Electrical blaze in Colchester

First published in News

FIREFIGHTERS were called to an electrical blaze in Colchester.

Crews rushed to St Peter's Street at around 1pm on Saturday after reports a substation near the old post office building was on fire.

It is thought the flames were started by an electrical panel at the site.

Firefighters attended the scene but the situation was brought under control by the electricity board.

Crews stayed on site until 1.16pm.

No one was injured.

Earlier this year plans were approved by Colchester Council to turn the old post office building into a Premier Inn.

Work is expected to begin on the site later this year.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree