Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting GAZETTE NEWS to 80360, or email
Fire savages high street home in Thorpe
12:20pm Sunday 1st September 2013 in News
TWO people were left homeless after a fire tore through their house.
Crews from Weeley, Clacton and Frinton were called out to the blaze in Thorpe High Street at about 9.45pm on Saturday.
They reported that the two-storey home was heavily smoke-logged and completely alight.
Firefighters surrounded the house to tackle the blaze and worked through the night to bring the flames under control.
The fire was eventually extinguished at about 4.30am and the last crew left the scene at 11am after taking every precaution at the site.
Two people living in the house escaped unharmed but were made homeless by the blaze.
Kind-hearted neighbours took them in for the night and the Red Cross fire support attended to offer help and advice.