Driver reported after crash closes Colchester street

First published in News

A DRIVER has been reported for a number of motoring offences after a crash blocked Straight Road, Colchester.
 

Police and paramedics were called, at about 6.50am following a collision between a Land Rover Discovery and a Honda Civic at the mini roundabout junction with Dugard Avenue.
 

The drivers were treated for minor injuries and the road was cleared about two hours later.

Comments (6)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:58am Wed 27 Feb 13

wellnow says...

Mini roundabouts? Don't you just love em?
Mini roundabouts? Don't you just love em? wellnow
  • Score: 0

1:49pm Wed 27 Feb 13

O rly? says...

Sir Bob wrote:
About time they did something on Mersea Road.
Traffic lights that do not work have been there for nearly a year and it is so dangerous. No one knows what to do so just pull out at random.
Still no crossing for the old folk dispite loads of empty promises.
What does that have to do with this story?
[quote][p][bold]Sir Bob[/bold] wrote: About time they did something on Mersea Road. Traffic lights that do not work have been there for nearly a year and it is so dangerous. No one knows what to do so just pull out at random. Still no crossing for the old folk dispite loads of empty promises.[/p][/quote]What does that have to do with this story? O rly?
  • Score: 0

2:40pm Wed 27 Feb 13

Ritchie_Hicks says...

O rly? wrote:
Sir Bob wrote:
About time they did something on Mersea Road.
Traffic lights that do not work have been there for nearly a year and it is so dangerous. No one knows what to do so just pull out at random.
Still no crossing for the old folk dispite loads of empty promises.
What does that have to do with this story?
LOL
[quote][p][bold]O rly?[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Sir Bob[/bold] wrote: About time they did something on Mersea Road. Traffic lights that do not work have been there for nearly a year and it is so dangerous. No one knows what to do so just pull out at random. Still no crossing for the old folk dispite loads of empty promises.[/p][/quote]What does that have to do with this story?[/p][/quote]LOL Ritchie_Hicks
  • Score: 0

4:45pm Wed 27 Feb 13

Red Tape 2 says...

Actually I think they work well - I'd like to see one at the junction of Lexden Road and Norman Way as it's lethal there during the rush hour.
Actually I think they work well - I'd like to see one at the junction of Lexden Road and Norman Way as it's lethal there during the rush hour. Red Tape 2
  • Score: 0

1:16am Thu 28 Feb 13

Boris says...

Red Tape 2 wrote:
Actually I think they work well - I'd like to see one at the junction of Lexden Road and Norman Way as it's lethal there during the rush hour.
Lethal? How many deaths in the last 5 years?
[quote][p][bold]Red Tape 2[/bold] wrote: Actually I think they work well - I'd like to see one at the junction of Lexden Road and Norman Way as it's lethal there during the rush hour.[/p][/quote]Lethal? How many deaths in the last 5 years? Boris
  • Score: 0

11:38am Thu 28 Feb 13

Red Tape 2 says...

OK Maybe Lethal is a bit over dramatic :-) But I still think it would make that junction a lot safer and easier to use - I've seen plenty of near misses with vehicles trying to get out of Norman Way and having to not only watch both ways on a busy Lexden Road but also the road opposite.
OK Maybe Lethal is a bit over dramatic :-) But I still think it would make that junction a lot safer and easier to use - I've seen plenty of near misses with vehicles trying to get out of Norman Way and having to not only watch both ways on a busy Lexden Road but also the road opposite. Red Tape 2
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree