Jabo Ibehre says he is still open to the possibility of joining Colchester United on a permanent basis.
But the experienced striker has stressed his main priority is to return to full fitness, following an abdominal injury.
Ibehre could leave MK Dons this month, having fallen down the pecking order at stadiummk The 29-year-old has been offered a contract by Colchester, where he spent three months on loan at the end of last year.
Ibehre said: “I had a fantastic time at Colchester.
“Everyone was magnificent with me and it will now hold a place in my heart.
“It’s somewhere I’d like to revisit once I’m fit if possible but regaining my fitness is my priority at the moment."
See Tuesday's Gazette for more on this story and all of the latest Colchester United news.