Shed burns down in garden blaze

Shed burns down in garden blaze

Shed burns down in garden blaze

First published in News by

A GARDEN shed burnt to the ground in a late night fire.

Two fire engines from Dovercourt went to a house in Stour Road, Harwich, on Monday night, February 11, when flames burst out of the roof of the shed.

They found the shed completely alight after being called just before 11pm.

Fire fighters used three hose reel jets to extinguish the blaze which destroyed the six meter by six meter shed.

They left the area soon after 12.50am on Tuesday. No one was injured.

Neil Howell, who lives on the road, said: “I could hear some screaming and I thought it was just some kids messing about. Then I realised it was more serious. Some people must have got quite a shock.

“The street still smelt of smoke the next day.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree