Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting GAZETTE NEWS to 80360, or email
Dog rescued during house fire in Colchester
1:05pm Saturday 8th March 2014 in News
A DOG was rescued following a blaze at a home in Colchester.
Three fire crews from Colchester and Tiptree were called to a home in Beechwood Close at about 12.25pm on Saturday.
A spokesman for Essex County Fire and Rescue Service said firefighters used breathing apparatus and one hose reel to tackle the fire.
“Crews arriving at the scene reported that the whole of the ground floor of the two bedroomed terraced property was heavily smoke logged,” he said.
“The occupants of the house had escaped before firefighters arrived but crews rescued a pet dog from the property.
“There are no reported casualties.”
Comments are closed on this article.