Four property fire caused by electrical fault

First published in News

A FIRE which ripped through four properties has been blamed on an electrical fault.
 

Fire crews were called to King Harold Road and All Saints’ Avenue as flames spread through four gardens.
 

Firefighters managed to put out the blaze but not before thousands of pounds damage had been caused.
 

A fire investigator has ruled the fire was accidental and began with an electrical fault to an item in a wooden garden shed.
 

It was the second serious fire in a week in Colchester caused by poor electrics and firefighters have urged people to make sure cables and items are wired properly and secure.
 

Crews were originally called at about 6.30pm on Thursday, January 31.
 

See the full story in Thursday's Gazette.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree