Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting GAZETTE NEWS to 80360, or email
IN TODAY'S GAZETTE:
8:03am Thursday 3rd October 2013 in News
In today's Gazette:
- A firefighter was found hanged in him home hours after being interviewed by police over allegations of sex abuse in the fire service.
- An open verdict was recorded at the inquest into the death of Martin Sibley, 48, from Colchester, who had been a fireman for 24 years.
- Rapper Cream has been in Colchester filming the video for his latest single
- A landlord has praised firefighters who saved his pub from burning down.
- Crews from Colchester and Wivenhoe were called to the Greyhound in Wivenhoe and owner William Grinsted said their swift action saved the building.
- Plans to build a flagship centre at Essex University designed by a world famous architect have been scrapped.
- Daniel Libeskind had been chosen to create a home for the university's Institute of Democracy and Conflict Resolution but the university has now chosen to have a data analysis centre instead.
For more on these and other great stories, see today's Gazette. There is always more in the paper than there is online.
Comments are closed on this article.