A premature baby who died from E.coli three days after he was born at Broomfield Hospital could have been saved by medical staff.
Logan Baker, of Marlborough Road, Braintree, was born on Thursday, January 30 by Caesarean section and sent home on Saturday, February 1 to recover.
Two days later however, Logan was rushed back to hospital by ambulance where he died from sepsis caused by the E.coli bacteria.
An inquest into Logan’s death was heard at Chelmsford County Hall by area coroner for Essex, Eleanor McGann.
She gave a narrative verdict for Logan’s death, concluding that it could have been prevented if staff at Broomfield Hospital had spotted signs of infection earlier.
A hospital spokesman offered condolences to the family and said an “extensive” report was carried out into his death.
He said the "trust will reflect and act upon the coroner's findings and those of its own extensive review of the treatment provided."
Logan's parents declined to comment on the hearing.