Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting GAZETTE NEWS to 80360, or email
Tiptree shop evacuated as precaution following smell of burning
3:10pm Sunday 29th December 2013 in News
Shop staff were evacuated as a precaution after a strong smell of smoke and burning in a store room.
But firefighters could not find any sign of fire when they reached the Original Factory Shop in Kelvedon Road, Tiptree, just before 11.30am today.
A fire service spokesman said the three crews inspected the premises to make sure it was safe.
The incident is believed to have been triggered by a lighting unit.
Comments are closed on this article.