Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting GAZETTE NEWS to 80360, or email
Jaywick: Man sleeps while kitchen is on fire
FIRE fighters were called rescue a man from a bungalow fire.
Residents in Jaywick dialled 999 after smoke was seen coming from the home in Broadlands Gardens around 6.15pm this evening.
It was reported a man was inside the property, asleep on the sofa, and could not be woken.
When fire crews from Clacton and Weeley arrived, they found the fire, which was in the kitchen, was out and the man was unharmed.
However, he did not want to leave the bungalow.
The bungalow was ventilated and crews left the scene by 6.45pm.
Police and ambulance crews also attended the incident.