Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting GAZETTE NEWS to 80360, or email
New forward unlikely after U's receive Watt boost
Colchester United manager Joe Dunne says he is unlikely to sign a new forward before the emergency loan window closes today.
The U’s boss had hinted after their 4-2 defeat at Wolverhampton Wanderers that he had been talking to a club about bringing in a new striker.
But Dunne said those negotiations ended after the club in question decided to keep their player.
And he admitted the quest to sign a new attacker was not as urgent, after the U’s received good news on Sanchez Watt’s quad injury.
Dunne said: “We’ve probably missed out on the one we were going for.
“The club concerned are going to keep hold of him, I think."
For more on this story and all of the latest Colchester United news, including a full interview with Joe Dunne and Alex Gilbey along with Duguid's Diary, see Thursday's Daily Gazette.
Comments are closed on this article.