A PUB had to be evacuated this afternoon after a pan fire broke out in the kitchen.

Firefighters were called to the Never Say Die in Jaywick at 2.20pm.

A fire service spokesman said: "When fire crews arrived they found the kitchen was full of smoke.

"All the customers had been evacuated by the pub staff. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire using a dry powder extinguisher and checked for hot spots using a thermal imaging camera.

"One person who was suffering with slight smoke inhalation was given oxygen therapy by crews and was left in the care of the ambulance service."

Fire crews from Clacton and Weeley were sent to the incident.