A WOMAN in her fifties was treated for smoke inhalation following a fire at her home in St Osyth.
Three fire crews were called to the detached bungalow, in Point Clear Road, at 6.43pm on Saturday.
A spokesman for Essex County Fire and Rescue Service said crews wore breathing apparatus and used one hose reel to put out the blaze.
“The fire was in the kitchen and was heavily smoke logged,” she said.
“A woman in her fifties suffered from smoke inhalation and was placed in the care of the ambulance service.”
The fire was extinguished by 7.03pm.