SIX authors have made the final shortlist of a short story competition as part of the Essex Book Festival.
More than 160 entries were received for the 500-word Get it Writ competition, and the judging panel had to whittle it down.
The theme of this year’s event was the legacy of summer 2012.
The final shortlist is:
- Gold Medal Father by Liz Andersen
- 2020 Vision by Hollie Hughes
- 1am Blessing by Oliver King
- Something Beginning with L by Gary Kittle
- The Hanging Man by Jo Norris
- Flowers by Bella D’Arcy Reed
Each author will read their story at the Mercury Studio Theatre, Colchester, from 8pm on Tuesday March 12 during Essex Book Festival’s Less is More: Celebrating Shorter Fiction event.
The overall Get it Writ winner will be announced at 7.45pm on Wednesday March 20 at Witham library during the Essex Book Festival Kindling Short Stories event.