched Bournmouth a couple of times recently,since they re employed Eddie Howe as their manager. They now play exactly the same style of football like us, build up from the back, but their work ethic is far superior to ours. They chase,harras and close down very quickly with persistance from every player to win the ball and break into attack very quickly,the whole game,not just parts. Sorry Joe and other U's fans on here,sorry to spoil your Sunday, but we are still far to slow in our build up play and movement levels. Joe for me has done miracles in getting us out of that relegation zone and I have nothing but admiration for the guy. With a few players moved out and additions added next season I think Joe will then have a very hard team to beat. However when I see players like Morrison acting like a clown,in the warm ups and then coming on for the last ten minutes and playing like a carthorse, it makes me wanna p-ke. When he signed for us, I gave my views on this guy, and nothing has changed. I watch players during games very closely and the amount of times when we had a throw in not just Woody but a few others just stood rooted to one spot like a statue instead of moving around to receive the ball. Only my observation but overall things are far better now at the club, and it should be a very good game come Tuesday. crazy comments
  • Score: 0

10:44pm Sun 18 Nov 12

Clacc says...

I am a fan of both Woody and Hendo so glad to see them getting the praise that they both deserved for Saturday's perfomance.

But Morrison ! He's both a joke and and joker. Did anyone see him actually trying to blame Sears because he couldn't hit the proverbial with a banjo ? Not one of Ward's most inspired of signings it has to be said.

Up the U's.
I am a fan of both Woody and Hendo so glad to see them getting the praise that they both deserved for Saturday's perfomance. But Morrison ! He's both a joke and and joker. Did anyone see him actually trying to blame Sears because he couldn't hit the proverbial with a banjo ? Not one of Ward's most inspired of signings it has to be said. Up the U's. Clacc
  • Score: 0

11:04pm Sun 18 Nov 12

We're not singing anymore!!! says...

Crazy.....
I agree with how you say Bournemouth play the same style as us but with more of a work ethic. But Joe has only just introduced this style of play so it will take time to get the players fitness up to the level where we execute it correctly. The fans also need to be more patient in this new style of play. I think he's trying to get the style similar to Barcelona and Swansea (last season) etc. We definitely have a good future with Joe.

Morrison is another Sheringham, here just for the money. Although I don't like it, I can't blame him for doing it.

Super....
Like you said, we all have different opinions on Wordsworth. Yourself, Joe Dunne and previous managers clearly see Woody working hard week in, week out when I think the majority of fans, or at least the majority of fans on here think he is often lazy or doesn't put a full shift in. I do disagree with your comment about him maybe not being as good as some of the midfielders he comes up against though. I think he does have the ability to be one of the best midfielders in this league, he just needs to be more consistent with the performances that he puts in, like against Bury.
Crazy..... I agree with how you say Bournemouth play the same style as us but with more of a work ethic. But Joe has only just introduced this style of play so it will take time to get the players fitness up to the level where we execute it correctly. The fans also need to be more patient in this new style of play. I think he's trying to get the style similar to Barcelona and Swansea (last season) etc. We definitely have a good future with Joe. Morrison is another Sheringham, here just for the money. Although I don't like it, I can't blame him for doing it. Super.... Like you said, we all have different opinions on Wordsworth. Yourself, Joe Dunne and previous managers clearly see Woody working hard week in, week out when I think the majority of fans, or at least the majority of fans on here think he is often lazy or doesn't put a full shift in. I do disagree with your comment about him maybe not being as good as some of the midfielders he comes up against though. I think he does have the ability to be one of the best midfielders in this league, he just needs to be more consistent with the performances that he puts in, like against Bury. We're not singing anymore!!!
  • Score: 0

9:23pm Mon 19 Nov 12

crazy comments says...

We're not singing anymore!!! wrote:
Crazy..... I agree with how you say Bournemouth play the same style as us but with more of a work ethic. But Joe has only just introduced this style of play so it will take time to get the players fitness up to the level where we execute it correctly. The fans also need to be more patient in this new style of play. I think he's trying to get the style similar to Barcelona and Swansea (last season) etc. We definitely have a good future with Joe. Morrison is another Sheringham, here just for the money. Although I don't like it, I can't blame him for doing it. Super.... Like you said, we all have different opinions on Wordsworth. Yourself, Joe Dunne and previous managers clearly see Woody working hard week in, week out when I think the majority of fans, or at least the majority of fans on here think he is often lazy or doesn't put a full shift in. I do disagree with your comment about him maybe not being as good as some of the midfielders he comes up against though. I think he does have the ability to be one of the best midfielders in this league, he just needs to be more consistent with the performances that he puts in, like against Bury.
Eddie Howe has had less time than Joe to get things working and players super fit at Bournmouth. Mind you It's very interesting how different teams do their pre match warm ups. The U's for instance have this routine of having piggy in the middle who has to try and intercept the ball, and even funnier with a laughing clown prancing around in the middle. Bournmouth on the other hand use three players who at speed all go into different directions, much like the red arrows formation crossing over from side to side passing the ball at speed. They use this during the game and the opposition are at sixes and sevens with the movement. Just brilliant and been well planned on the training ground. I still believe improvement could be made on the fitness levels at the Community Staduim, but if we keep on winning, then I will be proved wrong. Lets hope so.
[quote][p][bold]We're not singing anymore!!![/bold] wrote: Crazy..... I agree with how you say Bournemouth play the same style as us but with more of a work ethic. But Joe has only just introduced this style of play so it will take time to get the players fitness up to the level where we execute it correctly. The fans also need to be more patient in this new style of play. I think he's trying to get the style similar to Barcelona and Swansea (last season) etc. We definitely have a good future with Joe. Morrison is another Sheringham, here just for the money. Although I don't like it, I can't blame him for doing it. Super.... Like you said, we all have different opinions on Wordsworth. Yourself, Joe Dunne and previous managers clearly see Woody working hard week in, week out when I think the majority of fans, or at least the majority of fans on here think he is often lazy or doesn't put a full shift in. I do disagree with your comment about him maybe not being as good as some of the midfielders he comes up against though. I think he does have the ability to be one of the best midfielders in this league, he just needs to be more consistent with the performances that he puts in, like against Bury.[/p][/quote]Eddie Howe has had less time than Joe to get things working and players super fit at Bournmouth. Mind you It's very interesting how different teams do their pre match warm ups. The U's for instance have this routine of having piggy in the middle who has to try and intercept the ball, and even funnier with a laughing clown prancing around in the middle. Bournmouth on the other hand use three players who at speed all go into different directions, much like the red arrows formation crossing over from side to side passing the ball at speed. They use this during the game and the opposition are at sixes and sevens with the movement. Just brilliant and been well planned on the training ground. I still believe improvement could be made on the fitness levels at the Community Staduim, but if we keep on winning, then I will be proved wrong. Lets hope so. crazy comments
  • Score: 0

10:04pm Mon 19 Nov 12

bill moore says...

crazy comments says...
2:18pm Sun 18 Nov 12>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>H
i crazy remember me? back to say hello after a few seasons recovering from the exhilirating football dished up here by bothroyd.To be fair you guys did warn me about him.Tomorrow night could be a decent event considering both sides are trying to play football. McGoldrick is on fire for us so no hard feelings if we manage to take something from you.Regretfully I have forgotten the names of some of the other posters that appeared here but hope to renew acquaintances again.Best of luck Bill Moore
crazy comments says... 2:18pm Sun 18 Nov 12>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>H i crazy remember me? back to say hello after a few seasons recovering from the exhilirating football dished up here by bothroyd.To be fair you guys did warn me about him.Tomorrow night could be a decent event considering both sides are trying to play football. McGoldrick is on fire for us so no hard feelings if we manage to take something from you.Regretfully I have forgotten the names of some of the other posters that appeared here but hope to renew acquaintances again.Best of luck Bill Moore bill moore
  • Score: 0

3:05am Tue 20 Nov 12

Boris says...

bill moore wrote:
crazy comments says...
2:18pm Sun 18 Nov 12>>>>&g
t;>>>>&g
t;>>>>&g
t;>>H
i crazy remember me? back to say hello after a few seasons recovering from the exhilirating football dished up here by bothroyd.To be fair you guys did warn me about him.Tomorrow night could be a decent event considering both sides are trying to play football. McGoldrick is on fire for us so no hard feelings if we manage to take something from you.Regretfully I have forgotten the names of some of the other posters that appeared here but hope to renew acquaintances again.Best of luck Bill Moore
Welcome back, Bill, I remember you. I hope your guys give us a good game. You will still lose, but only by the odd goal. Any club that has had the misfortune to be managed by Aidy Boothroyd deserves our sympathy.
[quote][p][bold]bill moore[/bold] wrote: crazy comments says... 2:18pm Sun 18 Nov 12>>>>&g t;>>>>&g t;>>>>&g t;>>H i crazy remember me? back to say hello after a few seasons recovering from the exhilirating football dished up here by bothroyd.To be fair you guys did warn me about him.Tomorrow night could be a decent event considering both sides are trying to play football. McGoldrick is on fire for us so no hard feelings if we manage to take something from you.Regretfully I have forgotten the names of some of the other posters that appeared here but hope to renew acquaintances again.Best of luck Bill Moore[/p][/quote]Welcome back, Bill, I remember you. I hope your guys give us a good game. You will still lose, but only by the odd goal. Any club that has had the misfortune to be managed by Aidy Boothroyd deserves our sympathy. Boris
  • Score: 0

10:13am Tue 20 Nov 12

Surb says...

super waluigi wrote:
Steve86 wrote:
super waluigi wrote:
What a good performance from col u. Well done to all of the players and staff. In particular, it is nice to have a clean sheet. Magnus and co have increased their game.
I hope a few people have seen Wordsworth in a different light today. In my opinion he was the complete midfielder and anything but lazy.
Tbh Wordsworth's goal was good, and he improved a lot, from recent performances. But I still don't understand why he's captain. Every now and then he has a good performance like that, but he's inconsistent, so now that he's had a good performance, he'll probably go to sleep for a few goals. I hope I'm wrong, but he's been like that for a few years now. Full credit to Hendo and Sears though, who were outstanding for the whole game. The defence looked strong too, with Eastmond and Bean in front of them that never stopped running. However, Morrison was shocking when he came on. Looking forward to Tuesday... Up the U's
Fair enough Steve. Lets not get carried away with the Wordsworth love. I myself don't have a Col U shirt with his name on the back. Neither do I have his poster above my bed!!!!
The difference between my view and yours is that I believe Wordsworth does in fact put the effort in, Week-in, Week-out, with the exception of a very few games. He might not be as good as all of the midfielders that he plays against, and will never live up to the unrealistic expectations of the col u fans on this forum, but calling him lazy, or even that he will go missing for large parts of the season is just plain insulting to him.
Like I said on the other thread to someone else, you don't have to agree with him being captain, but you do have to lump it. Like me, and the other guy, your opinion is regarded as pointless because we don't know what happens behind the scenes at col u. Joe Dunne does, and I am sure he appointed what he thinks is right.
Same old Super saying another person's opinions are pointless have you ever read your own comments. Super you constantly make me laugh thinking you know more than other supporters about football etc Everyone on here are entitled to their own opinions if you don't agree with them just say you disagree agree instead of biting into their comments and saying that their opinions are pointless that is pure childish.

I DISAGREE (Note: that I haven't said your comment is pointless) with your comments on wordsworth being a complete midfielder, he scored one goal but throughout the game didn't see much of him.
[quote][p][bold]super waluigi[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Steve86[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]super waluigi[/bold] wrote: What a good performance from col u. Well done to all of the players and staff. In particular, it is nice to have a clean sheet. Magnus and co have increased their game. I hope a few people have seen Wordsworth in a different light today. In my opinion he was the complete midfielder and anything but lazy.[/p][/quote]Tbh Wordsworth's goal was good, and he improved a lot, from recent performances. But I still don't understand why he's captain. Every now and then he has a good performance like that, but he's inconsistent, so now that he's had a good performance, he'll probably go to sleep for a few goals. I hope I'm wrong, but he's been like that for a few years now. Full credit to Hendo and Sears though, who were outstanding for the whole game. The defence looked strong too, with Eastmond and Bean in front of them that never stopped running. However, Morrison was shocking when he came on. Looking forward to Tuesday... Up the U's[/p][/quote]Fair enough Steve. Lets not get carried away with the Wordsworth love. I myself don't have a Col U shirt with his name on the back. Neither do I have his poster above my bed!!!! The difference between my view and yours is that I believe Wordsworth does in fact put the effort in, Week-in, Week-out, with the exception of a very few games. He might not be as good as all of the midfielders that he plays against, and will never live up to the unrealistic expectations of the col u fans on this forum, but calling him lazy, or even that he will go missing for large parts of the season is just plain insulting to him. Like I said on the other thread to someone else, you don't have to agree with him being captain, but you do have to lump it. Like me, and the other guy, your opinion is regarded as pointless because we don't know what happens behind the scenes at col u. Joe Dunne does, and I am sure he appointed what he thinks is right.[/p][/quote]Same old Super saying another person's opinions are pointless have you ever read your own comments. Super you constantly make me laugh thinking you know more than other supporters about football etc Everyone on here are entitled to their own opinions if you don't agree with them just say you disagree agree instead of biting into their comments and saying that their opinions are pointless that is pure childish. I DISAGREE (Note: that I haven't said your comment is pointless) with your comments on wordsworth being a complete midfielder, he scored one goal but throughout the game didn't see much of him. Surb
  • Score: 0

10:35am Tue 20 Nov 12

super waluigi says...

Surb wrote:
super waluigi wrote:
Steve86 wrote:
super waluigi wrote:
What a good performance from col u. Well done to all of the players and staff. In particular, it is nice to have a clean sheet. Magnus and co have increased their game.
I hope a few people have seen Wordsworth in a different light today. In my opinion he was the complete midfielder and anything but lazy.
Tbh Wordsworth's goal was good, and he improved a lot, from recent performances. But I still don't understand why he's captain. Every now and then he has a good performance like that, but he's inconsistent, so now that he's had a good performance, he'll probably go to sleep for a few goals. I hope I'm wrong, but he's been like that for a few years now. Full credit to Hendo and Sears though, who were outstanding for the whole game. The defence looked strong too, with Eastmond and Bean in front of them that never stopped running. However, Morrison was shocking when he came on. Looking forward to Tuesday... Up the U's
Fair enough Steve. Lets not get carried away with the Wordsworth love. I myself don't have a Col U shirt with his name on the back. Neither do I have his poster above my bed!!!!
The difference between my view and yours is that I believe Wordsworth does in fact put the effort in, Week-in, Week-out, with the exception of a very few games. He might not be as good as all of the midfielders that he plays against, and will never live up to the unrealistic expectations of the col u fans on this forum, but calling him lazy, or even that he will go missing for large parts of the season is just plain insulting to him.
Like I said on the other thread to someone else, you don't have to agree with him being captain, but you do have to lump it. Like me, and the other guy, your opinion is regarded as pointless because we don't know what happens behind the scenes at col u. Joe Dunne does, and I am sure he appointed what he thinks is right.
Same old Super saying another person's opinions are pointless have you ever read your own comments. Super you constantly make me laugh thinking you know more than other supporters about football etc Everyone on here are entitled to their own opinions if you don't agree with them just say you disagree agree instead of biting into their comments and saying that their opinions are pointless that is pure childish.

I DISAGREE (Note: that I haven't said your comment is pointless) with your comments on wordsworth being a complete midfielder, he scored one goal but throughout the game didn't see much of him.
Hmmmm, I don't know why I am even bothering to reply to this ridiculous blog by surb. But because i am a loud mouth, I WILL.

To set things straight, at no point did I call steve86 or his views wrong. Read it again. I simply put across my views that he is not lazy. There is nothing wrong with mine or Steves blog in my opinion apart from the disrespectful part. Unlike your awful and often unreadable blogs, Steve brings his own opinions to the table and we often disagree but I do respect his views.

Do yourself a favour surb. Go back to school and learn to read and write. Learn to write something expressive or creative and perhaps you too could debate with crazy, Steve, Nora or the others. Till then, stay away from my blogs, disagreements and articles, because the things you are arguing have no relation to our football club. Worse still, your sloppy-badly put together blogs have ruffled feathers in your own camp.

I won't reply to you any more surb. Not because I can't debate or even that I don't like a debate, but more that you are really not worthy of anyone's time and certainly not mine.
[quote][p][bold]Surb[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]super waluigi[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Steve86[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]super waluigi[/bold] wrote: What a good performance from col u. Well done to all of the players and staff. In particular, it is nice to have a clean sheet. Magnus and co have increased their game. I hope a few people have seen Wordsworth in a different light today. In my opinion he was the complete midfielder and anything but lazy.[/p][/quote]Tbh Wordsworth's goal was good, and he improved a lot, from recent performances. But I still don't understand why he's captain. Every now and then he has a good performance like that, but he's inconsistent, so now that he's had a good performance, he'll probably go to sleep for a few goals. I hope I'm wrong, but he's been like that for a few years now. Full credit to Hendo and Sears though, who were outstanding for the whole game. The defence looked strong too, with Eastmond and Bean in front of them that never stopped running. However, Morrison was shocking when he came on. Looking forward to Tuesday... Up the U's[/p][/quote]Fair enough Steve. Lets not get carried away with the Wordsworth love. I myself don't have a Col U shirt with his name on the back. Neither do I have his poster above my bed!!!! The difference between my view and yours is that I believe Wordsworth does in fact put the effort in, Week-in, Week-out, with the exception of a very few games. He might not be as good as all of the midfielders that he plays against, and will never live up to the unrealistic expectations of the col u fans on this forum, but calling him lazy, or even that he will go missing for large parts of the season is just plain insulting to him. Like I said on the other thread to someone else, you don't have to agree with him being captain, but you do have to lump it. Like me, and the other guy, your opinion is regarded as pointless because we don't know what happens behind the scenes at col u. Joe Dunne does, and I am sure he appointed what he thinks is right.[/p][/quote]Same old Super saying another person's opinions are pointless have you ever read your own comments. Super you constantly make me laugh thinking you know more than other supporters about football etc Everyone on here are entitled to their own opinions if you don't agree with them just say you disagree agree instead of biting into their comments and saying that their opinions are pointless that is pure childish. I DISAGREE (Note: that I haven't said your comment is pointless) with your comments on wordsworth being a complete midfielder, he scored one goal but throughout the game didn't see much of him.[/p][/quote]Hmmmm, I don't know why I am even bothering to reply to this ridiculous blog by surb. But because i am a loud mouth, I WILL. To set things straight, at no point did I call steve86 or his views wrong. Read it again. I simply put across my views that he is not lazy. There is nothing wrong with mine or Steves blog in my opinion apart from the disrespectful part. Unlike your awful and often unreadable blogs, Steve brings his own opinions to the table and we often disagree but I do respect his views. Do yourself a favour surb. Go back to school and learn to read and write. Learn to write something expressive or creative and perhaps you too could debate with crazy, Steve, Nora or the others. Till then, stay away from my blogs, disagreements and articles, because the things you are arguing have no relation to our football club. Worse still, your sloppy-badly put together blogs have ruffled feathers in your own camp. I won't reply to you any more surb. Not because I can't debate or even that I don't like a debate, but more that you are really not worthy of anyone's time and certainly not mine. super waluigi
  • Score: 0

12:02pm Tue 20 Nov 12

crazy comments says...

bill moore wrote:
crazy comments says... 2:18pm Sun 18 Nov 12>>>>&g
t;>>>>&g
t;>>>>&g
t;>>H i crazy remember me? back to say hello after a few seasons recovering from the exhilirating football dished up here by bothroyd.To be fair you guys did warn me about him.Tomorrow night could be a decent event considering both sides are trying to play football. McGoldrick is on fire for us so no hard feelings if we manage to take something from you.Regretfully I have forgotten the names of some of the other posters that appeared here but hope to renew acquaintances again.Best of luck Bill Moore
Hi Bill, good to hear from you again. Like your City we have have changed managers again, so should be a good lively game. You have mentioned a player that I think Joe Dunne should be very worried over. More so with our shaky defence and being attacked down the flanks. Are you coming to the game tonight? However good luck to both teams and I think we will need that more than yourselves.
[quote][p][bold]bill moore[/bold] wrote: crazy comments says... 2:18pm Sun 18 Nov 12>>>>&g t;>>>>&g t;>>>>&g t;>>H i crazy remember me? back to say hello after a few seasons recovering from the exhilirating football dished up here by bothroyd.To be fair you guys did warn me about him.Tomorrow night could be a decent event considering both sides are trying to play football. McGoldrick is on fire for us so no hard feelings if we manage to take something from you.Regretfully I have forgotten the names of some of the other posters that appeared here but hope to renew acquaintances again.Best of luck Bill Moore[/p][/quote]Hi Bill, good to hear from you again. Like your City we have have changed managers again, so should be a good lively game. You have mentioned a player that I think Joe Dunne should be very worried over. More so with our shaky defence and being attacked down the flanks. Are you coming to the game tonight? However good luck to both teams and I think we will need that more than yourselves. crazy comments
  • Score: 0

12:52pm Tue 20 Nov 12

bill moore says...

Crazy regretfully I don't go away anymore due to health reasons and my age.However I will be glued to BBC sport on here to keep track.We have been having a terrible time of it under SISU who have sold everything and anybody that was not nailed down.Mark Robins now appears to be doing a good job with freebies and loan players.That will probably end in January when several are due to go back including McGoldrick.Did you notice that Clive Platt turned down a further year at Coventry and instead followed AB to Northampton where he is in and out of the side.Will someone please explain why we paid money for him and Boothroyd.Let me know what you think of the game tonight and if I can be of any help to you lads down there when the return fixture is due don't hesitate to let me know.Enjoy the game and all the best Bill
Crazy regretfully I don't go away anymore due to health reasons and my age.However I will be glued to BBC sport on here to keep track.We have been having a terrible time of it under SISU who have sold everything and anybody that was not nailed down.Mark Robins now appears to be doing a good job with freebies and loan players.That will probably end in January when several are due to go back including McGoldrick.Did you notice that Clive Platt turned down a further year at Coventry and instead followed AB to Northampton where he is in and out of the side.Will someone please explain why we paid money for him and Boothroyd.Let me know what you think of the game tonight and if I can be of any help to you lads down there when the return fixture is due don't hesitate to let me know.Enjoy the game and all the best Bill bill moore
  • Score: 0

1:10pm Tue 20 Nov 12

Surb says...

super waluigi wrote:
Surb wrote:
super waluigi wrote:
Steve86 wrote:
super waluigi wrote:
What a good performance from col u. Well done to all of the players and staff. In particular, it is nice to have a clean sheet. Magnus and co have increased their game.
I hope a few people have seen Wordsworth in a different light today. In my opinion he was the complete midfielder and anything but lazy.
Tbh Wordsworth's goal was good, and he improved a lot, from recent performances. But I still don't understand why he's captain. Every now and then he has a good performance like that, but he's inconsistent, so now that he's had a good performance, he'll probably go to sleep for a few goals. I hope I'm wrong, but he's been like that for a few years now. Full credit to Hendo and Sears though, who were outstanding for the whole game. The defence looked strong too, with Eastmond and Bean in front of them that never stopped running. However, Morrison was shocking when he came on. Looking forward to Tuesday... Up the U's
Fair enough Steve. Lets not get carried away with the Wordsworth love. I myself don't have a Col U shirt with his name on the back. Neither do I have his poster above my bed!!!!
The difference between my view and yours is that I believe Wordsworth does in fact put the effort in, Week-in, Week-out, with the exception of a very few games. He might not be as good as all of the midfielders that he plays against, and will never live up to the unrealistic expectations of the col u fans on this forum, but calling him lazy, or even that he will go missing for large parts of the season is just plain insulting to him.
Like I said on the other thread to someone else, you don't have to agree with him being captain, but you do have to lump it. Like me, and the other guy, your opinion is regarded as pointless because we don't know what happens behind the scenes at col u. Joe Dunne does, and I am sure he appointed what he thinks is right.
Same old Super saying another person's opinions are pointless have you ever read your own comments. Super you constantly make me laugh thinking you know more than other supporters about football etc Everyone on here are entitled to their own opinions if you don't agree with them just say you disagree agree instead of biting into their comments and saying that their opinions are pointless that is pure childish.

I DISAGREE (Note: that I haven't said your comment is pointless) with your comments on wordsworth being a complete midfielder, he scored one goal but throughout the game didn't see much of him.
Hmmmm, I don't know why I am even bothering to reply to this ridiculous blog by surb. But because i am a loud mouth, I WILL.

To set things straight, at no point did I call steve86 or his views wrong. Read it again. I simply put across my views that he is not lazy. There is nothing wrong with mine or Steves blog in my opinion apart from the disrespectful part. Unlike your awful and often unreadable blogs, Steve brings his own opinions to the table and we often disagree but I do respect his views.

Do yourself a favour surb. Go back to school and learn to read and write. Learn to write something expressive or creative and perhaps you too could debate with crazy, Steve, Nora or the others. Till then, stay away from my blogs, disagreements and articles, because the things you are arguing have no relation to our football club. Worse still, your sloppy-badly put together blogs have ruffled feathers in your own camp.

I won't reply to you any more surb. Not because I can't debate or even that I don't like a debate, but more that you are really not worthy of anyone's time and certainly not mine.
I think I got off on the wrong foot there. I apologise.

I normally respect your views in your posts and see them as meaningful but I just felt you were having a 'dig' at Steve.

"Go back to school" part was pretty harsh to be fair.
[quote][p][bold]super waluigi[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Surb[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]super waluigi[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Steve86[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]super waluigi[/bold] wrote: What a good performance from col u. Well done to all of the players and staff. In particular, it is nice to have a clean sheet. Magnus and co have increased their game. I hope a few people have seen Wordsworth in a different light today. In my opinion he was the complete midfielder and anything but lazy.[/p][/quote]Tbh Wordsworth's goal was good, and he improved a lot, from recent performances. But I still don't understand why he's captain. Every now and then he has a good performance like that, but he's inconsistent, so now that he's had a good performance, he'll probably go to sleep for a few goals. I hope I'm wrong, but he's been like that for a few years now. Full credit to Hendo and Sears though, who were outstanding for the whole game. The defence looked strong too, with Eastmond and Bean in front of them that never stopped running. However, Morrison was shocking when he came on. Looking forward to Tuesday... Up the U's[/p][/quote]Fair enough Steve. Lets not get carried away with the Wordsworth love. I myself don't have a Col U shirt with his name on the back. Neither do I have his poster above my bed!!!! The difference between my view and yours is that I believe Wordsworth does in fact put the effort in, Week-in, Week-out, with the exception of a very few games. He might not be as good as all of the midfielders that he plays against, and will never live up to the unrealistic expectations of the col u fans on this forum, but calling him lazy, or even that he will go missing for large parts of the season is just plain insulting to him. Like I said on the other thread to someone else, you don't have to agree with him being captain, but you do have to lump it. Like me, and the other guy, your opinion is regarded as pointless because we don't know what happens behind the scenes at col u. Joe Dunne does, and I am sure he appointed what he thinks is right.[/p][/quote]Same old Super saying another person's opinions are pointless have you ever read your own comments. Super you constantly make me laugh thinking you know more than other supporters about football etc Everyone on here are entitled to their own opinions if you don't agree with them just say you disagree agree instead of biting into their comments and saying that their opinions are pointless that is pure childish. I DISAGREE (Note: that I haven't said your comment is pointless) with your comments on wordsworth being a complete midfielder, he scored one goal but throughout the game didn't see much of him.[/p][/quote]Hmmmm, I don't know why I am even bothering to reply to this ridiculous blog by surb. But because i am a loud mouth, I WILL. To set things straight, at no point did I call steve86 or his views wrong. Read it again. I simply put across my views that he is not lazy. There is nothing wrong with mine or Steves blog in my opinion apart from the disrespectful part. Unlike your awful and often unreadable blogs, Steve brings his own opinions to the table and we often disagree but I do respect his views. Do yourself a favour surb. Go back to school and learn to read and write. Learn to write something expressive or creative and perhaps you too could debate with crazy, Steve, Nora or the others. Till then, stay away from my blogs, disagreements and articles, because the things you are arguing have no relation to our football club. Worse still, your sloppy-badly put together blogs have ruffled feathers in your own camp. I won't reply to you any more surb. Not because I can't debate or even that I don't like a debate, but more that you are really not worthy of anyone's time and certainly not mine.[/p][/quote]I think I got off on the wrong foot there. I apologise. I normally respect your views in your posts and see them as meaningful but I just felt you were having a 'dig' at Steve. "Go back to school" part was pretty harsh to be fair. Surb
  • Score: 0

1:14pm Tue 20 Nov 12

Surb says...

Super W, can I ask you something . . .
Do you honestly not feel that Wordsworth can be a lazy player on the field? and more often than not recently that he has been?
Super W, can I ask you something . . . Do you honestly not feel that Wordsworth can be a lazy player on the field? and more often than not recently that he has been? Surb
  • Score: 0

1:31pm Tue 20 Nov 12

Col United says...

Surb, I see your point and tend to agree that he does show signs of being lazy. But there must be something he shows that makes Managers pick him.
The game on the weekend was a good game for him, and hopefully we see more of that.
Surb, I see your point and tend to agree that he does show signs of being lazy. But there must be something he shows that makes Managers pick him. The game on the weekend was a good game for him, and hopefully we see more of that. Col United
  • Score: 0

5:22pm Tue 20 Nov 12

Steve86 says...

Wow I didn't mean to cause an argument.
Wow I didn't mean to cause an argument. Steve86
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree