Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting GAZETTE NEWS to 80360, or email
Cameron praises our jobs crusade
1:44pm Tuesday 29th April 2014 in News
PRIME Minister David Cameron visited Colchester to praise the town’s job centre – and the Gazette – for helping to get people back into work.
The Tory leader met residents at the job centre, in the High Street, before touring the Gazette’s offices in Brunel Way.
In an exclusive interview, Mr Cameron:
- Praised the success of a campaign by the Gazette and sister paper the Essex County Standard to find 100 apprenticeships in 100 days for youngsters
- Highlighted Colchester as a key seat in next year’s general election
- Emphasised the safety of youngsters was of paramount importance in relation to the future of school crossing patrols in Essex
- Claimed the increased use of food banks was partly down to a rise in advertising about their existence
- Stressed to would-be Ukip voters his party had the only plan to deliver changes to the European Union.
For the full story, see Tuesday's Gazette
Comments are closed on this article.