Bouncers should now breathalyse clubbers

Gazette: Bouncers should now breathalyse clubbers Bouncers should now breathalyse clubbers

BOUNCERS in Colchester should be given breathalysers to test if customers are drunk, it is claimed.

Shaun Boughton, a Lib Dem activist, wants Colchester Council to trial a scheme in a bid to reduce alcohol-fuelled trouble.

Door staff would be given breathalysers to test revellers believed to be drunk.

It is hoped the scheme would deter customers from binge drinking – particularly drinking before they leave home – and give bouncers an extra tool to turn rowdy customers away.

Mr Boughton, from Wivenhoe, said: “What has been happening in Colchester is not acceptable.

“This would allow bouncers to see exactly how much people have drunk. If we’re serious, this is what we have to do.

“This is the only way people would stop getting too drunk before they go out.”

Osman Rasih, who runs the Silk Road in Queen Street, said bouncers testing revellers would be long-winded.

He said: “I appreciate people trying to make a difference, but if your security is experienced enough, they should be able to spot that sort of thing anyway.

“I would say security in all clubs needs to be more proactive in passing on information when they have someone thrown out of a club or refused entry.

“We are linked by radio to places close to us, like Fashion, TP’s and Roberts, but often we won’t hear about things going on in High Street or Head Street.

“I think the onus should be more on communication.”

The plan will be added to work being carried out by a group of councillors looking into alcohol-fuelled antisocial behaviour in Colchester town centre.

Bill Frame, councillor for the town’s Castle ward and chairman of the group, said introducing breathalsers would be considered.

He said: “We are open to any suggestions that will enhance the night-time economy in Colchester.

“With breathalysers, all pubs and clubs have to do it, or none of them will.

“If everyone is on board and people are refused entry wherever they are trying to get into, you can be sure they won’t be in the same state the next week.”

The group is set to publish a report in March.

Comments (24)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:43am Wed 15 Jan 14

wormshero says...

I think they're better off just using their judgement. Some people get unruly after a few drinks, some people don't really change after considerably more. Everyone has a different reaction to alcohol. I do think more should be done to stop overly drunk people going into bars, but i think that's largely down to bouncers not stopping those they clearly should.
I think they're better off just using their judgement. Some people get unruly after a few drinks, some people don't really change after considerably more. Everyone has a different reaction to alcohol. I do think more should be done to stop overly drunk people going into bars, but i think that's largely down to bouncers not stopping those they clearly should. wormshero
  • Score: 7

8:16am Wed 15 Jan 14

Ritchie_Hicks says...

Totally impractical.

For a start, a high majority of people are over the drink drive limit after two pints of 5.0% lager. Also, some people react to alcohol differently - some get aggressive, some get happy/cuddly and some sombre.

As mentioned before – it's going to have to be better judgement of the door staff.

Half of the people in town on a Friday or Saturday night are half cut before they even get there!
Totally impractical. For a start, a high majority of people are over the drink drive limit after two pints of 5.0% lager. Also, some people react to alcohol differently - some get aggressive, some get happy/cuddly and some sombre. As mentioned before – it's going to have to be better judgement of the door staff. Half of the people in town on a Friday or Saturday night are half cut before they even get there! Ritchie_Hicks
  • Score: 2

8:43am Wed 15 Jan 14

jammin says...

Being over the drink drive limit doesn't make you drunk!

They wont implement this...think of all the business they will lose turning away patrons?? Or is the plan to get them to only buy drinks inside? You can be this drunk as long as you've bought the drinks here!
Being over the drink drive limit doesn't make you drunk! They wont implement this...think of all the business they will lose turning away patrons?? Or is the plan to get them to only buy drinks inside? You can be this drunk as long as you've bought the drinks here! jammin
  • Score: 6

9:09am Wed 15 Jan 14

B1gman says...

What an absolutely stupid idea broughr to us by by the same people who thought the vaf and the bus station move were good ideas. What a bunch of prats !!
What an absolutely stupid idea broughr to us by by the same people who thought the vaf and the bus station move were good ideas. What a bunch of prats !! B1gman
  • Score: 3

9:42am Wed 15 Jan 14

A Very Private Gentleman says...

YES BUT FIRST LETS US BREATH TEST THE BOUNCERS AND DRUG TEST THEM FOR STEROIDS AND ALL THE OTHER S**TE THAT IS PROBABLY LURKING AROUND IN THEIR GREY MATTER.
I NOTICE THE S.I.A. ARE TURNING A BLIND EYE TO SOME OF THEM WITH PAST CRIMINAL OFFENCES;
THAT QUANGO WAS BROUGHT IN TO REGULATE THEM & WHAT A SHAMBLES OF A JOB IT HAS DONE:
WONT BE LONG BEFORE THEY KILL SOMEONE IN THE DOOR
ANYONE REMEMBER THE ATHENA NORTH HILL 1974?
NO YOU DON'T BECAUSE MOST OF YOU ARE OUTSIDERS!
JACK EDWARDS -
YES BUT FIRST LETS US BREATH TEST THE BOUNCERS AND DRUG TEST THEM FOR STEROIDS AND ALL THE OTHER S**TE THAT IS PROBABLY LURKING AROUND IN THEIR GREY MATTER. I NOTICE THE S.I.A. ARE TURNING A BLIND EYE TO SOME OF THEM WITH PAST CRIMINAL OFFENCES; THAT QUANGO WAS BROUGHT IN TO REGULATE THEM & WHAT A SHAMBLES OF A JOB IT HAS DONE: WONT BE LONG BEFORE THEY KILL SOMEONE IN THE DOOR ANYONE REMEMBER THE ATHENA NORTH HILL 1974? NO YOU DON'T BECAUSE MOST OF YOU ARE OUTSIDERS! JACK EDWARDS - A Very Private Gentleman
  • Score: 1

10:07am Wed 15 Jan 14

wormshero says...

I didn't see anyone mention a drink-drive limit? Breathaliser's give a read out, not a fixed yes or no based on a set limit - I still think it's a terrible idea, but they're not implying that anyone who has had more than two drinks won't be allowed in.
I didn't see anyone mention a drink-drive limit? Breathaliser's give a read out, not a fixed yes or no based on a set limit - I still think it's a terrible idea, but they're not implying that anyone who has had more than two drinks won't be allowed in. wormshero
  • Score: 0

10:37am Wed 15 Jan 14

jammin says...

Wormshero - Ritchie_Hicks mentioned the DD limit - so there!
Wormshero - Ritchie_Hicks mentioned the DD limit - so there! jammin
  • Score: -3

11:31am Wed 15 Jan 14

Scoot says...

Osman Rasih, who runs the Silk Road in Queen Street, said bouncers testing revellers would be long-winded.

He said: “I appreciate people trying to make a difference, but if your security is experienced enough, they should be able to spot that sort of thing anyway.

Hmm, interesting Osman, someone who has been on the door many years and now is one of your employees clearly showed he couldn't spot that sort of thing when on national TV he let a female into your establishment who was clearly 'bladdered' who told him she couldn't walk straight because she had new shoes on !
However breathalysing punters will only lead to delays at the doors which will result in no doubt a few drunken fights on the streets.
Maybe the solution as I said before when the Co-Op stopped selling super strength lager (drunk by the homeless and poor alcoholics who need support) which was heralded by CBC, the real solution is to ban selling spirits to anyone under 30. That would stop the binge drinkers leaving home drunk.
Osman Rasih, who runs the Silk Road in Queen Street, said bouncers testing revellers would be long-winded. He said: “I appreciate people trying to make a difference, but if your security is experienced enough, they should be able to spot that sort of thing anyway. Hmm, interesting Osman, someone who has been on the door many years and now is one of your employees clearly showed he couldn't spot that sort of thing when on national TV he let a female into your establishment who was clearly 'bladdered' who told him she couldn't walk straight because she had new shoes on ! However breathalysing punters will only lead to delays at the doors which will result in no doubt a few drunken fights on the streets. Maybe the solution as I said before when the Co-Op stopped selling super strength lager (drunk by the homeless and poor alcoholics who need support) which was heralded by CBC, the real solution is to ban selling spirits to anyone under 30. That would stop the binge drinkers leaving home drunk. Scoot
  • Score: 5

12:28pm Wed 15 Jan 14

karen f says...

Scoot wrote:
Osman Rasih, who runs the Silk Road in Queen Street, said bouncers testing revellers would be long-winded.

He said: “I appreciate people trying to make a difference, but if your security is experienced enough, they should be able to spot that sort of thing anyway.

Hmm, interesting Osman, someone who has been on the door many years and now is one of your employees clearly showed he couldn't spot that sort of thing when on national TV he let a female into your establishment who was clearly 'bladdered' who told him she couldn't walk straight because she had new shoes on !
However breathalysing punters will only lead to delays at the doors which will result in no doubt a few drunken fights on the streets.
Maybe the solution as I said before when the Co-Op stopped selling super strength lager (drunk by the homeless and poor alcoholics who need support) which was heralded by CBC, the real solution is to ban selling spirits to anyone under 30. That would stop the binge drinkers leaving home drunk.
Unfortunately, although I agree with everything you have written, it is unlikely that anyone under 30 will be refused alcohol in shops. You cannot discriminate, after all, our legal drinking age is 18.
The whole system regarding alcohol needs a complete shake-up and it needs to come from the top of the tree (government). A few suggestions of my own are:

1) Raise the legal drinking age to 21 in venues that serve alcohol
2) Tougher licensing laws ie late-night venues to shut at 1am thus hopefully reducing the misery of local residents around these venues by a few hours
3) Tightening up the sale of alcohol within supermarkets and putting a fixed price on a unit of alcohol
4) More police visible on the streets at chucking out time so they are on hand to deal with any violence as quickly and efficiently as possible
5) Introduce the polycarbonate glasses and PET bottles that are the most common weapon used in alcohol-related violence into all late-night venues as terms of their license
6) I think most pubs/clubs have CCTV cameras on their front doors, the licensing authorities should spot-check these venues and ask to see footage. If there is any proof that people are being admitted to the venue whilst under the influence, they should be fined on the spot. They would soon learn then!
7) Pre-loading is a problem. If the pubs and clubs were to close at 1am this would hopefully be reduced. As it stands now, someone can go out at 11pm already worse for wear and still have 4-5 hours of drinking time ahead of them (depending where you are in the country) ... ridiculous!
8) I find it disturbing that it's been reported that the venues around town are not all in contact with each other. This is a must surely?

These are just my own personal views, let's remember there are 1.2 million incidents of alcohol-related violence recorded each year, these cost the NHS alone £1.7 billion. This does not include costs incurred by the police, courts, councils and us, the taxpayers.
[quote][p][bold]Scoot[/bold] wrote: Osman Rasih, who runs the Silk Road in Queen Street, said bouncers testing revellers would be long-winded. He said: “I appreciate people trying to make a difference, but if your security is experienced enough, they should be able to spot that sort of thing anyway. Hmm, interesting Osman, someone who has been on the door many years and now is one of your employees clearly showed he couldn't spot that sort of thing when on national TV he let a female into your establishment who was clearly 'bladdered' who told him she couldn't walk straight because she had new shoes on ! However breathalysing punters will only lead to delays at the doors which will result in no doubt a few drunken fights on the streets. Maybe the solution as I said before when the Co-Op stopped selling super strength lager (drunk by the homeless and poor alcoholics who need support) which was heralded by CBC, the real solution is to ban selling spirits to anyone under 30. That would stop the binge drinkers leaving home drunk.[/p][/quote]Unfortunately, although I agree with everything you have written, it is unlikely that anyone under 30 will be refused alcohol in shops. You cannot discriminate, after all, our legal drinking age is 18. The whole system regarding alcohol needs a complete shake-up and it needs to come from the top of the tree (government). A few suggestions of my own are: 1) Raise the legal drinking age to 21 in venues that serve alcohol 2) Tougher licensing laws ie late-night venues to shut at 1am thus hopefully reducing the misery of local residents around these venues by a few hours 3) Tightening up the sale of alcohol within supermarkets and putting a fixed price on a unit of alcohol 4) More police visible on the streets at chucking out time so they are on hand to deal with any violence as quickly and efficiently as possible 5) Introduce the polycarbonate glasses and PET bottles that are the most common weapon used in alcohol-related violence into all late-night venues as terms of their license 6) I think most pubs/clubs have CCTV cameras on their front doors, the licensing authorities should spot-check these venues and ask to see footage. If there is any proof that people are being admitted to the venue whilst under the influence, they should be fined on the spot. They would soon learn then! 7) Pre-loading is a problem. If the pubs and clubs were to close at 1am this would hopefully be reduced. As it stands now, someone can go out at 11pm already worse for wear and still have 4-5 hours of drinking time ahead of them (depending where you are in the country) ... ridiculous! 8) I find it disturbing that it's been reported that the venues around town are not all in contact with each other. This is a must surely? These are just my own personal views, let's remember there are 1.2 million incidents of alcohol-related violence recorded each year, these cost the NHS alone £1.7 billion. This does not include costs incurred by the police, courts, councils and us, the taxpayers. karen f
  • Score: -2

12:34pm Wed 15 Jan 14

karen f says...

That will teach me not to read my comment before posting first ... No 5 should read:

Introduce the polycarbonate glasses and PET bottles instead of glasses/bottles which are the most common weapon used in alcohol-related violence into all late-night venues as terms of their license
That will teach me not to read my comment before posting first ... No 5 should read: Introduce the polycarbonate glasses and PET bottles instead of glasses/bottles which are the most common weapon used in alcohol-related violence into all late-night venues as terms of their license karen f
  • Score: 0

12:37pm Wed 15 Jan 14

wormshero says...

jammin wrote:
Wormshero - Ritchie_Hicks mentioned the DD limit - so there!
Yes, I was questioning his post....
[quote][p][bold]jammin[/bold] wrote: Wormshero - Ritchie_Hicks mentioned the DD limit - so there![/p][/quote]Yes, I was questioning his post.... wormshero
  • Score: 0

1:05pm Wed 15 Jan 14

Scoot says...

Karen, You have many good points but you can discriminate. After all Colchester Borough Council in all its wisdom have managed to get the Co-Op to withdraw the sale of super strength lagers as this would stop crime and trouble in the Town centre. The people being discriminated here are the homeless and the alcoholics who need support with their problems as opposed to trying to ethnically cleanse the town centre. So why not discriminate against the binge drinkers (vast majority sub 30) who also cause as much trouble (if not more !) and commit crimes (vandalism, GBH, ABH, Drug abuse) Or like CBC do we turn a blind eye to this and take the view that someone sleeping under a duvet in a house shouldn't be discriminated against as opposed to those sleeping in shop doorways who should.
Karen, You have many good points but you can discriminate. After all Colchester Borough Council in all its wisdom have managed to get the Co-Op to withdraw the sale of super strength lagers as this would stop crime and trouble in the Town centre. The people being discriminated here are the homeless and the alcoholics who need support with their problems as opposed to trying to ethnically cleanse the town centre. So why not discriminate against the binge drinkers (vast majority sub 30) who also cause as much trouble (if not more !) and commit crimes (vandalism, GBH, ABH, Drug abuse) Or like CBC do we turn a blind eye to this and take the view that someone sleeping under a duvet in a house shouldn't be discriminated against as opposed to those sleeping in shop doorways who should. Scoot
  • Score: 0

2:03pm Wed 15 Jan 14

karen f says...

Scoot wrote:
Karen, You have many good points but you can discriminate. After all Colchester Borough Council in all its wisdom have managed to get the Co-Op to withdraw the sale of super strength lagers as this would stop crime and trouble in the Town centre. The people being discriminated here are the homeless and the alcoholics who need support with their problems as opposed to trying to ethnically cleanse the town centre. So why not discriminate against the binge drinkers (vast majority sub 30) who also cause as much trouble (if not more !) and commit crimes (vandalism, GBH, ABH, Drug abuse) Or like CBC do we turn a blind eye to this and take the view that someone sleeping under a duvet in a house shouldn't be discriminated against as opposed to those sleeping in shop doorways who should.
Scoot, I can see what you're saying but when I say about discrimination I mean you can't have a legal drinking age of 18 out there in the big wide world (pubs/clubs/restaura
nts etc), but then stop people under 30 from buying alcohol in shops. Not all people who purchase alcohol over the counter are pre-loading, to enforce your idea would be unfair to us law-abiding citizens who just want to chill with a glass of wine or a beer after a hard day/week in the comfort of our own homes. Not everyone under 30 blows their weeks' wages in the town centre every weekend and then goes on to cause trouble.

I do not see that taking super-strength lagers off the shelves is discriminating against someone because they are unfortunate enough to sleep in a shop doorway but helping them with some of their issues, health being one of them. For them to be on the streets in the first place is a crime in itself.

Turning a blind eye is not an option to the problems we in Colchester and the whole of the UK face with regards to alcohol-related issues on our streets but let's think about it and get it right once and for all before we lose control completely.
[quote][p][bold]Scoot[/bold] wrote: Karen, You have many good points but you can discriminate. After all Colchester Borough Council in all its wisdom have managed to get the Co-Op to withdraw the sale of super strength lagers as this would stop crime and trouble in the Town centre. The people being discriminated here are the homeless and the alcoholics who need support with their problems as opposed to trying to ethnically cleanse the town centre. So why not discriminate against the binge drinkers (vast majority sub 30) who also cause as much trouble (if not more !) and commit crimes (vandalism, GBH, ABH, Drug abuse) Or like CBC do we turn a blind eye to this and take the view that someone sleeping under a duvet in a house shouldn't be discriminated against as opposed to those sleeping in shop doorways who should.[/p][/quote]Scoot, I can see what you're saying but when I say about discrimination I mean you can't have a legal drinking age of 18 out there in the big wide world (pubs/clubs/restaura nts etc), but then stop people under 30 from buying alcohol in shops. Not all people who purchase alcohol over the counter are pre-loading, to enforce your idea would be unfair to us law-abiding citizens who just want to chill with a glass of wine or a beer after a hard day/week in the comfort of our own homes. Not everyone under 30 blows their weeks' wages in the town centre every weekend and then goes on to cause trouble. I do not see that taking super-strength lagers off the shelves is discriminating against someone because they are unfortunate enough to sleep in a shop doorway but helping them with some of their issues, health being one of them. For them to be on the streets in the first place is a crime in itself. Turning a blind eye is not an option to the problems we in Colchester and the whole of the UK face with regards to alcohol-related issues on our streets but let's think about it and get it right once and for all before we lose control completely. karen f
  • Score: 0

2:30pm Wed 15 Jan 14

Scoot says...

Karen, I am a bit confused here. You say that you can't have a legal drinking age of 18 but then stop people under 30 buying it in shops. Surely the same applies for the homeless (who probably only get enough together to buy a couple of cans of super strength). So what about those law abiding citizens who might want to buy some super strength beer because they just want 1 can as opposed to 4 ? Yes, you could argue that removing this stuff from the shelves helps them with their issues including health, but likewise, if you swig down half a bottle of Vodka at home, as many do prior to going out on a Friday and/or Saturday then don't they too have issues, health problems ? I bet if you go to A&E on a Friday and Saturday night (and maybe other days) the vast majority of people in their with drink related injuries (including excess alcohol) will be the under 30's as opposed to the homeless. So who then has the real problem with alcohol ? What I am trying to say is that every sector of society that has problems with alcohol should be treated on a level playing field. The minority will no doubt be penalised but if the drink problems of the under 30's aren't tackled sooner then a few people swigging super strength lager in the priory grounds will be the least of our worries in a few years as the outpatients/inpatien
ts at the General mount up.
Karen, I am a bit confused here. You say that you can't have a legal drinking age of 18 but then stop people under 30 buying it in shops. Surely the same applies for the homeless (who probably only get enough together to buy a couple of cans of super strength). So what about those law abiding citizens who might want to buy some super strength beer because they just want 1 can as opposed to 4 ? Yes, you could argue that removing this stuff from the shelves helps them with their issues including health, but likewise, if you swig down half a bottle of Vodka at home, as many do prior to going out on a Friday and/or Saturday then don't they too have issues, health problems ? I bet if you go to A&E on a Friday and Saturday night (and maybe other days) the vast majority of people in their with drink related injuries (including excess alcohol) will be the under 30's as opposed to the homeless. So who then has the real problem with alcohol ? What I am trying to say is that every sector of society that has problems with alcohol should be treated on a level playing field. The minority will no doubt be penalised but if the drink problems of the under 30's aren't tackled sooner then a few people swigging super strength lager in the priory grounds will be the least of our worries in a few years as the outpatients/inpatien ts at the General mount up. Scoot
  • Score: 0

3:14pm Wed 15 Jan 14

karen f says...

Sorry if you're confused. In my first comment I said about raising the legal age limit for alcohol, I suggested 21 instead of 18 as it currently stands. If we're talking level playing fields then I personally think that all places where alcohol can be bought should hold the same age restriction.

If it was kept at 18 and your suggestion came into force then we would be sending our teenagers out of a night time with a free pass to buying alcohol at any establishment that has a license to sell it and yet they wouldn't be able to go to a supermarket and buy it and nor would anyone else under the age of 30. I do not see how that is going to help the alcohol-related violence issue within our town and city centres.

If the age limit were raised to 21 (25 I think it is in America), for no alcohol to be bought anywhere then these youngsters are being given another 3 years at least to become more aware and responsible where consumption of alcohol is concerned, easing pressure on health and the NHS.

Why do supermarkets need to be able to sell alcohol at 8am in the morning anyway? The fact that they do not even make a profit on their alcohol sales because they sell it so cheaply is all wrong. Their profits come from other areas within the store. Time restrictions should be in place ie they can only sell alcohol between 11am and 7pm. This would not only help with the health and pre-loading problems, it wouldn't affect their profit margin either.
Sorry if you're confused. In my first comment I said about raising the legal age limit for alcohol, I suggested 21 instead of 18 as it currently stands. If we're talking level playing fields then I personally think that all places where alcohol can be bought should hold the same age restriction. If it was kept at 18 and your suggestion came into force then we would be sending our teenagers out of a night time with a free pass to buying alcohol at any establishment that has a license to sell it and yet they wouldn't be able to go to a supermarket and buy it and nor would anyone else under the age of 30. I do not see how that is going to help the alcohol-related violence issue within our town and city centres. If the age limit were raised to 21 (25 I think it is in America), for no alcohol to be bought anywhere then these youngsters are being given another 3 years at least to become more aware and responsible where consumption of alcohol is concerned, easing pressure on health and the NHS. Why do supermarkets need to be able to sell alcohol at 8am in the morning anyway? The fact that they do not even make a profit on their alcohol sales because they sell it so cheaply is all wrong. Their profits come from other areas within the store. Time restrictions should be in place ie they can only sell alcohol between 11am and 7pm. This would not only help with the health and pre-loading problems, it wouldn't affect their profit margin either. karen f
  • Score: -1

3:50pm Wed 15 Jan 14

Mail Member 4 Colchester says...

A Very Private Gentleman wrote:
YES BUT FIRST LETS US BREATH TEST THE BOUNCERS AND DRUG TEST THEM FOR STEROIDS AND ALL THE OTHER S**TE THAT IS PROBABLY LURKING AROUND IN THEIR GREY MATTER.
I NOTICE THE S.I.A. ARE TURNING A BLIND EYE TO SOME OF THEM WITH PAST CRIMINAL OFFENCES;
THAT QUANGO WAS BROUGHT IN TO REGULATE THEM & WHAT A SHAMBLES OF A JOB IT HAS DONE:
WONT BE LONG BEFORE THEY KILL SOMEONE IN THE DOOR
ANYONE REMEMBER THE ATHENA NORTH HILL 1974?
NO YOU DON'T BECAUSE MOST OF YOU ARE OUTSIDERS!
JACK EDWARDS -
I don't think any other word than extraordinary can be applied to your posts. I particularly appreciate a xenophobia that is not only in keeping with the wonderful UKIP, but even goes as far as to hate people who are not from Colchester. Clearly, if you don't remember 'ATHENA NORTH HILL 1974', then this would have nothing to do with the fact that it was 40 years ago, or that you'd have to be in your 50s to have any idea what you're going on about.

Your comments are just amazing, please, keep them coming.
[quote][p][bold]A Very Private Gentleman[/bold] wrote: YES BUT FIRST LETS US BREATH TEST THE BOUNCERS AND DRUG TEST THEM FOR STEROIDS AND ALL THE OTHER S**TE THAT IS PROBABLY LURKING AROUND IN THEIR GREY MATTER. I NOTICE THE S.I.A. ARE TURNING A BLIND EYE TO SOME OF THEM WITH PAST CRIMINAL OFFENCES; THAT QUANGO WAS BROUGHT IN TO REGULATE THEM & WHAT A SHAMBLES OF A JOB IT HAS DONE: WONT BE LONG BEFORE THEY KILL SOMEONE IN THE DOOR ANYONE REMEMBER THE ATHENA NORTH HILL 1974? NO YOU DON'T BECAUSE MOST OF YOU ARE OUTSIDERS! JACK EDWARDS -[/p][/quote]I don't think any other word than extraordinary can be applied to your posts. I particularly appreciate a xenophobia that is not only in keeping with the wonderful UKIP, but even goes as far as to hate people who are not from Colchester. Clearly, if you don't remember 'ATHENA NORTH HILL 1974', then this would have nothing to do with the fact that it was 40 years ago, or that you'd have to be in your 50s to have any idea what you're going on about. Your comments are just amazing, please, keep them coming. Mail Member 4 Colchester
  • Score: 0

4:51pm Wed 15 Jan 14

totallyfootball says...

No need for a breath test, just stop the idiots serving the other idiots that have already had too much to drink, its not rocket science is it?
No need for a breath test, just stop the idiots serving the other idiots that have already had too much to drink, its not rocket science is it? totallyfootball
  • Score: 2

8:00pm Wed 15 Jan 14

Top-Gun says...

Mail Member 4 Colchester wrote:
A Very Private Gentleman wrote:
YES BUT FIRST LETS US BREATH TEST THE BOUNCERS AND DRUG TEST THEM FOR STEROIDS AND ALL THE OTHER S**TE THAT IS PROBABLY LURKING AROUND IN THEIR GREY MATTER.
I NOTICE THE S.I.A. ARE TURNING A BLIND EYE TO SOME OF THEM WITH PAST CRIMINAL OFFENCES;
THAT QUANGO WAS BROUGHT IN TO REGULATE THEM & WHAT A SHAMBLES OF A JOB IT HAS DONE:
WONT BE LONG BEFORE THEY KILL SOMEONE IN THE DOOR
ANYONE REMEMBER THE ATHENA NORTH HILL 1974?
NO YOU DON'T BECAUSE MOST OF YOU ARE OUTSIDERS!
JACK EDWARDS -
I don't think any other word than extraordinary can be applied to your posts. I particularly appreciate a xenophobia that is not only in keeping with the wonderful UKIP, but even goes as far as to hate people who are not from Colchester. Clearly, if you don't remember 'ATHENA NORTH HILL 1974', then this would have nothing to do with the fact that it was 40 years ago, or that you'd have to be in your 50s to have any idea what you're going on about.

Your comments are just amazing, please, keep them coming.
im local and about his age 55 i remember the murder of a solider outside the club
i was at one of the s**t holes they called a secondary modern school back then
what's xenophobic about a dead guy in a body bag
you dont like the old boys posts why?
i reckon on the fact that everything that is said,,, indirectly has some implication to you by any chance?
mail member 4 what is that a PO Box number why dont you go and lock yourself in there horrible individual.
i find mr edwards posts most gentlemanly and fairly private.
i think you will find he is a tory! nothing wrong or right with ukip though?
your comments are rubbish by the way please do not keep them coming
Roger Out!!!
[quote][p][bold]Mail Member 4 Colchester[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]A Very Private Gentleman[/bold] wrote: YES BUT FIRST LETS US BREATH TEST THE BOUNCERS AND DRUG TEST THEM FOR STEROIDS AND ALL THE OTHER S**TE THAT IS PROBABLY LURKING AROUND IN THEIR GREY MATTER. I NOTICE THE S.I.A. ARE TURNING A BLIND EYE TO SOME OF THEM WITH PAST CRIMINAL OFFENCES; THAT QUANGO WAS BROUGHT IN TO REGULATE THEM & WHAT A SHAMBLES OF A JOB IT HAS DONE: WONT BE LONG BEFORE THEY KILL SOMEONE IN THE DOOR ANYONE REMEMBER THE ATHENA NORTH HILL 1974? NO YOU DON'T BECAUSE MOST OF YOU ARE OUTSIDERS! JACK EDWARDS -[/p][/quote]I don't think any other word than extraordinary can be applied to your posts. I particularly appreciate a xenophobia that is not only in keeping with the wonderful UKIP, but even goes as far as to hate people who are not from Colchester. Clearly, if you don't remember 'ATHENA NORTH HILL 1974', then this would have nothing to do with the fact that it was 40 years ago, or that you'd have to be in your 50s to have any idea what you're going on about. Your comments are just amazing, please, keep them coming.[/p][/quote]im local and about his age 55 i remember the murder of a solider outside the club i was at one of the s**t holes they called a secondary modern school back then what's xenophobic about a dead guy in a body bag you dont like the old boys posts why? i reckon on the fact that everything that is said,,, indirectly has some implication to you by any chance? mail member 4 what is that a PO Box number why dont you go and lock yourself in there horrible individual. i find mr edwards posts most gentlemanly and fairly private. i think you will find he is a tory! nothing wrong or right with ukip though? your comments are rubbish by the way please do not keep them coming Roger Out!!! Top-Gun
  • Score: -3

10:08am Thu 16 Jan 14

Mail Member 4 Colchester says...

Top-Gun wrote:
Mail Member 4 Colchester wrote:
A Very Private Gentleman wrote:
YES BUT FIRST LETS US BREATH TEST THE BOUNCERS AND DRUG TEST THEM FOR STEROIDS AND ALL THE OTHER S**TE THAT IS PROBABLY LURKING AROUND IN THEIR GREY MATTER.
I NOTICE THE S.I.A. ARE TURNING A BLIND EYE TO SOME OF THEM WITH PAST CRIMINAL OFFENCES;
THAT QUANGO WAS BROUGHT IN TO REGULATE THEM & WHAT A SHAMBLES OF A JOB IT HAS DONE:
WONT BE LONG BEFORE THEY KILL SOMEONE IN THE DOOR
ANYONE REMEMBER THE ATHENA NORTH HILL 1974?
NO YOU DON'T BECAUSE MOST OF YOU ARE OUTSIDERS!
JACK EDWARDS -
I don't think any other word than extraordinary can be applied to your posts. I particularly appreciate a xenophobia that is not only in keeping with the wonderful UKIP, but even goes as far as to hate people who are not from Colchester. Clearly, if you don't remember 'ATHENA NORTH HILL 1974', then this would have nothing to do with the fact that it was 40 years ago, or that you'd have to be in your 50s to have any idea what you're going on about.

Your comments are just amazing, please, keep them coming.
im local and about his age 55 i remember the murder of a solider outside the club
i was at one of the s**t holes they called a secondary modern school back then
what's xenophobic about a dead guy in a body bag
you dont like the old boys posts why?
i reckon on the fact that everything that is said,,, indirectly has some implication to you by any chance?
mail member 4 what is that a PO Box number why dont you go and lock yourself in there horrible individual.
i find mr edwards posts most gentlemanly and fairly private.
i think you will find he is a tory! nothing wrong or right with ukip though?
your comments are rubbish by the way please do not keep them coming
Roger Out!!!
Wow, just wow, I'm really not sure how to respond to this, other than to send my most sincere apologies, I really didn't mean to cause any offence. I just hope Jack Edwards doesn't feel the same way, somebody you're obviously very close to, but who is also clearly a totally different person, as we can all see by the fact that your posts have an inability to use any capitals whatsoever, whereas Jack's caps lock is stuck on. Anyway, as I'm merely in my mid 40s, I have little memory of 1974, nor do I know much about the old trades, so what did a 'solider' do?

Anyway, once again,
My apologies,
Which I hope you do accept,
While bashing the return,
Key,
After,
Every,
Single,
Bloody,
Punctuation,
Mark.
It's a fantastic writing style you have.
Like a poet.
[quote][p][bold]Top-Gun[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mail Member 4 Colchester[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]A Very Private Gentleman[/bold] wrote: YES BUT FIRST LETS US BREATH TEST THE BOUNCERS AND DRUG TEST THEM FOR STEROIDS AND ALL THE OTHER S**TE THAT IS PROBABLY LURKING AROUND IN THEIR GREY MATTER. I NOTICE THE S.I.A. ARE TURNING A BLIND EYE TO SOME OF THEM WITH PAST CRIMINAL OFFENCES; THAT QUANGO WAS BROUGHT IN TO REGULATE THEM & WHAT A SHAMBLES OF A JOB IT HAS DONE: WONT BE LONG BEFORE THEY KILL SOMEONE IN THE DOOR ANYONE REMEMBER THE ATHENA NORTH HILL 1974? NO YOU DON'T BECAUSE MOST OF YOU ARE OUTSIDERS! JACK EDWARDS -[/p][/quote]I don't think any other word than extraordinary can be applied to your posts. I particularly appreciate a xenophobia that is not only in keeping with the wonderful UKIP, but even goes as far as to hate people who are not from Colchester. Clearly, if you don't remember 'ATHENA NORTH HILL 1974', then this would have nothing to do with the fact that it was 40 years ago, or that you'd have to be in your 50s to have any idea what you're going on about. Your comments are just amazing, please, keep them coming.[/p][/quote]im local and about his age 55 i remember the murder of a solider outside the club i was at one of the s**t holes they called a secondary modern school back then what's xenophobic about a dead guy in a body bag you dont like the old boys posts why? i reckon on the fact that everything that is said,,, indirectly has some implication to you by any chance? mail member 4 what is that a PO Box number why dont you go and lock yourself in there horrible individual. i find mr edwards posts most gentlemanly and fairly private. i think you will find he is a tory! nothing wrong or right with ukip though? your comments are rubbish by the way please do not keep them coming Roger Out!!![/p][/quote]Wow, just wow, I'm really not sure how to respond to this, other than to send my most sincere apologies, I really didn't mean to cause any offence. I just hope Jack Edwards doesn't feel the same way, somebody you're obviously very close to, but who is also clearly a totally different person, as we can all see by the fact that your posts have an inability to use any capitals whatsoever, whereas Jack's caps lock is stuck on. Anyway, as I'm merely in my mid 40s, I have little memory of 1974, nor do I know much about the old trades, so what did a 'solider' do? Anyway, once again, My apologies, Which I hope you do accept, While bashing the return, Key, After, Every, Single, Bloody, Punctuation, Mark. It's a fantastic writing style you have. Like a poet. Mail Member 4 Colchester
  • Score: 3

5:33pm Thu 16 Jan 14

HARRY438 says...

Why not - they have been taking the p*ss( urine samples) for years
Why not - they have been taking the p*ss( urine samples) for years HARRY438
  • Score: 0

1:40pm Fri 17 Jan 14

romantic says...

Top-Gun wrote:
Mail Member 4 Colchester wrote:
A Very Private Gentleman wrote:
YES BUT FIRST LETS US BREATH TEST THE BOUNCERS AND DRUG TEST THEM FOR STEROIDS AND ALL THE OTHER S**TE THAT IS PROBABLY LURKING AROUND IN THEIR GREY MATTER.
I NOTICE THE S.I.A. ARE TURNING A BLIND EYE TO SOME OF THEM WITH PAST CRIMINAL OFFENCES;
THAT QUANGO WAS BROUGHT IN TO REGULATE THEM & WHAT A SHAMBLES OF A JOB IT HAS DONE:
WONT BE LONG BEFORE THEY KILL SOMEONE IN THE DOOR
ANYONE REMEMBER THE ATHENA NORTH HILL 1974?
NO YOU DON'T BECAUSE MOST OF YOU ARE OUTSIDERS!
JACK EDWARDS -
I don't think any other word than extraordinary can be applied to your posts. I particularly appreciate a xenophobia that is not only in keeping with the wonderful UKIP, but even goes as far as to hate people who are not from Colchester. Clearly, if you don't remember 'ATHENA NORTH HILL 1974', then this would have nothing to do with the fact that it was 40 years ago, or that you'd have to be in your 50s to have any idea what you're going on about.

Your comments are just amazing, please, keep them coming.
im local and about his age 55 i remember the murder of a solider outside the club
i was at one of the s**t holes they called a secondary modern school back then
what's xenophobic about a dead guy in a body bag
you dont like the old boys posts why?
i reckon on the fact that everything that is said,,, indirectly has some implication to you by any chance?
mail member 4 what is that a PO Box number why dont you go and lock yourself in there horrible individual.
i find mr edwards posts most gentlemanly and fairly private.
i think you will find he is a tory! nothing wrong or right with ukip though?
your comments are rubbish by the way please do not keep them coming
Roger Out!!!
Sometimes I wonder if everybody on here is posting what are basically spoof comments, as MM4C is clearly doing - and has occasionally made clear. But sadly, I fear this is not the case. Come on, guys, if you're doing spoof posts too, let us know and I will rest a bit easier tonight.
[quote][p][bold]Top-Gun[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mail Member 4 Colchester[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]A Very Private Gentleman[/bold] wrote: YES BUT FIRST LETS US BREATH TEST THE BOUNCERS AND DRUG TEST THEM FOR STEROIDS AND ALL THE OTHER S**TE THAT IS PROBABLY LURKING AROUND IN THEIR GREY MATTER. I NOTICE THE S.I.A. ARE TURNING A BLIND EYE TO SOME OF THEM WITH PAST CRIMINAL OFFENCES; THAT QUANGO WAS BROUGHT IN TO REGULATE THEM & WHAT A SHAMBLES OF A JOB IT HAS DONE: WONT BE LONG BEFORE THEY KILL SOMEONE IN THE DOOR ANYONE REMEMBER THE ATHENA NORTH HILL 1974? NO YOU DON'T BECAUSE MOST OF YOU ARE OUTSIDERS! JACK EDWARDS -[/p][/quote]I don't think any other word than extraordinary can be applied to your posts. I particularly appreciate a xenophobia that is not only in keeping with the wonderful UKIP, but even goes as far as to hate people who are not from Colchester. Clearly, if you don't remember 'ATHENA NORTH HILL 1974', then this would have nothing to do with the fact that it was 40 years ago, or that you'd have to be in your 50s to have any idea what you're going on about. Your comments are just amazing, please, keep them coming.[/p][/quote]im local and about his age 55 i remember the murder of a solider outside the club i was at one of the s**t holes they called a secondary modern school back then what's xenophobic about a dead guy in a body bag you dont like the old boys posts why? i reckon on the fact that everything that is said,,, indirectly has some implication to you by any chance? mail member 4 what is that a PO Box number why dont you go and lock yourself in there horrible individual. i find mr edwards posts most gentlemanly and fairly private. i think you will find he is a tory! nothing wrong or right with ukip though? your comments are rubbish by the way please do not keep them coming Roger Out!!![/p][/quote]Sometimes I wonder if everybody on here is posting what are basically spoof comments, as MM4C is clearly doing - and has occasionally made clear. But sadly, I fear this is not the case. Come on, guys, if you're doing spoof posts too, let us know and I will rest a bit easier tonight. romantic
  • Score: 0

2:58pm Fri 17 Jan 14

Mail Member 4 Colchester says...

romantic wrote:
Top-Gun wrote:
Mail Member 4 Colchester wrote:
A Very Private Gentleman wrote:
YES BUT FIRST LETS US BREATH TEST THE BOUNCERS AND DRUG TEST THEM FOR STEROIDS AND ALL THE OTHER S**TE THAT IS PROBABLY LURKING AROUND IN THEIR GREY MATTER.
I NOTICE THE S.I.A. ARE TURNING A BLIND EYE TO SOME OF THEM WITH PAST CRIMINAL OFFENCES;
THAT QUANGO WAS BROUGHT IN TO REGULATE THEM & WHAT A SHAMBLES OF A JOB IT HAS DONE:
WONT BE LONG BEFORE THEY KILL SOMEONE IN THE DOOR
ANYONE REMEMBER THE ATHENA NORTH HILL 1974?
NO YOU DON'T BECAUSE MOST OF YOU ARE OUTSIDERS!
JACK EDWARDS -
I don't think any other word than extraordinary can be applied to your posts. I particularly appreciate a xenophobia that is not only in keeping with the wonderful UKIP, but even goes as far as to hate people who are not from Colchester. Clearly, if you don't remember 'ATHENA NORTH HILL 1974', then this would have nothing to do with the fact that it was 40 years ago, or that you'd have to be in your 50s to have any idea what you're going on about.

Your comments are just amazing, please, keep them coming.
im local and about his age 55 i remember the murder of a solider outside the club
i was at one of the s**t holes they called a secondary modern school back then
what's xenophobic about a dead guy in a body bag
you dont like the old boys posts why?
i reckon on the fact that everything that is said,,, indirectly has some implication to you by any chance?
mail member 4 what is that a PO Box number why dont you go and lock yourself in there horrible individual.
i find mr edwards posts most gentlemanly and fairly private.
i think you will find he is a tory! nothing wrong or right with ukip though?
your comments are rubbish by the way please do not keep them coming
Roger Out!!!
Sometimes I wonder if everybody on here is posting what are basically spoof comments, as MM4C is clearly doing - and has occasionally made clear. But sadly, I fear this is not the case. Come on, guys, if you're doing spoof posts too, let us know and I will rest a bit easier tonight.
A brief note in all seriousness, I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes I feel a bit like Blackadder during his last conversation with Baldrick, when he talks about how poor his plan was to get out of going over the top by pretending to be mad. 'Who'd have noticed another mad man round here?' Still, if Private Gent/Top Gun (who is clearly the same person, the strange use (misuse)of language, the terrible grammar and spelling, and the bizarre use of the return key) was actually spoofing, it would certainly be ironic if a spoofster like me had in turn been spoofed!
[quote][p][bold]romantic[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Top-Gun[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mail Member 4 Colchester[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]A Very Private Gentleman[/bold] wrote: YES BUT FIRST LETS US BREATH TEST THE BOUNCERS AND DRUG TEST THEM FOR STEROIDS AND ALL THE OTHER S**TE THAT IS PROBABLY LURKING AROUND IN THEIR GREY MATTER. I NOTICE THE S.I.A. ARE TURNING A BLIND EYE TO SOME OF THEM WITH PAST CRIMINAL OFFENCES; THAT QUANGO WAS BROUGHT IN TO REGULATE THEM & WHAT A SHAMBLES OF A JOB IT HAS DONE: WONT BE LONG BEFORE THEY KILL SOMEONE IN THE DOOR ANYONE REMEMBER THE ATHENA NORTH HILL 1974? NO YOU DON'T BECAUSE MOST OF YOU ARE OUTSIDERS! JACK EDWARDS -[/p][/quote]I don't think any other word than extraordinary can be applied to your posts. I particularly appreciate a xenophobia that is not only in keeping with the wonderful UKIP, but even goes as far as to hate people who are not from Colchester. Clearly, if you don't remember 'ATHENA NORTH HILL 1974', then this would have nothing to do with the fact that it was 40 years ago, or that you'd have to be in your 50s to have any idea what you're going on about. Your comments are just amazing, please, keep them coming.[/p][/quote]im local and about his age 55 i remember the murder of a solider outside the club i was at one of the s**t holes they called a secondary modern school back then what's xenophobic about a dead guy in a body bag you dont like the old boys posts why? i reckon on the fact that everything that is said,,, indirectly has some implication to you by any chance? mail member 4 what is that a PO Box number why dont you go and lock yourself in there horrible individual. i find mr edwards posts most gentlemanly and fairly private. i think you will find he is a tory! nothing wrong or right with ukip though? your comments are rubbish by the way please do not keep them coming Roger Out!!![/p][/quote]Sometimes I wonder if everybody on here is posting what are basically spoof comments, as MM4C is clearly doing - and has occasionally made clear. But sadly, I fear this is not the case. Come on, guys, if you're doing spoof posts too, let us know and I will rest a bit easier tonight.[/p][/quote]A brief note in all seriousness, I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes I feel a bit like Blackadder during his last conversation with Baldrick, when he talks about how poor his plan was to get out of going over the top by pretending to be mad. 'Who'd have noticed another mad man round here?' Still, if Private Gent/Top Gun (who is clearly the same person, the strange use (misuse)of language, the terrible grammar and spelling, and the bizarre use of the return key) was actually spoofing, it would certainly be ironic if a spoofster like me had in turn been spoofed! Mail Member 4 Colchester
  • Score: 0

11:25am Sat 18 Jan 14

stevedawson says...

They are doormen not bouncers for gods sake.
They are doormen not bouncers for gods sake. stevedawson
  • Score: 0

10:56am Sun 19 Jan 14

Mail Member 4 Colchester says...

romantic wrote:
Top-Gun wrote:
Mail Member 4 Colchester wrote:
A Very Private Gentleman wrote:
YES BUT FIRST LETS US BREATH TEST THE BOUNCERS AND DRUG TEST THEM FOR STEROIDS AND ALL THE OTHER S**TE THAT IS PROBABLY LURKING AROUND IN THEIR GREY MATTER.
I NOTICE THE S.I.A. ARE TURNING A BLIND EYE TO SOME OF THEM WITH PAST CRIMINAL OFFENCES;
THAT QUANGO WAS BROUGHT IN TO REGULATE THEM & WHAT A SHAMBLES OF A JOB IT HAS DONE:
WONT BE LONG BEFORE THEY KILL SOMEONE IN THE DOOR
ANYONE REMEMBER THE ATHENA NORTH HILL 1974?
NO YOU DON'T BECAUSE MOST OF YOU ARE OUTSIDERS!
JACK EDWARDS -
I don't think any other word than extraordinary can be applied to your posts. I particularly appreciate a xenophobia that is not only in keeping with the wonderful UKIP, but even goes as far as to hate people who are not from Colchester. Clearly, if you don't remember 'ATHENA NORTH HILL 1974', then this would have nothing to do with the fact that it was 40 years ago, or that you'd have to be in your 50s to have any idea what you're going on about.

Your comments are just amazing, please, keep them coming.
im local and about his age 55 i remember the murder of a solider outside the club
i was at one of the s**t holes they called a secondary modern school back then
what's xenophobic about a dead guy in a body bag
you dont like the old boys posts why?
i reckon on the fact that everything that is said,,, indirectly has some implication to you by any chance?
mail member 4 what is that a PO Box number why dont you go and lock yourself in there horrible individual.
i find mr edwards posts most gentlemanly and fairly private.
i think you will find he is a tory! nothing wrong or right with ukip though?
your comments are rubbish by the way please do not keep them coming
Roger Out!!!
Sometimes I wonder if everybody on here is posting what are basically spoof comments, as MM4C is clearly doing - and has occasionally made clear. But sadly, I fear this is not the case. Come on, guys, if you're doing spoof posts too, let us know and I will rest a bit easier tonight.
Romantic: Have a look at Private Gentleman/Top Gun's (Jack Edwards apparently) latest comments on the no snow story. In response to me:-

'i will admit i could not work out which bit of the above post was supportive or sarcastic' (sic).

This person could really be spoofing. If you read further, you will see he talks about 'giving up' a public sector 'gold plated' pension, to enter the 'real world'. Funny thing is, when I've left jobs (whether public or private sector), the pension I've accrued has stayed with me (it's sort of the law, even if the law continually seems to attack pension rights - public - or private - sector). Or this person could be lying, and just going with the usual sort of commentary on this website, based on rumour, gossip, and media hysteria. I'll leave it to you to decide, but I don't think you'll be resting any easier tonight.
[quote][p][bold]romantic[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Top-Gun[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mail Member 4 Colchester[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]A Very Private Gentleman[/bold] wrote: YES BUT FIRST LETS US BREATH TEST THE BOUNCERS AND DRUG TEST THEM FOR STEROIDS AND ALL THE OTHER S**TE THAT IS PROBABLY LURKING AROUND IN THEIR GREY MATTER. I NOTICE THE S.I.A. ARE TURNING A BLIND EYE TO SOME OF THEM WITH PAST CRIMINAL OFFENCES; THAT QUANGO WAS BROUGHT IN TO REGULATE THEM & WHAT A SHAMBLES OF A JOB IT HAS DONE: WONT BE LONG BEFORE THEY KILL SOMEONE IN THE DOOR ANYONE REMEMBER THE ATHENA NORTH HILL 1974? NO YOU DON'T BECAUSE MOST OF YOU ARE OUTSIDERS! JACK EDWARDS -[/p][/quote]I don't think any other word than extraordinary can be applied to your posts. I particularly appreciate a xenophobia that is not only in keeping with the wonderful UKIP, but even goes as far as to hate people who are not from Colchester. Clearly, if you don't remember 'ATHENA NORTH HILL 1974', then this would have nothing to do with the fact that it was 40 years ago, or that you'd have to be in your 50s to have any idea what you're going on about. Your comments are just amazing, please, keep them coming.[/p][/quote]im local and about his age 55 i remember the murder of a solider outside the club i was at one of the s**t holes they called a secondary modern school back then what's xenophobic about a dead guy in a body bag you dont like the old boys posts why? i reckon on the fact that everything that is said,,, indirectly has some implication to you by any chance? mail member 4 what is that a PO Box number why dont you go and lock yourself in there horrible individual. i find mr edwards posts most gentlemanly and fairly private. i think you will find he is a tory! nothing wrong or right with ukip though? your comments are rubbish by the way please do not keep them coming Roger Out!!![/p][/quote]Sometimes I wonder if everybody on here is posting what are basically spoof comments, as MM4C is clearly doing - and has occasionally made clear. But sadly, I fear this is not the case. Come on, guys, if you're doing spoof posts too, let us know and I will rest a bit easier tonight.[/p][/quote]Romantic: Have a look at Private Gentleman/Top Gun's (Jack Edwards apparently) latest comments on the no snow story. In response to me:- 'i will admit i could not work out which bit of the above post was supportive or sarcastic' (sic). This person could really be spoofing. If you read further, you will see he talks about 'giving up' a public sector 'gold plated' pension, to enter the 'real world'. Funny thing is, when I've left jobs (whether public or private sector), the pension I've accrued has stayed with me (it's sort of the law, even if the law continually seems to attack pension rights - public - or private - sector). Or this person could be lying, and just going with the usual sort of commentary on this website, based on rumour, gossip, and media hysteria. I'll leave it to you to decide, but I don't think you'll be resting any easier tonight. Mail Member 4 Colchester
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree